Restaurant Owner Saved His Business... By Keeping Black Diners Away

Some years ago there was a Japanese restaurant in New York that did very much the same thing. They only catered to Japanese. Soon as the City found out..they got heavy fines..and were forced to issue apologies.

And that's why we pay our taxes. These are the things the government is supposed to do. I hope this guy gets caught and fined large.

you'd rather guys like this keep their racism hidden and prosper?

I'd rather keep it illegal. You've the right to be personally racist. You don't have a right to deny goods, services, property and employment to anyone on the basis of ethnicity or race.

Last edited:
but if he were allowed and required to POST a clear sign of these things, people would know and many would refuse to do business there

whites included

This is what the right means by take our country back? Back to the days of outright discrimination.....no thanks. We need to take our country forward. Not back.
you'd rather guys like this keep their racism hidden and prosper?

As we know, sooner later, all crooks get caught. He won't prosper after being heavily fined.

Read it again. He told black people there was a long want and added 15% tip to their checks. He didn't do these things to the white people. He didn't do these things to only the assholes. He did these things to all the black people, only.

I read the articular. I know what he said but in my opinion hes tagging on that 15% to everyone. He is also enforcing the dress code with everyone because he doesn't want to be called on for discrimination. If he allowed white people to be rude to his staff, i am sure the staff would have a revolt.

The long wait thing is wrong, however i am also sure he is not turning away paying costumers.

So in your opinion, he's not doing the things he said he's doing? What makes you think he's not telling the truth about what he's doing?

I put up a tiny sign by the register that said "15% gratuity added to all checks" but we only added this to groups of black diners, since almost universally everyone else understands that tipping is customary.

He said he only does it to black people. Why do you think he does it to everyone? Do you know something we don't know?

As business started to pick up, we would tell groups of blacks that there was a long wait for a table.

Are you saying the black people aren't paying customers? He says he turns them away because they are black. You say it's because they aren't paying? How do you know the black people aren't paying customers? Nothing in the article said anything at all about non-paying customers.

I think you just make stuff up, without even reading it.

In my opinion he is doing everything he says he is going...and doing it to everyone. He raised his prices. He did not print special prices on special menus for blacks.

I say they are charging everyone 15% gratuity as it is a posted sign. I have worked with wait staff long enough to know they wont short themselves a tip when they can automatically slap on a 15% tip for treating people like shit. White or black. Trust me the wait staff is going to get that 15% regardless if the customer is white or black.

What part of me saying that if "black" customers came in, didn't abuse the waitstaff, adhered to the dress code, had no problems with the new prices that he would have no problem serving them?

I read the articular. I know what he said but in my opinion hes tagging on that 15% to everyone. He is also enforcing the dress code with everyone because he doesn't want to be called on for discrimination. If he allowed white people to be rude to his staff, i am sure the staff would have a revolt.

The long wait thing is wrong, however i am also sure he is not turning away paying costumers.

So in your opinion, he's not doing the things he said he's doing? What makes you think he's not telling the truth about what he's doing?

He said he only does it to black people. Why do you think he does it to everyone? Do you know something we don't know?

As business started to pick up, we would tell groups of blacks that there was a long wait for a table.

Are you saying the black people aren't paying customers? He says he turns them away because they are black. You say it's because they aren't paying? How do you know the black people aren't paying customers? Nothing in the article said anything at all about non-paying customers.

In my opinion he is doing everything he says he is going...and doing it to everyone. He raised his prices. He did not print special prices on special menus for blacks.

I say they are charging everyone 15% gratuity as it is a posted sign. I have worked with wait staff long enough to know they wont short themselves a tip when they can automatically slap on a 15% tip for treating people like shit. White or black. Trust me the wait staff is going to get that 15% regardless if the customer is white or black.

What part of me saying that if "black" customers came in, didn't abuse the waitstaff, adhered to the dress code, had no problems with the new prices that he would have no problem serving them?

He said he is not doing it to everyone. Only to blacks. Why don't his words compute with you? He is not charging 15% to whites, only to blacks.

When you say if black customers came in and didn't cause problems he would serve them, you're not telling the truth about his actual admission that he tells black people the wait time is really long so they go away.

Why do you pretend he didn't say these things? They are clear as day in the article and I quoted them for you twice.

This is what the right means by take our country back? Back to the days of outright discrimination.....no thanks. We need to take our country forward. Not back.
Ya, next thing you know there will be a Miss Black America pagent or a United Negro College fund and a black congressional caucus.........

How would white people like it if blacks had a black entertainment tv channel?

How would white people like it if blacks had a black entertainment tv channel?
since i have watched BET and enjoyed the programing(although i dont consider myself "white") i doubt anyone has a problem with it

He said he is not doing it to everyone. Only to blacks. Why don't his words compute with you? He is not charging 15% to whites, only to blacks.

When you say if black customers came in and didn't cause problems he would serve them, you're not telling the truth about his actual admission that he tells black people the wait time is really long so they go away.

Why do you pretend he didn't say these things? They are clear as day in the article and I quoted them for you twice.
You are right, and he also said business has never been better.

I get what he is saying/doing and it does compute. I also get what goes on in restaurants and what motivates wait staff.

I am not pretending he didn't say anything. So don't play it like i am.

This is why I understand what Rand Paul was talking about. Once people understand that the restaurant owner is a racist, they can proactively bankrupt his ass by boycotting his business.
If a restaurant was allowed to discriminate serving blacks it would be very successful. People would love to be able to go out and not have to think about having to deal blacks rude behaviour.

You, and your good for nothing racist friends, couldn't keep a restaurant afloat, Tank. You notice that the 'author' of this ridiculous story doesn't even have the courage to name his establishment. What does that tell you? It tells me that he knows damned well that most of his patrons would disappear if he openly admitted his policy. He'd go bankrupt in a week.

I'm willing to bet that the restaurant doesn't even exist...someone from Stormfront probably wrote the article to describe a possible loophole to allow segregation.

I'd love to know the name of the restaurant... just to make sure I did not by mistake patronize them.

I can understand the anger when his wife was abused by patrons and that family would have immediately been out the door, but to wage such a campaign against everyone of a particular race is just plain wrong and I would not want to patronize his business even by mistake.

Immie

If a restaurant was allowed to discriminate serving blacks it would be very successful. People would love to be able to go out and not have to think about having to deal blacks rude behaviour.

You, and your good for nothing racist friends, couldn't keep a restaurant afloat, Tank. You notice that the 'author' of this ridiculous story doesn't even have the courage to name his establishment. What does that tell you? It tells me that he knows damned well that most of his patrons would disappear if he openly admitted his policy. He'd go bankrupt in a week.

I'm willing to bet that the restaurant doesn't even exist...someone from Stormfront probably wrote the article to describe a possible loophole to allow segregation.

More than likely, you are correct in this.

Um, you didn't write it, did you?

Immie

I get what he is saying/doing and it does compute. I also get what goes on in restaurants and what motivates wait staff.

I don't have to say any more. Your words are there contradicting what the owner said he was doing regarding adding the 15% tip for blacks only and telling blacks the wait line was very long. You want to believe he isn't telling the truth about this, fine.

But don't expect us to take your word for stuff, when the contradictory proof is right in front of our eyes.

i'd be willing to bet you are correct on this

I don't have to say any more. Your words are there contradicting what the owner said he was doing regarding adding the 15% tip for blacks only and telling blacks the wait line was very long. You want to believe he isn't telling the truth about this, fine.

But don't expect us to take your word for stuff, when the contradictory proof is right in front of our eyes.

You mean a "report" without any validation? So please enlighten me to prof with links?

I'd love to know the name of the restaurant... just to make sure I did not by mistake patronize them.
P1000224.JPG

Forum List

Back