Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Obama’s approval rating sits at a comfortable 53%-42%, above the national average, and a nine-point improvement in the poll from November. (In November -- after the Democrats' shellacking in the midterms -- the president’s approval in the poll was split at 44%-43%.)

By contrast, Walker’s approval rating is upside down – with 43% approving and 53% disapproving of how he’s handling his job. Walker’s “strongly disapprove” is a sky-high 45%; Obama’s is 26%. Walker’s favorability rating – also 43%-53% -- mirrors his approval. His negative rating is up 18 points from November, when his rating was 45%/35%. His “strongly unfavorable” is up to 41% from a “very unfavorable” rating of just 19% in November.

First Read - Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

While I despise these unions and support Walker for trying to loosen their stranglehold on his states, it will be interesting to see if he maintains his staunch position if the polls continue to trend against him. Any betters out there?

I say Walker keeps digging his hole hoping he comes out the other side

Obama’s approval rating sits at a comfortable 53%-42%, above the national average, and a nine-point improvement in the poll from November. (In November -- after the Democrats' shellacking in the midterms -- the president’s approval in the poll was split at 44%-43%.)

By contrast, Walker’s approval rating is upside down – with 43% approving and 53% disapproving of how he’s handling his job. Walker’s “strongly disapprove” is a sky-high 45%; Obama’s is 26%. Walker’s favorability rating – also 43%-53% -- mirrors his approval. His negative rating is up 18 points from November, when his rating was 45%/35%. His “strongly unfavorable” is up to 41% from a “very unfavorable” rating of just 19% in November.

While I despise these unions and support Walker for trying to loosen their stranglehold on his states, it will be interesting to see if he maintains his staunch position if the polls continue to trend against him. Any betters out there?

Do you "Despise" the fact that over One Hundred Twenty Million Dollars ($120,000,000.00) in Wisconsin Tax Payer Money given by Wanker to his Big Business Buddies?

The fleeing cowardly pussy Democrat "Senators" in Wisconsin will be coming home soon.

When they do, the thing gets voted on and their side "loses."

The WORLD, surprisingly, will continue to roll right along.

Walker will thereby be vindicated and the ones merrily proclaiming his impending doom (and his gloom) will once again be proved wrong.

And still the world will continue to roll along.

There are really big significant true problems out there folks. Walker's stab at a fraction of a solution may or may not work, but continuing along the current path will certainly not work.

What's called for - needed - required - etc. - are a whole bunch of really big significant true proposed solutions. They will indeed require some cooperation and some compromises. Oh nosies. Maybe we are doomed.

I've never been a big one for polls as they depend on what questions were asked, who was asked and how they were asked.

As for Walker. As I've said before if he gets what he's shooting for and costs for taxpayers come down then I don't think any of the taxpayers/voters will even remember the Union collective bargaining rights or give a shit about them.

If things don't work out for his State then I'm sure he will be kicked to the curb in 3 years. They will elect another Dem and the status quo will be in full swing for the taxpayers/voters and Unions in WI once again.

Do you "Despise" the fact that over One Hundred Twenty Million Dollars ($120,000,000.00) in Wisconsin Tax Payer Money given by Wanker to his Big Business Buddies?

What I "despise" is a poster like you who make statements in bold letters without providing a link to back up their ascertions.

I don't think he cares what the polls say.

Still waiting for that link....

I found this article:

Ezra Klein - Unions aren't to blame for Wisconsin's budget

More than half of the lower estimate ($117.2 million) is due to the impact of Special Session Senate Bill 2 (health savings accounts), Assembly Bill 3 (tax deductions/credits for relocated businesses), and Assembly Bill 7 (tax exclusion for new employees).

In English: The governor called a special session of the legislature and signed two business tax breaks and a conservative health-care policy experiment that lowers overall tax revenues (among other things). The new legislation was not offset, and it helped turn a surplus into a deficit [see update at end of post]. As Brian Beutler writes, "public workers are being asked to pick up the tab for this agenda."

I found this article:

More than half of the lower estimate ($117.2 million) is due to the impact of Special Session Senate Bill 2 (health savings accounts), Assembly Bill 3 (tax deductions/credits for relocated businesses), and Assembly Bill 7 (tax exclusion for new employees).

In English: The governor called a special session of the legislature and signed two business tax breaks and a conservative health-care policy experiment that lowers overall tax revenues (among other things). The new legislation was not offset, and it helped turn a surplus into a deficit [see update at end of post]. As Brian Beutler writes, "public workers are being asked to pick up the tab for this agenda."

Thanks, Noose. So, as I read this, Walker allowed tax incentives (breaks) for businesses to locate in his state. He didn't GIVE them a damn thing as traveler52 made us to think. Would this be a fair assessment?

I found this article:

Thanks, Noose. So, as I read this, Walker allowed tax incentives (breaks) for businesses to locate in his state. He didn't GIVE them a damn thing as traveler52 made us to think. Would this be a fair assessment?

I didnt write the article, my opinion is that the civil service working population shouldnt have to pay for these tax breaks and incentives.

I didnt write the article, my opinion is that the civil service working population shouldnt have to pay for these tax breaks and incentives.

And since ALL of the taxpayers in WI are being forced to make up the shortfall in collected taxes, I do not see how the "civil service working population" is solely being targeted.

wow starts off with michael moore.........I should have stopped reading but hey heres another gem-

real clear has obama at-

Gallup 3/4 - 3/6 1500 A 47 -45 +2
Rasmussen Reports 3/4 - 3/6 1500 LV 48- 52 -4
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 2/24 - 2/28 1000 A 48 -46 +2

wow, do they play fast and loose with the English language.....their explanation takes pains to skirt the strongly approve disapprove in one context, to make the point they want to make. :lol:

here-
Q8- Overall do you strongly, somewhat etc. approve of the way Obama is handling his job;

Strongly Approve- 21
Somewhat-32
Somewhat disapprove-16
Strongly disapprove-26
Refused don’t know- 5

notice anything?

....:rolleyes:.

oh and If I read right, the dem. 14 exiles are coming back.

Why do you despise them? Do you live in WI? How does the public policy of WI affect you?

Let me get this straight, you think a couple of polls reverses an election? You lefties are really living in a fantasy world.

good grief, the guy has been in office for 3 months.

You just gotta laugh at all these polls.

And since ALL of the taxpayers in WI are being forced to make up the shortfall in collected taxes, I do not see how the "civil service working population" is solely being targeted.

They are the ones who are having compensation(not in the form of taxation though they are also tax payers) they receive for their labor removed and having their rights restricted.(If Walker succeeds)

Forum List

Back