Rick Perry is the GOPs best bet against Obama

If he isn't a conservative then why aren't you supporting him?

I don't think compulsory inoculations of that sort are a good idea...it should be the choice of the parent and the young lady.

Why are YOU supporting him knowing what you know now that he wants your 11 or 12 year old daughter to have to have this injection--FOR CANCER...and everybody else's daughter too. Please tell us that.

Didn't think you wanted any part of that...

I think I asked the question first.
If Rick Perry isn't a conservative then why are you so opposed to him?

And Michelle ran for what?

Fattening foods would be my guess...:eusa_whistle:

She has made plenty of political speeches.. she's running around the country at the taxpayers expense suckholing for political contributions...she's well qualified for insults and inconsistencies...don't you think?

And Michelle ran for what?

First Lady.
She has a staff. She campaigns. She gives speeches. What else would you call that?

Doesnt have any of Romneys baggage ie Mass Health Care, Morman etc

Hope he runs

The GOP's "best bet" will always be the candidate not in the race. If Perry enters, the mantle will be passed to Christie. And since he's admittedly not ready to president, presumably it will remain with him. Until then, sure, maybe it is Perry.

Hope he runs

I really like this guy, still haven't found anything to stop me voting for him.

The fact that the Left can only lie about him makes him even more attractive.
I wouldn't expect to like every single position and every single vote he's ever done. I look at the overall package. And I like what I see.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCNbjFiZZG0&feature=related]YouTube - ‪2010 General: Gov. Rick Perry's Closing Argument‬‏[/ame]

Hope he runs

I wouldn't expect to like every single position and every single vote he's ever done. I look at the overall package. And I like what I see.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCNbjFiZZG0&feature=related]YouTube - ‪2010 General: Gov. Rick Perry's Closing Argument‬‏[/ame]

I do too....i wish we could make our federal legislature like texas'. Meet once every other year for 100 days :D

Hope he runs

He has his own baggage.

Click here to find out more!
BELTWAY CONFIDENTIAL
Politics from the Nation's Capital
1Share
Print
Comments 1
Rick Perry's mixed record on regulatory robbery
By: Timothy P. Carney | Senior Political Columnist Follow Him @TPCarney | 06/21/11 6:16 PM

In February 2007, Texas Governor Rick Perry bypassed the legislature, and used an executive order to require all girls to receive a vaccine against the sexually transmitted human papillomavirus, which can cause cervical cancer. He also subsidized the drug through Medicaid and other channels.

In a storyline I would have made up were I writing a novel about this, Perry's former chief of staff was a lobbyist for the drug company that crafted the policy.

Here's the Post's report:

Read more at the Washington Examiner: Rick Perry's mixed record on regulatory robbery | Timothy P. Carney | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

Rick Perry's mixed record on regulatory robbery | Timothy P. Carney | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner

You are against healthcare reform, but it is ok to force young girls to take an unproven vaccine ? He also made a butt load pf money on the deal.

Last edited:

Hope he runs

Yeah, me too. He seems like such a shoe in. Anyone who advocated seceding from the United States should be a lock to RUN the whole of the United States, right?:cuckoo:

C'mon...he wasn't taken out of context but he wasn't serious either. I think he sails to the nomination but he isn't a shoo-in against Obama; Perry used to be a Democrat....that in and of itself may be the kiss of death for a lot of the GOP.

Most everyone was at one time a Democrat and then they grew up sad I know but time always moves forward

Yeah, me too. He seems like such a shoe in. Anyone who advocated seceding from the United States should be a lock to RUN the whole of the United States, right?:cuckoo:

C'mon...he wasn't taken out of context but he wasn't serious either. I think he sails to the nomination but he isn't a shoo-in against Obama; Perry used to be a Democrat....that in and of itself may be the kiss of death for a lot of the GOP.

Most everyone was at one time a Democrat and then they grew up sad I know but time always moves forward

More like he had no feuture in texas if he did not. He is good at judging the political winds. The only thing he has going for him is if he senses that hil political career is in jeopardy, he will change his mind, and do whats right. He still will not discuss his connections to Merick Drug company.

And why is he our best chance? because you say so?

No he doesn't have Romney's baggage. He does have his own.

Personally, I don't think Romney's baggage is that serious. It certainly wasn't in 2008.

Oh and his mormonism isnt baggage.

Some on the left play the M card, so they must think it's a issue.

Heard Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews during his intro to a segment about Jon Huntsman last week drop the Mormon into it, something like latest Republican, a Mormon, to join... And then he circled back around to remind his few viewers that Romney is also a Mormon.

Why don't lefty stooges like Matthews think it's important to tell us what religion Herman Cain follows, or Pawlenty, or other candidates?

Hope he runs

You cant point out any lies ? You are as bad as the Paul Zombies.

Personally, I don't think Romney's baggage is that serious. It certainly wasn't in 2008.

Heard Chris "thrill up my leg" Matthews during his intro to a segment about Jon Huntsman last week drop the Mormon into it, something like latest Republican, a Mormon, to join... And then he circled back around to remind his few viewers that Romney is also a Mormon.

Why don't lefty stooges like Matthews think it's important to tell us what religion Herman Cain follows, or Pawlenty, or other candidates?

Thats bull shit. Theology should not matter.

They think that all conservatives are bigots. Therefore they project their belief and tell people conservatives wouldnt vote for Romney because they are bigots.
Similarly when it was unclear Obama would win we were told the only reason he would lose is racism. Of course he won. Does that mean the country is not racist? Not by a long shot.
But consistency is not the virtue of the Left.

I don't think compulsory inoculations of that sort are a good idea...it should be the choice of the parent and the young lady.

Why are YOU supporting him knowing what you know now that he wants your 11 or 12 year old daughter to have to have this injection--FOR CANCER...and everybody else's daughter too. Please tell us that.

And I know I answered it; I don't want compulsory injections for 11 and 12 year old girls.

Now, how about YOU answer the question; why do you support him if he wants the government to be THAT invasive...forcing 11 and 12 year old girls to get inoculations?

Last edited:

And I know I answered it; I don't want compulsory injections for 11 and 12 year old girls.

Now, how about YOU answer the question; why do you support him if he wants the government to be THAT invasive...forcing 11 and 12 year old girls to get inoculations?

So you're in favor of less gov't regulation and intrusion? Why aren't you a Republican?
I like Perry. That doesnt mean I support every single decision he ever made. If I waited for a candidate who agreed with me 100% of the time I would never vote.

Well, in the South, their so-called "states rights" issue of segregation was more important to them than the Democrat Party....that's for sure.

So you're in favor of less gov't regulation and intrusion? Why aren't you a Republican?
I like Perry. That doesnt mean I support every single decision he ever made. If I waited for a candidate who agreed with me 100% of the time I would never vote.

This is true. Its very true, but when those decisions we dont like can kill us or our family's, it is a whole different story. For the record if I have not said it before, The one good thing about Rick Perry is that if he senses danger to his political career he will flip his opinion in a New York minute. He wont make comments like Obama did when he said that he was going to pass healthcare reform against the will of the public and let the Voters decide in the next election. Perry would NEVER say anything like that. In the primary, if its Perry and Paul, I will vote for Perry, and then I would vote Perry for president. Any one is better then Obama.

Forum List

Back