Rick Perry Just Lost The Southern Vote: Comes Out And Opposes The Confederate Flag

You're the only one keeping this thread going at this point....

And that seems to really piss you off, doesn't it?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Me? Not at all...anything that costs Perry votes (although I believe it is a non issue too) is fine with me. I simply pointed out that USAR is, in fact, a baboon. You quoted me commenting with "who cares" about 20 minutes ago and have done nothing but show your concern for this long dead topic ever since.

Please keep it at the top of the boards as much as you want. Less of Perry and more of anybody else is a good thing.

But if you're going to take the "who cares about this topic" approach then repeatedly keep the topic going, one has to question your intellect. Having Palin as your avatar don't help much either.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

In other words you don't like that I don't take EITHER OF YOU, seriously.

Dude, no one cares about either flag.

Here's a clue. THE SOUTH LOST! It's 150 years later.

I think there are just A FEW THINGS more important than that damn flag. I think the fact that Obama is spending our kid's and our kid's kids future down the drain is just a LITTLE BIT MORE IMPORTANT.

So, stuff both the flags for the confederacy. I don't care.

I lean toward Cain and Bachman, anyway. I can't see Cain cozying up to the Confederate flag, either.

I mean, GOOD GRIEF THIS IS STUPID.

Both of you get over yourselves!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And that seems to really piss you off, doesn't it?

Me? Not at all...anything that costs Perry votes (although I believe it is a non issue too) is fine with me. I simply pointed out that USAR is, in fact, a baboon. You quoted me commenting with "who cares" about 20 minutes ago and have done nothing but show your concern for this long dead topic ever since.

Please keep it at the top of the boards as much as you want. Less of Perry and more of anybody else is a good thing.

But if you're going to take the "who cares about this topic" approach then repeatedly keep the topic going, one has to question your intellect. Having Palin as your avatar don't help much either.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think there are just A FEW THINGS more important than that damn flag. I think the fact that Obama is spending our kid's and our kid's kids future down the drain is just a LITTLE BIT MORE IMPORTANT.

I lean toward Cain and Bachman, anyway. I can't see Cain cozying up to the Confederate flag, either.

Again, you keep the thread going. How about commenting on other threads then?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Again, you keep the thread going. How about commenting on other threads then?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny you aren't whining to other people commenting to shut up.

I have to wonder why you keep whining to me?

I think the answer is obvious. I'm kicking both of your butts.

Keep whining. It's funny!

Except that it is not.
It was for a while, but for the greater part of it's existence the Confederate government adopted this flag:
stainless.gif

In it's last months the government added a red stripe at the fly:
thirdnationaflag.gif

The Sons of Confederate Veterans do not use the flags of the government but the military's battle flag.
3ftconfed.jpg

I have different info but if you say so.

Why did they add a red stripe?
On very still days, it could be confused for a flag of surrender.

A decently accurate article on the subject:
Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Except that it is not.
It was for a while, but for the greater part of it's existence the Confederate government adopted this flag:
stainless.gif

In it's last months the government added a red stripe at the fly:
thirdnationaflag.gif

The Sons of Confederate Veterans do not use the flags of the government but the military's battle flag.
3ftconfed.jpg

I have different info but if you say so.

Why did they add a red stripe?
On very still days, it could be confused for a flag of surrender.

A decently accurate article on the subject:
Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ahh, I see.

Sort of reminds me of an episode I watched of a long cancelled TV show called Dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs Ep25 3/3 Nuts to War Part 2 - YouTube

The battle flag that they wore had a bulls eye on it. Oh well...

He just alienated a majority of would-be Perry voters :lol:

Have you be reading the polls.

Cain's at the head of the polls. And yet you tell me most Republicans have confederate flags tacked up on the all of their garage?

Haven't seen any Republicans actually vote for Cain

Then you can post your smilie faces

Hey, genius!

Guess what President lead the nation against the Confederate Flag?????????

Ooooooooooooooooooooo let me think! This is sooooooooooooooooo hard . . . .:eusa_think:

Oh yeah, that would be ABRAHAM LINCOLN!

Now just what party was Lincoln from????

Oh darn, let me think. It's on the tip of my tongue . . . . :eusa_think::eusa_think:

OH YEAH THAT WOULD BE THE GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you libs ever think before you post?

I swear if we could harnass the brain power of all you libs in this forum we might be able to toast bread . . . . lightly . . . .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

teapartygirl, w/ the Paylin AV, says that Southerners don't care about the Civil War. She don't live in the South. Thats fer sure.
The whole thing might cost him thirty or forty votes in each southern state. The WBTS and flags might have been a really big deal as recently as twenty years ago, but not so much now.

Have you be reading the polls.

Cain's at the head of the polls. And yet you tell me most Republicans have confederate flags tacked up on the all of their garage?

Hey, genius!

Ooooooooooooooooooooo let me think! This is sooooooooooooooooo hard . . . .:eusa_think:

Oh darn, let me think. It's on the tip of my tongue . . . . :eusa_think::eusa_think:

I swear if we could harnass the brain power of all you libs in this forum we might be able to toast bread . . . . lightly . . . .

Was Lincoln black?

Let me check..........no, he wasn't

Republicans have never voted for a black candidate at a Governor, Senator or Presidential level. They won't this time either. Cain will not win a single state in the GOP primaries.

Save your smilies.....you will need them

teapartygirl, w/ the Paylin AV, says that Southerners don't care about the Civil War. She don't live in the South. Thats fer sure.
The whole thing might cost him thirty or forty votes in each southern state. The WBTS and flags might have been a really big deal as recently as twenty years ago, but not so much now.

I'd say more like 40/50 years ago.

But the problem is WHEN it did matter in the South, the South was HEAVILY DEMOCRAT.

I know! I lived in the South during that time.

All those Jim Crow laws, and crap. You couldn't throw a rock without hitting a Democrat in those days.

The South has gone Republican in some states. It's a total joke to suggest that the Republican party care about the Confederate flag, considering our first Republican President gave his life to get rid of that flag.

You're just as bad as USArmyRetired.

He only sees the world through is opinionated prism and baby so do YOU!

You're wrong. I've asked Republicans over and over again what they have done in the last 20 years that's been good for the country and they can't name a single thing. They are the majority in the House and the approval rating is 9%. They shout "let him die" and applaud executions and boo American soldiers stationed in Iraq. They have become a disgusting and dirty party. They have voted people into office al Qaeda would be proud of. The majority are uneducated and not rich, yet they shill for the rich. They are against anything that is good for the country. Education, infrastructure, science. They are against it. Their center is in the Confederate South.

People accuse me of seeing them through a "prism". But point out which part is "wrong". You can't. Even many Republicans are ashamed. The few with a conscience.

Thank you for proving me right!

Need I say more? You make the case for me!

It's the Republicans who made your case, not me.

Hey, genius!

Was Lincoln black?

Republicans have never voted for a black candidate at a Governor, Senator or Presidential level. They won't this time either. Cain will not win a single state in the GOP primaries.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT!

The ONLY way to prove we aren't racists is to BE racists and vote for someone BASED SOLELY ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN???????????

Then you tell me to save my smilies?????????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Would Paylin have done something else?

The only other flag to fly over Alaska was this one.

Russian_empire.png

I don't see her caring that much for it.

It is now 150 years on and since the migrations of the 20th Century it is no longer part of the collective history down there. It is reality, but at best it is an embarrassment.

Hey, genius!

Was Lincoln black?

The ONLY way to prove we aren't racists is to BE racists and vote for someone BASED SOLELY ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN???????????

Maybe you could start by actually voting for one........ever

In the past 100 years, Republicans have yet to show they would vote for a black candidate in a major election. Cain will be no different.......he will not take a single state

If he does, I will say that for the first time in my adult life I am proud of the Republican Party

Hey, genius!

Was Lincoln black?

Are you sure....?
Ed.jpg

This is the one I remember growing up. I am sure there are more.

Republilcans have two indian Governors right now, Palin was married to a different kind of indian, Republicans voted in a Japanese senator in 1980. I don't bother with this much, so I am sure there are a lot more.

Would Paylin have done something else?

The only other flag to fly over Alaska was this one.

Russian_empire.png

I don't see her caring that much for it.

It is now 150 years on and since the migrations of the 20th Century it is no longer part of the collective history down there. It is reality, but at best it is an embarrassment.

There will always be assholes who will fly the CBF as some sort of racial thing. Nobody stood up to it when it started to happen in the late 1940's and that use kind of peaked ten years or so ago, though it continues. Lots of use as a symbol of ongoing rebellion against an overreaching national government.
Largely it is flown now as a sort of protest

Was Lincoln black?

Maybe you could start by actually voting for one........ever

In the past 100 years, Republicans have yet to show they would vote for a black candidate in a major election. Cain will be no different.......he will not take a single state

If he does, I will say that for the first time in my adult life I am proud of the Republican Party

Our candidate for Governor (Ohio) in 2006 was Ken Blackwell.

(psst! Strickland the Democrat candidate was white)

And it wasn't a Republican that said about Obama, "A few years ago this guy would be getting us coffee." That would be Bill Clinton.

Hey, genius!

Was Lincoln black?

Are you sure....?
Ed.jpg

This is the one I remember growing up. I am sure there are more.

Republilcans have two indian Governors right now, Palin was married to a different kind of indian, Republicans voted in a Japanese senator in 1980. I don't bother with this much, so I am sure there are a lot more.

The Republican candidate for Governor (Ohio) was Ken Blackwell.

ken_blackwell_bio.jpg

I think it's a shame he didn't win. I think he would have made a damn good governor. Better than Kasich.

I would like to see Blackwell run for Governor(again) or Senator (and replace Brown)

Forum List

Back