Review: Dodge Demon is a slice of muscle-car heaven

What a lamentable exercise in excess. That infantile minds still obsess over this kind of vehicle indicates the problems the world has making progress in a new direction.

"Obsess" ? Nah, just the excitement and thrill of stepping on the gas and being shoved in the back of your seat.

"Infantile minds", lol !
Like flying a plane without wings..
...or brains.

Some people like the thrill of a powerful car.
Some people like to ride the bus. You apparently fit the latter.

What a lamentable exercise in excess. That infantile minds still obsess over this kind of vehicle indicates the problems the world has making progress in a new direction.

"Obsess" ? Nah, just the excitement and thrill of stepping on the gas and being shoved in the back of your seat.

"Infantile minds", lol !
...or brains.

OK, let's have a race.

Take this new speed demon. I will take my 2013 Sienna.

Let's race from Boston to San Diego.

Or from Seattle to Miami.

Ya can't outrun the radio... or the helicopter.

You can if the helicopter isnt there and the guy in the car doesnt know where you went.

Also, if you have a stolen car, duck into a large mall parking garage and change your shirt/jacket color and put on/change your cap if you can. Wipe down the car and just walk into the mall like your minding your own business.

But 'buzzing' was a thing when I was growing up. People would spot a cop writing a ticket, and then turn around and swish by him way over the speed limit, then get off at the next exit and disappear.

"Infantile minds", lol !
...or brains.

"Infantile minds", lol !
...or brains.

OK, let's have a race.

Take this new speed demon. I will take my 2013 Sienna.

Let's race from Boston to San Diego.

Or fromtle to Miami.

Lame response because you know that I can do he distance in 48 hours with minimal rest, while you would need 10 minutes to take a piss every hour.

Brutal speed is for the childish.

You can if the helicopter isnt there and the guy in the car doesnt know where you went.

Also, if you have a stolen car, duck into a large mall parking garage and change your shirt/jacket color and put on/change your cap if you can. Wipe down the car and just walk into the mall like your minding your own business.

But 'buzzing' was a thing when I was growing up. People would spot a cop writing a ticket, and then turn around and swish by him way over the speed limit, then get off at the next exit and disappear.
Ya, and the security cameras in the mall parking lot caught you doing the whole thing on video, not to mention the thousands of people around you all with video cameras in their phones. Somebody somewhere somehow is going to either get a picture of you or a video.

It's hard to outrun a cop. There's that thing of your license plate on the back and front too, and I'd say it's going to be kinda hard to hide a Demon. Not exactly a lot of them around and everybody is going to notice it, and cops don't just give up or forget. They'll be keeping an eye out for you next time.

YOU might think it's worth taking your chances running from the cops, but I'll pull over and take my ticket and drive home instead of going to jail and having the car impounded.

You'd be surprised just how often they do.

We use to run from the cops on dirt bikes when I was a kid.
We didnt look for a chase but if we got tagged we'd head for the thousands of acres of woods that is owned by the Corp of Engineers.
I'll never forget the day a cop named Caddel tried to follow us down a muddy road alongside the Bayou and he ended up ass end in the Bayou with water up to the drivers doors.

840 HP of pure adrenaline.

Demon? I think not. Dodge’s 840-horsepower modern muscle car is a slice of heaven, delivered unto our drag strips because a higher power — the executives on the 15th floor of Fiat Chrysler’s headquarters tower — want us to be happy. And fast. Really, really fast. I just spent a steamy afternoon in auto racing’s Promised Land: Indianapolis. I have seen the second coming of the pavement ripping, tire-shredding, straight-lining American muscle car and I believe. The Dodge Demon’s technology lets novices master the finer points of drag racing -- a much more nuanced form of motor sport than non-believers accept – and leads them to a paradise of sub 10-second quarter miles, 2.3-second zero-to-60 mile ...

Review: Dodge Demon is a slice of muscle-car heaven

Where is the chrome?

It doesn't come standard with a front or rear passenger seat, so chrome is way down the list of necessities.

It will sell for less than six figures, and it includes a day at the Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving.

Tell us what you are doing to save us all please?
1966dodgecoronet500.jpg

That's some crazy power. I have no idea where you could use it though.

Backroads and the dragstrip.
Think of the cost in tires alone every year!!!
Lots of slowpokes, including bicycle riders on the back roads. I think it will mostly be a ego trophy garage queen.

There are plenty of desolate backroads here in Texas.
And as flat as it is in South Texas it's like having thousands of miles of dragstrip.:biggrin:

It would be cool if this country had an autobahn with no speed limits where cars of this sort could be driven to their potential, but we don't have that. Kind of silly to have an 800HP monster in a state where the maximum speed limit is 65 - 75 MPH. Insurance companies, cops, and funeral homes are going to love this car.

Wow, everyone thinks you are a complete fucking douche. I guess its people like YOU who are the problems in this world. You should spend less time worrying about cars and spend more time on your own self improvement.

Forum List

Back