Rick Perry "Taken Aback"

Says a lot about The Tea Party, I like Perry a little more after that comment.

how so? if a few dems act a certain way, does that say alot about the entire party?

You seem to have forgotten that it was a Tea Party event, and there was an awful lot of cheering.

nice dodge. AGAIN: if a few dems are at an event and they cheer (NOTE: not everyone there was cheering), is it your contention that we can attribute that to all dems?

anyway, despite the hacks, at least perry's not totally useless... he may have some interesting things to say.

i'm sure the rightwingnuts will turn on him now.

there you go again. I can't think of many people here who AGREED with the idiot who said it.. It's just a person in the AUDIENCE. How does that make it OUR ALL agreeing with it.?
Did when A DEMOCRAT REPRESNTIVE saying the Tea Party can go to hell, mean YOU ALL who are Democrats automataclly AGREE WITH HER and think she was RIGHT?

my gawd Jilly.

Apparently, the tea loons are a bit much even for governor perry...

Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Audience Cheering, Suggesting Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die: Report

Texas Governor Rick Perry says he was "taken aback" by an incident that occurred at Monday night's Republican presidential debate after U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) was asked if a man who is sick should be left to die because he is uninsured, according to NBC News.

In addressing the situation that unfolded Perry reportedly said, "We're the party of life."
see video at link:

Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Audience Cheering, Suggesting Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die: Report

I think we found Sarah Palin's death panels. Unfortunately for her, it's the GOP base.

Texas Governor Rick Perry says he was "taken aback" by an incident that occurred at Monday night's Republican presidential debate after U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) was asked if a man who is sick should be left to die because he is uninsured, according to NBC News.

In addressing the situation that unfolded Perry reportedly said, "We're the party of life."
see video at link:

I think we found Sarah Palin's death panels. Unfortunately for her, it's the GOP base.

Yeah, that's it..You lefties have all went beyond stupid. Too bad Obama is losing and you might have to have a Republican as President. I can see the SCREAMS NOW..

Last edited:
You know what's really interesting about this whole thing. Is the fact that so many "conservatives" are shying away from it. Why not own it? Why not make this a major issue? Why not come out and say "That's right. If you don't go out and get insurance you can die. Take responsibility for your health!"

Why are they being so scared about an issue they should be owning?

see video at link:

Yeah, that's it..You lefties have all went beyond stupid. Too bad Obama is losing and you might have to have a Republican as President. I can see the SCREAMS NOW..

There's nothing stupid about it. If this had never happened and someone had written an opinion piece saying that they were a bloodthirsty bunch of neanderthals, it could easily be dismissed as hyperbolic nonsense. However, nobody forced them to react that way. That was spontaneous.

Throw in a few torches and some pitchforks, and those guys would be right out of central casting.

There's nothing stupid about it. If this had never happened and someone had written an opinion piece saying that they were a bloodthirsty bunch of neanderthals, it could easily be dismissed as hyperbolic nonsense. However, nobody forced them to react that way. That was spontaneous.

Throw in a few torches and some pitchforks, and those guys would be right out of central casting.

OMG...:lol::cuckoo:
I'm off now, will be waiting on the edge of my seat for the new FAUX outrage of the day from Huffington post, thinkprogess, dailykos, etc etc..
see ya.

how so? if a few dems act a certain way, does that say alot about the entire party?

You seem to have forgotten that it was a Tea Party event, and there was an awful lot of cheering.

nice dodge. AGAIN: if a few dems are at an event and they cheer (NOTE: not everyone there was cheering), is it your contention that we can attribute that to all dems?

Must defend right wingers and blame dems.

Radical Paul's comment was sickening and his followers cheers were horrendous. HOWEVER, these are Radical Paul followers and not the tea party "loons" as you call them.

see video at link:

Must defend right wingers and blame dems.

ho hum..like you all have never did that. pfeeesh

Nope I have never defended right wingers and blamed the dems based on a partisan following.

You have proven that you do however with your post :beer:

But for you idiots here to automatically ASSUME and BLAME the Tea Party is the desperation we see with you people.

Wasn't it a Tea Party backed debate? Why should we NOT assume there were TPers in the room?

They'll just say they were democrat plants or maybe George Soros muahahahaha

She's right tho, Democrats always go to Republican Primary *snicker* debates.

I'm sorry...did I watch the right video? It seemed to me that the CHEERS came for Ron Paul when he stated that FREEDOM should mean the freedom to make choices and take risks and that if we ended up in trouble because of them we should take responsibility for that and look for help that doesn't involve asking a government agency to bail us out.

When the moderator said, "so we should just let them DIE???" Two? Maybe three? idiots in the audience shouted out "YES!" and there was some nervous curfluffle (laughs, coughs, murmurs) in the audience as people reacted and then went back to Paul who was making, I believe, a very strong case that independent organizations like churches, individuals who wanted to help, etc. could help these people without the need for more government spending and bureaucracy. NOTE: He did not say he wanted people to DIE...he stated that he wanted private citizens and organizations to take responsibility...rather than adding to the bloated and out-of-control government. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Not quite sure what the hub-bub is about. Ron Paul gave a well-stated Libertarian answer to a question and a couple of idiots in the audience acted like idiots.

Not to be too rude...but only another idiot would try to turn this into yet another indictment of the Tea Party. I once heard two liberals say something stupid too...but I'm not here calling all of you names because of it...

Last edited:
These people HAVE NOTHING else. They see the people agreeing more and more with the Tea Party and REJECTING the Obama and his Liberal-leftist ideas..So they only have one thing to do. ATTACK AND BLAME the Tea Party AND the American citizens in it.. Plus their own Representatives are doing it, so why shouldn't they follow. It's really sad if you look at it all. You would think they wouldn't want to be seen AS SHEEP. but I guess it doesn't bother them.

These people HAVE NOTHING else. They see the people agreeing more and more with the Tea Party and REJECTING the Obama and his Liberal-leftist ideas..So they only have one thing to do. ATTACK AND BLAME the Tea Party AND the American citizens in it.. Plus their own Representatives are doing it, so why shouldn't they follow. It's really sad if you look at it all. You would think they wouldn't want to be seen AS SHEEP. but I guess it doesn't bother them.

Such Grand Irony. I am lovin it! :beer:

I'm sorry...did I watch the right video? It seemed to me that the CHEERS came for Ron Paul when he stated that FREEDOM should mean the freedom to make choices and take risks and that if we ended up in trouble because of them we should take responsibility for that and look for help that doesn't involve asking a government agency to bail us out.

When the moderator said, "so we should just let them DIE???" Two? Maybe three? idiots in the audience shouted out "YES!" and there was some nervous curfluffle (laughs, coughs, murmurs) in the audience as people reacted and then went back to Paul who was making, I believe, a very strong case that independent organizations like churches, individuals who wanted to help, etc. could help these people without the need for more government spending and bureaucracy. NOTE: He did not say he wanted people to DIE...he stated that he wanted private citizens and organizations to take responsibility...rather than adding to the bloated and out-of-control government. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Not quite sure what the hub-bub is about. Ron Paul gave a well-stated Libertarian answer to a question and a couple of idiots in the audience acted like idiots.

Not to be too rude...but only another idiot would try to turn this into yet another indictment of the Tea Party. I once heard two liberals say something stupid too...but I'm not here calling all of you names because of it...

you're misrepresenting the video.

and only an idiot would try to defend the tea loons.

not to be too rude....

Last edited:

Such Grand Irony. I am lovin it! :beer:

whatever dude.

But for you idiots here to automatically ASSUME and BLAME the Tea Party is the desperation we see with you people.

Wasn't it a Tea Party backed debate? Why should we NOT assume there were TPers in the room?

you can assume anything you want I guess. It was a debate PUT ON BY THE TEAPARTY.
so does that mean ONLY PEOPLE IN THE TEA PARTY can attend? give us all a break.

Would you go to a debate put on by the Communist Party? (I know, that's likely a bit too abstract for you to understand - mea culpa in advance).

you can assume anything you want I guess. It was a debate PUT ON BY THE TEAPARTY.
so does that mean ONLY PEOPLE IN THE TEA PARTY can attend? give us all a break.

Would you go to a debate put on by the Communist Party? (I know, that's likely a bit too abstract for you to understand - mea culpa in advance).

I wouldn't, but some might..they might want to to see what they have to say. (but that's likely a bit too abstract for you to understand)...
And I am not going to apologize to you for your stupidity, now run along little one.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back