Richard Nixon was one of the better presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Ended the war in Nam - the Moon-landing President (respected/carried JFKs agenda) , started detente with the Soviet Union and Red China - won 49 out of50 states for re-election

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

49izadw.gif

The Democrat Congress defunded the war in Viet Nam. Nixon's peace talks were absolutely feckless.

Nixon was the father of the EPA and OSHA. Didn't exactly rehab his image with lefties now, did it?

All Detente did was enable the Soviet Union to forestall its inevitable collapse.

Wage and price freeze?

Nixon one of the better presidents indeed.
He was paranoid enough that I could see baggers identifying with him though.

Only president that served while a human stepped foot on another planet.

Didn't start nam.........................

Where Nixon is concerned, there are two or three things he did that are worthy of positive recognition.

None of them make him one of the "better Presidents."

Ended the war in Nam - the Moon-landing President (respected/carried JFKs agenda) , started detente with the Soviet Union and Red China - won 49 out of50 states for re-election

And wanted to take your handguns away from you.................:lol:

When did the moon become irrelevant???????????/

I thought the Apollo moon landings were a first step towards colonizing the moon.

I remember watching 2001 A Space Odyssey back in 1968 when it came out.

Made earth to moon travel out to be routine................

I remember listening to to XMas eve 1968 telecast of Borman, Anders , Lovell citing the scriptures circling the Moon.

For good measure - there was a good 2 feet of snow on the ground.

Actually - better than the moon landing itself.

Now the space program is a total bore.

never figured out what the space shuttle program was about - except repairing solor panels and toilets

So where is the space program going know.

freaking bummer

Would be interester from hearing from Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood - astronauts on 2001 in 1968

probably dissapointed

winning 49 out of 50 states isn't what made him a good president.

he actually would probably have been considered one of our greatest ever had he not been paranoid and dishonest.

but he did

create the EPA

open China

ended the war (ok, so that was a bit delayed)

he was our most liberal president in my lifetime and he wouldn't even get through the primaries now because he's be considered a RINO by the loons.

never figured out what the space shuttle program was about - except repairing solor panels and toilets
I'm sure some engineering-student, in India, could update you on NASA-spawned developments, that benefit mankind (in-general). :rolleyes:

1994: Relying on technologies created for servicing spacecraft, a Santa Barbara-based company developed a mechanical arm that allows surgeons to operate three instruments simultaneously, while performing laparoscopic surgery. In 2001, the first complete robotic surgical operation proved successful, when a team of doctors in New York removed the gallbladder of a woman in France using the Computer Motion equipment."

Thanks, again, for representing the Incurious Population of the U.S.

We couldn't be drifting towards Third World Status, without your efforts.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back