Retired NYPD Detective says "Dont talk to the Police"

But what they recognize is the mistrust of the police. That is undeniable and for good reason in minority communities

I think this guy knows a thing or 2 about a thing or 2.

Sounds like really good advice for white people. Sounds like a prescription for a good beating for a black kid and a "resisting arrest" charge. Maybe I'm too cynical, you're right, he should know a thing or two about that kind of confrontation so I wouldn't presume to advise different. Too bad Blacks are "presumed guilty" so often and find themselves in (what I consider) a no-win situation like that simply because of skin color.

I tell people all the time not to talk to the cops, even if you are innocent. Especially if you are innocent. When the cops get it in their head you are guilty, there is absolutely nothing you can say that will convince them otherwise. Everything you say WILL be used against you. They will twist your words, and set verbal traps to make you contradict yourself.

This is why we have the 4th and 5th amendments.

Do NOT talk to the police.

Sounds like really good advice for white people. Sounds like a prescription for a good beating for a black kid and a "resisting arrest" charge. Maybe I'm too cynical, you're right, he should know a thing or two about that kind of confrontation so I wouldn't presume to advise different. Too bad Blacks are "presumed guilty" so often and find themselves in (what I consider) a no-win situation like that simply because of skin color.

So do you really think the police presume innocent with anyone? When anyone is arrested, no matter the color of skin they are presumed guilty by the police. Why else would they arrest someone? That is the most stupid thing ever written. When one is pulled over for speeding, one gets a ticket, hence found guilty of speeding. Go to court and try and beat it. You're a fool if you think the cops think anyone is innocent.

So do you really think the police presume innocent with anyone? When anyone is arrested, no matter the color of skin they are presumed guilty by the police. Why else would they arrest someone? That is the most stupid thing ever written. When one is pulled over for speeding, one gets a ticket, hence found guilty of speeding. Go to court and try and beat it. You're a fool if you think the cops think anyone is innocent.

Learn to read idiot so you can actually address an opinion and not your own imagination's fanciful rendering of that opinion.

Last edited:

Learn to read idiot so you can actually address an opinion and not your own imagination's fanciful rendering of that opinion.

Well the whole thread is opinion's,just like they one you just blurted out? Reading is fundamental?

Well the whole thread is opinion's,just like they one you just blurted out? Reading is fundamental?

You can join him in the remedial reading class. Fuck what a pair sub-moronic losers. Don't bother trying to irritate me with any further illiterate nonsense, I haven't got time for ass-hats like you two.

So despite the right to be innocent until proven guilty you're saying everyone is presumed guilty until proven innocent?
Thats your argument?

So despite the right to be innocent until proven guilty you're saying everyone is presumed guilty until proven innocent?
Thats your argument?

By the police yes!

I read just fine. I also don't find the need to become a ballistic idiot because someone posts something. dude, hopefully you had a drink to calm you down after you posted. You sir need some help! LOL...:banana:

Thats your argument?

By the police yes!

So they police have the right to violate your rights without question.

Uhhh no, stop being a dumbass

It's okay to talk to the police, as long as you are talking to them about the following two issues and nothing else:

"I don't answer questions."

"Am I being detained or am I free to go?"​

Last edited:

Thats your argument?

By the police yes!

They have the right to detain you yes? They do not need proof of anything to do that, so yes they do presume guilt to bring you in.

Thats your argument?

By the police yes!

They have the right to detain you yes? They do not need proof of anything to do that, so yes they do presume guilt to bring you in.

Uh actually if you read some shit you'd know that the police have the burden of proof.

GTFOH...I dont have time for idiots

Forum List

Back