Restaurants You Thought Was Great As A Kid, But As An Adult Not So Much

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
lobster-2.gif

Red Lobster

Yanno, there was a place where I was more than happy to go as a kid, but as an adult, not so much. Why? Because they changed the contents of their place as they grew larger.

A & W, great burgers, great rootbeer, but as time went on, they changed their recepies as well as changed the way they made their root beer.

Godfathers is another good example. When I first knew of them, they had great pizza, and that was one of the places I went to when I came home on leave. I really liked their Taco Pizza, but when they went commercial, they left their pride at the door and made crap. Sorry, but now their pizza sucks ass.

If I can find one that has been there for a while, I prefer to visit mom and pop places. Why? Because if they were good enough and smart enough to avoid a corporate takeover, they have good food, and won't sell their soul (or their recipies) to a corporate overlord. Sorry, but the more corporate a place becomes is how much they have lost their soul.

Kings Family Restaurants. They had the best hot turkey sandwich growing up, but they sold the business and everything went to Hell.

Forum List

Back