Rice for Pres?

Okay, hear me out....just got home from a dinner party and im a bit drunk. I ended up on the couch with one of my right-ish friends talking nominees and finally I say "Ok! Who do you think could beat the Big O Boggy Man" He thought for a sec and said...Condi

I think he was drunk too but how about it rightys? I admit I know very little about her but at a glance so to speak it would seem that she could neutralize some of those pesky heart strings that you seem to think are so central to Obama's popularity.

Last edited:
She has made it very clear she is not interested.

Which is a major pity.

From what I understand, her stance on such things as abortion and economics would probably not be a huge help in the election. Her personality and politics are very close to such folks as Daniel Moynahan and Jean Kirkpatrick. Her being a republican is mostly a relic of her growing up in Birmingham AL and her intense dislike of the Democrats she grew up around, like Bull Conners and George Wallace.

I dont think she wants the job

Cynical NoE says anyone that has ever been on Meet the Press could be convinced with enough ego stroking

Which, in my humble opinion, would disqualify her from the office. Why would we want a President who can be manipulated by stroking their ego?

I'd rather have a President who says what he means and means what he says (or she). I'm tired of arrogant, dishonest, corrupt people representing me.

I respect Chris Christie because i know when he says he is not going to run, he isn't going to run. I don't respect the people who say they won't run and then jump in the race a short time later nearly as much.

I respect Ms. Rice as well, because I think she is an honorable woman and when she says she doesn't want to run, she isnt going to run.

I understand people change their minds. And if they do, that's fine. I just dislike games. I dislike corruption. I dislike people who are in it for their ego. Probably why I didnt like Obama or McCain last cycle. I want my leaders to be a servant, not a master.

Oddly enough, not wanting the job is probably the best qualification for the job.

I dont think she wants the job

Cynical NoE says anyone that has ever been on Meet the Press could be convinced with enough ego stroking

Which, in my humble opinion, would disqualify her from the office. Why would we want a President who can be manipulated by stroking their ego?

I'd rather have a President who says what he means and means what he says (or she). I'm tired of arrogant, dishonest, corrupt people representing me.

I respect Chris Christie because i know when he says he is not going to run, he isn't going to run. I don't respect the people who say they won't run and then jump in the race a short time later nearly as much.

I respect Ms. Rice as well, because I think she is an honorable woman and when she says she doesn't want to run, she isnt going to run.

I understand people change their minds. And if they do, that's fine. I just dislike games. I dislike corruption. I dislike people who are in it for their ego. Probably why I didnt like Obama or McCain last cycle. I want my leaders to be a servant, not a master.

Oddly enough, not wanting the job is probably the best qualification for the job.

Toooooo tippsy to get into a debate on the hubris of Executive ambition....sufficed to say all you have to do is go to a NBA game to know "we the people" love not the humble man....or woman

Toooooo tippsy to get into a debate on the hubris of Executive ambition....sufficed to say all you have to do is go to a NBA game to know "we the people" love not the humble man....or woman

Well this nation is going to change. And when that happens, you will see miracles at work.

She has made it very clear she is not interested.

Which is a major pity.

From what I understand, her stance on such things as abortion and economics would probably not be a huge help in the election. Her personality and politics are very close to such folks as Daniel Moynahan and Jean Kirkpatrick. Her being a republican is mostly a relic of her growing up in Birmingham AL and her intense dislike of the Democrats she grew up around, like Bull Conners and George Wallace.

I think Condi would make a fine addition to any administration as long as she is working within her expertise. But I agree she doesn't want the top job. She's wise enough to recognize that she would immediately be demonized as not being "conservative" enough and of course there's her history with helping to promote the invasion of Iraq that would follow her every day.

Whatever. She should be in jail for war crimes and fraud like the rest of the Bush adiministration (and Wall St. and the banks' executives and mortgage lenders, that caused the economic collapse). She is nothing more than a neocon puppet.

Well this nation is going to change. And when that happens, you will see miracles at work.

Sorry, but even someone like Chris Christie doesn't have a pocketful of miracles when it comes to fulfilling the job of POTUS. They think they can make serious changes just by sounding tough on the existing system, but get a slap in the face wakeup after only a few months. In order for the "changes" I think YOU want to happen, there are hundreds of hurdles that first must be jumped, and it's a long way to the finish line.

Sorry, but even someone like Chris Christie doesn't have a pocketful of miracles when it comes to fulfilling the job of POTUS. They think they can make serious changes just by sounding tough on the existing system, but get a slap in the face wakeup after only a few months. In order for the "changes" I think YOU want to happen, there are hundreds of hurdles that first must be jumped, and it's a long way to the finish line.

Somehow I don't think he meant the President would be delivering these miracles.

I don't know much about her stance on things like economic policy, heath care reform, immigration, etc. But I'd be open to listening on the campaign trail and if I like what I hear she could get my vote, even in 2012. She seems like a very smart and affable person with good communication skills.

However like elvis said she's still associated with the Bush era especially with some of that administration's controversial policies. That could be a major roadblock for her, but maybe perceptions will ease as time passes. And she doesn't really come across as a mouth-breathing ideologue which could mean she gets labeled a Rino during the primaries, basically winding up on the same political real estate as Powell.

The one thing though, is that if Obama could get re-elected even though his administration parallels Bush's on things like a unitary executive and national security, then maybe her association with those policies wouldn't be such a negative when taken as a whole with her stance on other issues. :eusa_think:

I think he was drunk too but how about it rightys? I admit I know very little about her but at a glance so to speak it would seem that she could neutralize some of those pesky heart strings that you seem to think are so central to Obama's popularity.

Not a chance. She is smeared by Bush. She is tainted by the Bush administration.

Okay, hear me out....just got home from a dinner party and im a bit drunk. I ended up on the couch with one of my right-ish friends talking nominees and finally I say "Ok! Who do you think could beat the Big O Boggy Man" He thought for a sec and said...Condi

Hmmmm. You've got my attention.

Forum List

Back