Resurrect The Draft

I'm for the draft.

Americans need skin in the game to understand the seriousness of war.

Only a fraction of the American population feels it and understands it.

i've been advocating for a Draft for years . I think that the military needs the mix and i don't want more foreigners working in the military that are their for citizenship and favors from USA Government .

i've been advocating for a Draft for years . I think that the military needs the mix and i don't want more foreigners working in the military that are their for citizenship and favors from USA Government .
They may be your best bet. They want it that bad, let them work for. Perhaps by giving them longer mandatory terms.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Democrats are scum.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

"Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, by the Captain or Commanding Officer of the company, within whose bounds such citizen shall reside, and that within twelve months after the passing of this Act."

"Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective States, resident therein, who is or shall be of age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia, by the Captain or Commanding Officer of the company, within whose bounds such citizen shall reside, and that within twelve months after the passing of this Act."

An amendment to the Constitution is a significantly more reliable precedence than a law that was essentially repealed more than a hundred years ago. It's beside the point, anyway.

I'm fine with a draft. I'm too old, and even if I wasn't, I would likely qualify for CO status.

An amendment to the Constitution is a significantly more reliable precedence than a law that was essentially repealed more than a hundred years ago.

Eh? Repealed when, and by what means?

An amendment to the Constitution is a significantly more reliable precedence than a law that was essentially repealed more than a hundred years ago.

Eh? Repealed when, and by what means?

The Militia Act of 1792 expired after 2 years. It was followed by the Militia Act of 1795, which lasted until the mid 1800s, when it was replaced by the Militia Act of 1862 (this one included black people). That lasted until 1903, when the Militia Act of 1903 replaced "militias" with the National Guard, and removed the automatic conscription clause.

The Jackass Party of Slavery (D) needs to be tossed into the dustbin of history. The Democratic party is just plain evil.

The National Guard is not nor has it ever been a replacement for the militia. It's a reserve component of the US Armed Forces, part of the standing army, often federalized and sent on foreign adventures.

The Army would be most likely the only Branch drafting. The rest would want only those who want them.

They may be your best bet. They want it that bad, let them work for. Perhaps by giving them longer mandatory terms.
----------------------------------------------- at age 68 i don't really care . But hey , it may go that way but i don't like foreigners in USA Military any more than i like the All Volunteer Military . Course my view is that foreigners in USA military have no connection to American people and are the same as mercenaries working for Government favors and money as they COULD be told by their Gov boss WHO to shoot next Marc .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back