Army says the South is full of Fat-Asses

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Physically fit recruits for Army are hard to find. Especially in these states

Army recruits from Southern states are generally in poorer physical condition than those from other parts of the country, concluded researchers at The Citadel, a military college in Charleston, S.C.

The regional distinction also suggests that government policy can influence fitness, and the South may be falling behind the rest of the country. “Some of the greatest public health achievements have come as the result of state-level policy change,” the study found.

Eleven states — Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia — had among the highest rates of recruits who become injured during basic training.

The results reflect trends in the nation where Southern states generally have higher obesity rates. Adult obesity is 35% or higher in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and West Virginia, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Time to lay off those cheeseburgers

it's also genetic
Genetics plays a role in obesity
my whole family is fairly thin and my father's family was like that
we eat whatever and when we were young we ate whatever
we didn't eat out much at all though--maybe McDs once a year
Despite receiving a MacArthur genius award for her work in Alabama "forging an inspiring model of compassionate and effective medical care in one of the most underserved regions of the United States," Regina Benjamin's qualifications to be surgeon general have been questioned. Why? She is overweigh
Genetic studies have shown that the particular set of weight-regulating genes that a person has is by far the most important factor in determining how much that person will weigh
Obesity is Genetic

...we had ''fat-bodies'' in the USMC
they had to wear a tag at chow and would get a certain amount/certain foods
they lost weight big time--in 3 months
....we also had skinny's with tags...they had to eat extra
...I'm sure the fat-bodies had to do extra PT
..this was 1982, so forgive my memory
..of course we'd be moving everywhere fast--a lot of double time--up and down the ''ladderwell' [ stairs ] double time
then PT almost everyday
....if you were last in the chow line, you didn't get much time to eat---you were done when the DI was done

it's been some time, but if you couldn't make it physically, they put you in a special physical fitness platoon
damn--I can't think of the name of it now
maybe the ''fat-body platoon''.....that wasn't the ''correct'' term though--of course

Last edited:
..of course we'd be moving everywhere fast--a lot of double time--up and down the ''ladderwell' [ stairs ] double time
then PT almost everyday
....if you were last in the chow line, you didn't get much time to eat---you were done when the DI was done

it's been some time, but if you couldn't make it physically, they put you in a special physical fitness platoon
maybe the ''fat-body platoon''.....that wasn't the ''correct'' term though--of course
duck squad..

Southern boys are a bunch of fat asses

The south has long provided a major part of our armed forces. Unlike their fathers and grandfathers, today's southerner is an overweight redneck married to his pick up

then PT almost everyday

duck squad..
we didn't call them that in the 80s
we called the Navy guys that--ducks....

The south has long provided a major part of our armed forces. Unlike their fathers and grandfathers, today's southerner is an overweight redneck married to his pick up

Better married to his pickup than married to another guy!

The Army will take that

Fat. Asses are a different story

Army recruits from Southern states are generally in poorer physical condition than those from other parts of the country, concluded researchers at The Citadel, a military college in Charleston, S.C.

The regional distinction also suggests that government policy can influence fitness, and the South may be falling behind the rest of the country. “Some of the greatest public health achievements have come as the result of state-level policy change,” the study found.

Eleven states — Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia — had among the highest rates of recruits who become injured during basic training.

The results reflect trends in the nation where Southern states generally have higher obesity rates. Adult obesity is 35% or higher in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and West Virginia, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Do you have that breakdiwn by race and gender? That would be interesting to see,

Better married to his pickup than married to another guy!

The Army will take that

Fat. Asses are a different story

Are you a high school graduate? You can't even structure and punctuate a six word sentence properly.

A Walmart army.

Today's Army invites transgender, transsexual and every other trans category as recruits but complains about overweight heterosexual men from the South. Something ain't right here.

Forum List

Back