Rick Perry Apologizes for "Inappropriate" Remarks on Immigration

Too late, cat's out of the bag.

I'm glad though he didn't wait to get elected before revealing his true colors.
I agree, and Gover Perry knows he can't unsay what he said. He's truly sorry he made people feel he thought them heartless, because that's not what he meant. He has not changed his views, though, about illegal immigrants' children being educated consistent with Texas state law that was passed with only 4 dissenting votes in the Texas legislature.

Texas is a good place to work, because he has worked very hard for years to make Texas a good place to do business and hire people who work hard for a living. Some of them are immigrants who've lived and worked and paid taxes here for a lifetime. Texas legislature was nearly unanimous in giving those children the same privileges Texas voters' children have.

It was a state's law issue, and Governor Perry is enthusiastic about the State of Texas' laws. He misspoke, because some people with very good hearts do not agree with him on the issue, and he's sorry for having offended anyone with his verve and love for Texas laws.

He is apologizing for calling people heartless.

He stands behind his position 100%.

The left is trying to make it look like a waffle moment, and anyone paying attention knows it is'nt.

It was a mistake for calling people heartless, and THATS what he is apologizing for.

Personally, I think it's great that Perry advocates using Government funding to help educate illegal aliens. It really sets him apart from the other GOP candidates.

Who said gov't funding?

In state tuition rates does'nt equate gov't funding :confused:

Texas, likely the reddest state in the union, passed this law 181 to 4.

Obviously, this was the will of the people, more power to them.

Rather than EDUCATE people that are in our country illegally with government funding, we
should be arresting them.

Somewhere along the line the people of this great nation have become completely confused.

And NO, Rick Perry doesn't get a by.:eusa_hand:

Only for any and all graduates of Tx HS's to be able to get in state tuition....

The anchor babies need to go home with their parents IMO!

Only for any and all graduates of Tx HS's to be able to get in state tuition....

The anchor babies need to go home with their parents IMO!

And Perry could have copped out with that, and people would have bought it.

Romney's reversed every position he held as governor, and look at all the folks who are buying that.

Instead he told the truth, "This is what I believe is right."

It makes me respect him and want to vote for him more...not less.

Let's face it, NONE of the Presidential candidates, or the idiot presently in the White House, are going to protect the sovereignty of the United States the way it MUST be protected. We are screwed, one way or another.

Politicians are COWARDS by nature, and by necessity. They never STOP running for re-election.

Perry apologizes for using the term 'heartless'.
Doesn't apologize for using the statement 'adios mofos' some time ago.
Priceless!

I am out off by his apology. If he truly believed what he said then he should stand by it. Same for the rest of the politicians. I dont like any one who makes a decision on what the polls say. To me it proves them dishonest.

I am out off by his apology. If he truly believed what he said then he should stand by it. Same for the rest of the politicians. I dont like any one who makes a decision on what the polls say. To me it proves them dishonest.

Bought and paid for eventually proves most of them dishonest. Perry, no different, at a time when we need someone different.

So if a politician decides he was out of line he cant say "Hey, I was wrong. I made a mistake"?

We are all human... I'd rather them be honest and own up to it.

But thats just me....

So if a politician decides he was out of line he cant say "Hey, I was wrong. I made a mistake"?

But thats just me....

Did Perry apologize for 'Adios Mofos' comment? I think not! But now that he's running for nomination, he apologizes for the term 'heartless', which is mega times more non-offensive then 'Adios Mofo'.
That in itself is a neg commentary on his character......and yours' too since you defend his crap!
But, as you stated, we are all human, the last refuge of lamest excuses......one that you obviously identify with. :lol::lol::lol:

But thats just me....

Did Perry apologize for 'Adios Mofos' comment? I think not! But now that he's running for nomination, he apologizes for the term 'heartless', which is mega times more non-offensive then 'Adios Mofo'.
That in itself is a neg commentary on his character......and yours' too since you defend his crap!
But, as you stated, we are all human, the last refuge of lamest excuses......one that you obviously identify with. :lol::lol::lol:

Why dont you grow up B?

What was the adios mo fo thing about anyway..... ?

Nevermind..... I dont care! I have more important things to do right now

ADIOS MO FO :fu:

Perry is going to stand by all his positions. He's called out Romney on his flop flopping too much for him to have any option but to stand by his positions. He didn't apologize for his position, but for calling people "heartless" for opposing in-state tuition for the GRADUATED students of American high schools.

It's one of the few things he's gotten right.

But thats just me....

Why dont you grow up B?

As concerns the 'Adios Mofo' thingy, google is your friend (as the svelte Syrenn likes to say).
Go fix the trail carnage on your 4-wheeler. You'd be doing me and others a favor.

Perry is going to stand by all his positions. He's called out Romney on his flop flopping too much for him to have any option but to stand by his positions. He didn't apologize for his position, but for calling people "heartless" for opposing in-state tuition for the GRADUATED students of American high schools.

It's one of the few things he's gotten right.

Takes a 'liberal deep in California' to get a thankee from Infidel. :cool:
Shows how screwed up Infidel is!
Game, set, match, for this thread.
Enuff said........adios (without the 'Mofo).

But thats just me....

In some cases yes, but is his version of the dream act law in Texas now ? If so, will his next move be to repeal it ? I see where you are coming from and I dont mean to yank your chain, but when you are working it the level he does, and as the President of the United States you dont get call backs and do overs.

But thats just me....

Why dont you grow up B?

Thanks, Infidel. Perry's apology was meant for saying anyone might be heartless. He stood by his opinion that he would support the Texas State law granting some privileges to kids whose parents were illegal, which was a state law passed in Texas some time ago by 181 to 4 legislatively.

We've all misspoken some time or another in life.

Forum List

Back