My Final Offer!!!!

If you guys that stole my GOP can get Colin Powell to run for prez and I will vote for him. I am willing to overlook that United Nations "incident". That's my final offer.

That is all.

And they would lose my vote. With all due respect to Gen. Powell, I don't want him as President.

OK!! FINE!!! I'll make a case for him.

He KNOWS what it is like on the inside of the White House. I like to think of that as EXPERIENCE. He KNOWS how to run the military. He is NOW very aware of the absolute need for GOOD information. He is honest. He cannot be bought. He backed Obama over McCain because it was the intelligent choice. I respect him for that. That proves he is not a party hack. Powell took his lumps in the way he was used by Bush and didn't whine about it. That took mondo class.

Need more?

General Powell is not a politician and does not seem interested.

I would rather see General Schwartzkopf run, but that's not going to happen either.

Newt Gingrich is an alley-cat, IMO.

I disagree with your assessment on Powell's decision to back Obama. I think it had everything to do with race and nothing with the him being better than McCain.

McCain and Obama both sucked big time.

I disagree with your assessment on Powell's decision to back Obama. I think it had everything to do with race and nothing with the him being better than McCain.

McCain and Obama both sucked big time.

So everything is race for you huh...?

Interesting.

I have no opinion as to the general's decision on Obama vs. McCain being based on race. But, I don't think he was "used" by Bush. He went with the same intelligence that everyone else had when he made the UN speech. He is one in a large group of people against the war, after they were for it of course. Further, I don't believe he is as great a leader as he is given credit for. He is certainly not in the same class as Petreaus. Even though I think that Mike Mullen has turned into a YES man, he is a better Chairman than Powell ever was.

I wish Petreaus would run. He has leadership ability, foreign affairs experience, and is probably one of the smartest people in government at the present time. I believe President Obama gave him the CIA job to keep him quite until after the election. He'll fire him after he gets re-elected. If he gets re-elected.

If you guys that stole my GOP can get Colin Powell to run for prez and I will vote for him. I am willing to overlook that United Nations "incident". That's my final offer.

That is all.

I'm good with that

The left ignores the UN speech, the right ignores the Obama endorsement

And we get a good guy

While I like Powell immensely I doubt he would ever run for POTUS.

He's way to smart to get involved in that mess.

I think the best person to run for President is my barber, Sam. He is the smartest guy I know. Gives a great haircut too.

I'm struggling with the thought of running any of the usual suspects. I landed on Powell because I was thinking of republicans that actually had a serious chance of defeating Obama. I am SOOOooo... tired of the GOP elevating clowns and ideologues and expecting the public to vote for them. Just the thought of Americans taking someone like Trump or Palin seriously is extremely insulting. I believe Powell could and WOULD beat Obama. That has to be the first test...Who REALLY could and would win. If Powell won the nomination I can guarantee he wouldn't have to put some idiot like Palin on the ticket. I could even go for a Powell/McCain Ticket with McCain dropping out in the second term and a younger man/woman standing in for Powell's second term.

That is all.

If he'd run in '96, it would have been my first vote for a Rep for Prez. :eek:

I would vote for Powell in a heartbeat. In fact, he's on my 'wish list' for President. My ideal ticket would be Powell/Rice.

I adore Powell, and Condi is one of the smartest females in America.

OK!! FINE!!! I'll make a case for him.

He KNOWS what it is like on the inside of the White House. I like to think of that as EXPERIENCE. He KNOWS how to run the military. He is NOW very aware of the absolute need for GOOD information. He is honest. He cannot be bought. He backed Obama over McCain because it was the intelligent choice. I respect him for that. That proves he is not a party hack. Powell took his lumps in the way he was used by Bush and didn't whine about it. That took mondo class.

Need more?

Back when we thought he was really a Republican still, he was begged to run for Prez but he didn't because (supposedly) his wife didn't want him to.

This was long before Obama.

Forum List

Back