Restaurants You Thought Was Great As A Kid, But As An Adult Not So Much

Taco Smell - I did here that they raised the about of actual beef from 36% to over 80 following a lawsuit.
Still ICK - Loved it as a kid ... avoid it now!

Taco Smell - I did here that they raised the about of actual beef from 36% to over 80 following a lawsuit.

Thanks for reminding me, I go back on my diet Jan 4th and I need to cross Taco Hell off my list before then.

That and White Castle.

0826-hojos.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
HoJo's! Yes! I was having a hard time thinking of one, but their encores were pretty pathetic. Hard to mess up the ice cream though.

All of the above. Plus Mc Donalds. Dairy Queen, KFC

There was McDonald's near the City College of San Francisco I used to visit a lot and it was great in the 80s. It prolly has gone downhill due to cutting costs, but even their regular burgers seemed to taste good, i.e. I had no idea of what was really good yet.

Here's another in San Francisco. I think they brought the car service back b/c of corona.

mels_drive_in.jpg

kids-menu-plate.jpg

1599743681_149517c847.jpg

It was fun and car service was cool.

Sounds like the typical liberal crap that libs read and believe. It's an opinion piece and not so much journalism. What does Taco Bell say? Certainly, there are some valid arguments in regards to the food laws.

The main reason to dislike the chains now isnt age,it's the crap they pass off as hamburger meat these days.
Even as early as the 80's fast food joints made good hamburgers when you ordered them,now the meat is questionable and it sits under a heat lamp.
And dont get me started on sysco crap.
Plane and simple? It's the degradation of the quality of the ingredients.

Arby's used to be awesome when the beef cooked fresh on roasters in the back and they sliced your sandwich fresh.
Now I don't know what the hell that fake meat is.
They suck.

lobster-2.gif

Red Lobster

Pizza Hut. I thought it was so good when I was in the Book IT program.

Funny, I think Pizza Hut is WAY better now than they were 20 years ago. Spinach and Chicken with Alfredo on the hand tossed crust is yummy.

I am of the thought that casual/fast food has it's place just like cheap massed produced beer has it's place.

If I am in the mood for high end food do I go to McDonalds? hell no, but I do get a hankering for it from time to time.

Same with beer, I love a good porter, but if I'm out in the woods camping I am downing cans of Busch.

Sounds like the typical liberal crap that libs read and believe. It's an opinion piece and not so much journalism. What does Taco Bell say? Certainly, there are some valid arguments in regards to the food laws.

If you pay less than a buck for a small taco, you should expect the filling to be "meat-ish"

A & W, great burgers, great root beer, but as time went on, they changed their recipies as well as changed the way they made their root beer.
I agree with you. When I was a kid my Dad would put the family in the car during the hot summer months and take us to A & W for a large frosted mug of their root beer.
Found one still open a few years ago. The root beer tasted like a poor imitation of the original. ... :cool:

Forum List

Back