Rick Perry forgets number of Supreme Court judges

It could have been worse. What if he'd said 57 judges?

Why do people hammer away at this whole 57 state thing? Who hasn't has a slip of the tongue before? Who hasn't on occasion said "80" when they meant "18"?
How does one confuse 50 states with 57? I have never said "My Muslim faith" instead of "My Christian faith". How do you confuse those two?

There's "slip of the tongue" and then there's "forgetting what you have to lie about". That's what we see with Perry and Obama sometimes.

He meant to say 47, and everyone knows it.

Isn't it amazing that not much more than 3 months ago the Right was raving about Rick Perry, and about his miraculous Texas economy, etc., etc.?

Why do people hammer away at this whole 57 state thing? Who hasn't has a slip of the tongue before? Who hasn't on occasion said "80" when they meant "18"?
How does one confuse 50 states with 57? I have never said "My Muslim faith" instead of "My Christian faith". How do you confuse those two?

There's "slip of the tongue" and then there's "forgetting what you have to lie about". That's what we see with Perry and Obama sometimes.

He meant to say 9 and everybody knows it.

Man, I love the internet. I can just proclaim things to be facts and that suddenly makes them facts. It's so awesome.
Who liberated Auschwitz?

It could have been worse. What if he'd said 57 judges?

Why do people hammer away at this whole 57 state thing? Who hasn't has a slip of the tongue before? Who hasn't on occasion said "80" when they meant "18"? Who hasn't, on occasion, inadvertently spat out a word that was completely nonsensical at the time, because a split second before they heard it on the TV in the background and their mind had a split second distraction? When people cite such things as a reason to criticize a candidate it's downright pathetic. It's like grade schoolers trying to embarrass classmates for farting.

But Perry is doing more than having slips of the tongue. His behavior seriously calls into question his knowledge of the workings and structure of the federal government. He outright forgets entire government agencies that he wants to eliminate. I don't think he has yet to clue us in on what the third agency was. But he apparently plans to eliminate it if elected. I wonder if he even knows what it does. He can't remember the names of Supreme Court justices, but he's convinced that they're activist judges. Does he even know anything about the woman? How little has he been paying attention if he can't remember her name?

Don't get me wrong, we all have a momentary lapse of memory from time to time. But Perry seems to have an awful lot of them on both important and basic aspects of how the government runs. At the very least, he's too close to senility to be in charge of the football.
I do that all the time, its so embarrassing.
I sure am glad I never say 8 instead of 9 though. People might think I am evil incarnate if I did that.

On Friday, Perry criticized Obama for his two Supreme Court nominees. "When you see his appointment of two, from my perspective, inarguably activist judges, whether it was ..." he said, trailing off.

He paused for six seconds. "Not Montemayor," he said.

"Sotomayor," a member of the editorial board said.

"Sotomayor, Sotomayor," Perry said.
He went on to denounce "eight unelected and, frankly, unaccountable judges" in a discussion of prayer in schools. But nine justices sit on the Supreme Court; they are nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate.

Similar gaffes have plagued Perry. Perhaps the most memorable was during a debate last month, when he couldn't remember one of three federal agencies he has pledged to abolish. As recently as Thursday, Perry had to correct himself after saying the United States is at war in Iran instead of Iraq.
Not surprising.

Perry's ignorance is shocking, but it IS in keeping with the GOP base and how they eschew educated elites.

On Friday, Perry criticized Obama for his two Supreme Court nominees. "When you see his appointment of two, from my perspective, inarguably activist judges, whether it was ..." he said, trailing off.

He paused for six seconds. "Not Montemayor," he said.

"Sotomayor," a member of the editorial board said.

"Sotomayor, Sotomayor," Perry said.

He went on to denounce "eight unelected and, frankly, unaccountable judges" in a discussion of prayer in schools. But nine justices sit on the Supreme Court; they are nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate.

Similar gaffes have plagued Perry. Perhaps the most memorable was during a debate last month, when he couldn't remember one of three federal agencies he has pledged to abolish. As recently as Thursday, Perry had to correct himself after saying the United States is at war in Iran instead of Iraq.

Not surprising.

And we have a health care law named after a guy that thinks you need a breathalyzer when you have trouble breathing, but that's different.... :lol:

Isn't it amazing that not much more than 3 months ago the Right was raving about Rick Perry, and about his miraculous Texas economy, etc., etc.?
…and then Cain and now Gingrich.

The right would be well-advised to focus on fielding the best candidate, not blinding investing all their efforts in a given candidate they believe can ‘beat Obama.’

But I doubt any exists; it’s certainly not Gingrich, however.

This isn't news.. it's just another stupid thing Perry messed up on, gaffe or what have you. The Dumbo in office and his moronic sidekick Biden are the creme of the crop for STOOOOOPID. Shall we list all of their infamous brainfarts?? You leftists are a bunch of ignorant fucks.

This isn't news.. it's just another stupid thing Perry messed up on, gaffe or what have you. The Dumbo in office and his moronic sidekick Biden are the creme of the crop for STOOOOOPID. Shall we list all of their infamous brainfarts?? You leftists are a bunch of ignorant fucks.

Now there’s an intelligent and thoughtful post, certain to draw democrats to the republican candidate.

Now there’s an intelligent and thoughtful post, certain to draw democrats to the republican candidate.

Keep up HACK- No leftist on this forum is going to vote for any republican. Secondly, this is about your idiotic stooges in this thread going after Perry for something both President Dumbo and Vice President Goober do continually. Get it??

What? Moonbats like you would vote for Ahmadinejad as long as he has that (D) next to his name.....

But Obama lighting the Minorah two weeks early, blurting out his "Muslim" faith, 57 states, "Corpse-man", and being totally lost without a teleprompter, that gets a pass.

It gets such a pass that none of us know anything about it and never talk about it, because it was never covered, and we have absolutely no knowledge of those events taking place.

Wait....

Not because the MSM talks about it.

I would love to see them apply the standards to Obama's flubs they've applied to Perry's.

Or to have applied the scrutiny they gave to Herman Cain to Bill Clinton, for that matter.

and what the hell does that have to do with anything.
do you say that when your dear leaders messes up and thinks he's in Texas instead of Kansas?

or pronounces corpmens.....corps-men?

Rick is no more now, than in the beginning, a viable national candidate.

His boo boos have made him vulnerable in Texas, and he is playing to his base their with the baseless comments about religious liberties.

do you say that when your dear leaders messes up and thinks he's in Texas instead of Kansas?

The fact that you can't tell the difference between Obama mistakes and Perry's breathtaking stupidity is just more evidence of your own stupidity.

PLEASE nominate Perry to run against Obama.

The fact that you can't tell the difference between Obama mistakes and Perry's breathtaking stupidity is just more evidence of your own stupidity.

PLEASE nominate Perry to run against Obama.

hahah, Obama are MISTAKES. everyone else is stupidity...GOT IT.

He meant to say 9 and everybody knows it.

Man, I love the internet. I can just proclaim things to be facts and that suddenly makes them facts. It's so awesome.
Who liberated Auschwitz?

Please nominate Perry.

Forum List

Back