Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists

And yet, oddly, you seem to have no refutation.

There is nothing to refute.

And yet, oddly, you seem to have no refutation.

"What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens.
So you're just going to pretend Post #22 doesn't exist.

Leftists and their magical thinking. :lol:

Post 22 exists, but is only one man's opinion....A nobel prize winner for sure, but so what? You guys are not exactly enamoured with Nobel prize laureates - Obama is one, too, remember.

So you find is hard to believe in evolution, but some dude just waved his wand and we all appeared is more believable??? LOL... The only places where this occurs (outside the bible) is in fairy tales. There's a reason for that....

"What can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens.

Post 22 exists, but is only one man's opinion....A nobel prize winner for sure, but so what? You guys are not exactly enamoured with Nobel prize laureates - Obama is one, too, remember.

So you find is hard to believe in evolution, but some dude just waved his wand and we all appeared is more believable??? LOL... The only places where this occurs (outside the bible) is in fairy tales. There's a reason for that....
Creation is more believable than the lie of evolution. Taht some dude is GOD, whether you believe in him or not, your problem, sorry.

He who creates makes the rules and is justified in judging his creation. But you know he gave plenty of warning before the flood and he has given plenty of warning of the end for sinful man that rejects the creator.

He sounds like a monster...I'm glad he doesnt exist :eusa_whistle:

Perhaps he might give that impression on judgment day.

So now you speak for this alleged god. You better hope he/she doesn't exist, because if he/she is what the Bible says he/she is, I doubt he/she would take too kindly at you speaking for him/her.

Creation is more believable than the lie of evolution. Taht some dude is GOD, whether you believe in him or not, your problem, sorry.

Creation is absolutely not believable. It is a myth......like all Gods. You think your god is somehow special or different from all the other gods that have been created by man?

The only reason you have Christianity today is because Constantine converted on his death bed. Without that act, Christianity would have either died or carried on being a cult like it was. Let us not forget the main reason Europe - and therefore the USA - is predominantly Christian is because most people were converted at the point of the sword. Just like Islam. Unlike Buddism, Hinduism, Judism.

The ONLY reason you are a Christian is because you were born one. If by some stroke of fate you had been born in India you would most likely be Hindu, if Saudi Arabia, a Muslim.

Go figure...

Last edited:

Where did I say I didn't believe in evolution? :confused:

Creation is absolutely not believable. It is a myth......like all Gods. You think your god is somehow special or different from all the other gods that have been created by man?

The only reason you have Christianity today is because Constantine converted on his death bed. Without that act, Christianity would have either died or carried on being a cult like it was. Let us not forget the main reason Europe - and therefore the USA - is predominantly Christian is because most people were converted at the point of the sword. Just like Islam. Unlike Buddism, Hinduism, Judism.

The ONLY reason you are a Christian is because you were born one. If by some stroke of fate you had been born in India you would most likely be Hindu, if Saudi Arabia, a Muslim.

Go figure...
God the creator is the one and only God, whether or not you believe. Christianity was not a result of constatine, that is a lie. Christianity survived because it is the truth. Evolution is the lie.

The abominable, tyrannical, vicious nature of God as described by Christian theology is not actually a criticism of God. It is a criticism of that description, and prima facie evidence that the description is wrong.

Because God is NOT like that.

Interesting. As a point of reference, what color is the sky in your world?

Blue.

What color should science teach the whale was that Jonah lived inside for days?
Depends on what kind of whale it was, doesn't it? :lol:

For someone who claims to be conservative, you sure do seem to be siding strongly with the anti-religion left here.

No kind of whale doesn't matter as the story is scientifically impossible and there's no facts to back it, just like creationism and a creator have no facts backing them.

I'm not like you, the hyper partisan who feels he has to agree with his "side" on every single issue.

I'm not religious, but i don't care if every building on private property in america is a church and if every citizen has a bible glued to his/her head. I just don't want gov't promoting religion, and i have no idea why you fundie types are so insecure about your beliefs that you feel gov't has to promote it.

Leading scientists and naturalists, including Professor Richard Dawkins and Sir David Attenborough, are claiming a victory over the creationist movement after the government ratified measures that will bar anti-evolution groups from teaching creationism in science classes.

:clap2: :cool:

Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists | Education | The Observer

Sign of the times,but it is only a temporary victory. God said when he returns all the captains and the kings of the earth and will be gather at the final battle where he will destroy all governments. I think that includes man's school system.
Does that include all the Republicans in government as well? So, ALL people in government are Evil.....there is no difference among party lines?

Nonsense, the kids will only learn about evolution and not all the religious airy-fairy mumbo-jumbo...I reckon that counts as a pretty emphatic victory :clap2:

Speaking of fairy-tales,when you actually believe humans are related to apes.

You believe non-life created life.

You believe non-intelligence created intelligence need I go on :lol:

No you needn't go on, the important point about all this is that the kids will not hear your nonsense and will only be taught science :razz:

I just posted fairytales that are not supported by observed empirical evidence. You are not on solid ground when teaching kids this garbage you call science. These views are only supported by a vivid imagination.

I asked for scientific proof of a creator or that creationism took place, do you still not have said evidence? Without that evidence, why should it be taught in a science class that requires evidence for everything else?

In my opinion, the image mocks evolution, all without realizing the joke is on the idiot who made it.

Evidence causes one to give an explanation since there is no evidence of life starting through abiogenesis,it is easy for some to reason that life was a product of design.

After all if a human had to wait on lungs,heart,brain,and many other organs humans would not exist.

:lol:

Thats so funny...you're a quare genius :cuckoo:

Back at ya fool.

He gives that impression all the time...floods, famine, war etc...what sort of sick, sadistic mofo is he, letting children die horrifically??? :evil:

He judges the hearts of men he knows the evil that exists thankful for you that he gave atonement for all or there would still be death through judgment still. So because of that atonement that is why some are still here breathing precious air that shouldn't be.

actually, it was bipartisan.

and then allllllllllll the racist southern dems became republican because of it. so you're stuck with the kkk'ers now. :cool:

and you're the one who implied good ideas shouldn't have to be legislated.

funny how that works. but nice effort at deflection.
So, you think suppression of alternative ideas is a good thing?

Telling.

really? so spaketh someone who thinks my right to dominion over my own body should be abridged because it doesn't suit his religious views.

so what were you saying??

and discrimination isn't an "alternative idea".

is slavery an "alternative idea". that had to be outlawed by the feds, too, or the southern states would still be using slaves.

Slavery is it worse than aborting babies ? By your comment I am sure you are pro-choice.

Leading scientists and naturalists, including Professor Richard Dawkins and Sir David Attenborough, are claiming a victory over the creationist movement after the government ratified measures that will bar anti-evolution groups from teaching creationism in science classes.

:clap2: :cool:

Richard Dawkins celebrates a victory over creationists | Education | The Observer

The same Richard Dawkins that says life formed on the backs of crystals? :rofl:

:lol:

I don't limit my God....

If evolution is how He chose to make all on earth, then so be it.

What I do know, as a Christian, is that creationism as presented, is not science. I don't expect it to be science either....it is a spiritual side of Creation, with 2 or 3 paragraphs in the entire Bible, a short story or short short story in brief of how we were Created....a few paragraphs can not possibly describe in full the measures taken in the process of creation other than a quick synopsis.

Were we made from the dust of the Earth? Yes....

did the process follow the short story in the Bible as far as sequence? for the most part....yes....first the fish, then birds, then land animals etc.....then us humans were created lastly.....science shows the same story, only in detail...in thousands of science books and millions of chapters later....and they are still working on it....

so, as a Christian, I am not caught up on any of this ridiculous garbage of wanting to teach Creationism in Science Class....it's NOT Science and never was meant to be Science......

More straight than your avatar.

I'd love to line up the person's fiscal conservative record I'll be voting for vs the one of who you'll be voting for, and then we can run through your comedy routine of how you're a conservative and i'm a liberal.:lol::lol::lol:

Blue.

Where does it say in the sciptures Jonah was in the belly of a whale ?

So now you speak for this alleged god. You better hope he/she doesn't exist, because if he/she is what the Bible says he/she is, I doubt he/she would take too kindly at you speaking for him/her.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

Where did I say I didn't believe in evolution? :confused:

Actually it should be termed Micro-adaptations that have limits.

Blue.

Where does it say in the sciptures Jonah was in the belly of a whale ?

The Greek word was sea monster. The most logical conclusion is they were talking about a whale.

If you want to make the story even crazier and say it was the Loch Ness Monster or the Swamp Thing, have at it.

Forum List

Back