Review: Dodge Demon is a slice of muscle-car heaven

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
840 HP of pure adrenaline.

Demon? I think not. Dodge’s 840-horsepower modern muscle car is a slice of heaven, delivered unto our drag strips because a higher power — the executives on the 15th floor of Fiat Chrysler’s headquarters tower — want us to be happy. And fast. Really, really fast. I just spent a steamy afternoon in auto racing’s Promised Land: Indianapolis. I have seen the second coming of the pavement ripping, tire-shredding, straight-lining American muscle car and I believe. The Dodge Demon’s technology lets novices master the finer points of drag racing -- a much more nuanced form of motor sport than non-believers accept – and leads them to a paradise of sub 10-second quarter miles, 2.3-second zero-to-60 mile ...

What a lamentable exercise in excess. That infantile minds still obsess over this kind of vehicle indicates the problems the world has making progress in a new direction.

What a lamentable exercise in excess. That infantile minds still obsess over this kind of vehicle indicates the problems the world has making progress in a new direction.

"Obsess" ? Nah, just the excitement and thrill of stepping on the gas and being shoved in the back of your seat.

"Infantile minds", lol !

"Obsess" ? Nah, just the excitement and thrill of stepping on the gas and being shoved in the back of your seat.

"Infantile minds", lol !
Like flying a plane without wings..

"Infantile minds", lol !
...or brains.

Some people like the thrill of a powerful car.
Some people like to ride the bus. You apparently fit the latter.

"Infantile minds", lol !
...or brains.
I would buy one just to infuriate people like you.

Obviously infantile minds still obsess over others passions............ :eusa_whistle:

You hate freedom a lot don't you? I don't see any need for cars like this, but if someone wants one it's not my concern, or yours. Grow up.

"Infantile minds", lol !
...or brains.
I would buy one just to infuriate people like you.
Who could forget this whack job? Is that you there4eyeM?

geezerhummervandal.jpg

Geezer HUMMER Vandal Caught on Camera, Loose in DFW | Hummer Guy

Demon? I think not. Dodge’s 840-horsepower modern muscle car is a slice of heaven, delivered unto our drag strips because a higher power — the executives on the 15th floor of Fiat Chrysler’s headquarters tower — want us to be happy. And fast. Really, really fast. I just spent a steamy afternoon in auto racing’s Promised Land: Indianapolis. I have seen the second coming of the pavement ripping, tire-shredding, straight-lining American muscle car and I believe. The Dodge Demon’s technology lets novices master the finer points of drag racing -- a much more nuanced form of motor sport than non-believers accept – and leads them to a paradise of sub 10-second quarter miles, 2.3-second zero-to-60 mile ...

Where is the chrome?

Given that many departments around the country now have 'non-pursuit' policies, it's more than likely they won't.
Even the ones that do allow pursuit, which is most of them, get 'buzzed' every now and then by show offs.

Even the ones that do allow pursuit, which is most of them, get 'buzzed' every now and then by show offs.

Happened to me two days ago. Five brats in unlicensed dirt bikes raced past my car. At first, they were shocked (I could see their faces) because they didn't notice the patrol car until they were beside me but were gleeful when they noticed I was stuck in behind traffic and could not pursue. They all raced down the nearest side street and I never even went after them. A pursuit of dirt bikes would have been pointless in afternoon traffic.

I'd still rather have a new Corvette ZR1, but that's just me, I'm a Chevy guy. Nothing against the Demon. 840HP is cool.

Forum List

Back