Response to Bill Nye the intolerant science guy

This thread proves most Americans are generally intolerant of others' beliefs. And i bet these same people truly believe they're tolerant people.
Yep... Still can't rep you... That sucks.

Your OP is barney-like. There's nothing intolerant about what Bill Nye said. Theology doesn't belong in the science classroom.

Do Muslim's allow their children to be taught anything outside of their religion? They don't even want their children to learn about the Holocaust. Just asking if anyone knows. Funny they don't get picked on by the left the same way Christians do and I'm interested to understand why.

As far as the big bang theory, etc., nothing is proven so maybe they could leave that one alone for now and focus more on teaching children to read and write. Let the parents handle anything outside of the basic skills. I don't like how schools have taken on the responsibilities of parents. Stick to the basics. It does no good for a child to learn liberal ideas when they can't read or write very well.

Why do you care what Muslims do in their own countries? Besides the fact you think "Muslims" are a monolithic group, which says a lot, why should that matter.

Fact is, largely because of the wonderful efforts of Bible thumping moron parents and churches, American Students rank last in science, because any science that offends their book of fairy tales is rejected.

I don't care if we are a little less ignorant than the Muslims, I care that we are a lot MORE ingorant than the Chinese.

Masturbating is not a sin. Masturbation is not in the Bible anywhere.
It is a Man made sin.

"And Onan knew that the seed would not be his; and it came to pass when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest he should give seed to his brother, And the thing which he did was evil in the sight of the LORD; and He slew him also."

- Genesis 38:9-10

Who cares?

Actually, I know that some people DO care but that's not MY business or MY problem.

I live in the 21st century and just don't give a flip about what "Christians" believe. since I live in the United States, I not only expect the same from them, I DEMAND it.

SickSantorum, Ryan and other sickos want sharia law and they are welcome to it. Just not in MY United States.

If it wasn't for church sponsored education, we would still be living in the Dark Ages.

"Church sponsored education" is NOT education. And, it is the personification, the very definition of the Dark Ages.

You're welcome to it but, the pubs/pots have not taken over yet so we do still have the First Amendment so keep it in your tax-supported churches.

hey Dudley?.....what kind of guy was Moses?....was the Ark really huge?....

Republicans keep complaining about our schools not "teaching" and then they push this bullshit?

I wonder if any studies have been made about how well schools are doing in districts where this nonsense is indoctrinating young children?

This fits right in with the Texas Republican Party Platform.

hey Dean......how well are they doing in California?.....hey just thought i would ask....

This is the exactly the kind of illogic that is to be avoided. Crackpot ideas do not deserve an equal footing with science in the classroom. And a 6,000 year old Earth is as crackpot as it gets. Should we give a flat Earth theory equal footing with the evidence for a round Earth, or is it better to teach why a flat Earth theory is completely wrong?

If the latter, then we should also be teaching why a 6,000 year old Earth is just as ridiculous as a flat Earth. You want to bring your stupid ideas into the classroom, fine. But don't whine like a bitch when they are obliterated with the scientific method.

[W]hen people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together. - Isaac Asimov

The idea of a 6,000 year old Earth is a human invention and does not have any effect on the existence of God, but it does have an effect on how the idiots who believe the Earth is 6,000 years old are perceived. They aren't exactly a banner any intelligent person would follow to Jesus.

Any person who thinks he/she has a lock on truth, is either a fool, or is lying to himself. Just about every thing that we consider scientific fact today, will be debunked over the next thousand years as scientists learn more about the universe. It won't all be found to be false, but most of it will be modified to fit new knowledge.

Logic is pretty straight forward, but it has to have a factual basis to be real logic. The earth, to all of our scientific knowledge, appears to be over 4 billion years old. That does not make it 4 billion years old.

I can accept that the earth is over 4 billion years old, and I can accept that the earth is only 6,000 years old. I don't know for sure, and neither does anyone else. If God does exist, he can build the earth 6,000 years ago, and make it look 4 billion years old. If God does not exist, why should I give a damn about how old the earth is?

Because if you can accept nonsense as the truth, then you are gullible enough to believe anything. A "6,000" year old earth. Ridiculous.

you believe a lot of the shit you post Dean.....does that mean your gullible or dishonest?....

Why is it the religious want to kill sceince to save their failed myths?

It will never happen so give up.

Bliieve your myths if you like but dont think you can stop sceince.

When did christiand want to kill science, they pretty much are the ones that brought it along. Some Christians in science DesCartes, Newton, Planck, Heisenberg, you know, nobodies.....LOL you're retarded

I think the basic cause of it is that if you have science, you don't need God.

If you don't need God, you really can't go around guilting people into feeling bad about mundane stuff like masturbating.

Masturbating is not a sin. Masturbation is not in the Bible anywhere.
It is a Man made sin.

"And Onan knew that the seed would not be his; and it came to pass when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest he should give seed to his brother, And the thing which he did was evil in the sight of the LORD; and He slew him also."

- Genesis 38:9-10

Which was about Onan disobeying god...but was taken the TOTALLY wrong way.

Yes, that would be a lie, since most creationists believe the world is about 6,000 years old. And, I wouldn't want a school to teach any child that, any more than I would want them teaching that life emitted from some primordial soup. There is no scientific evidence to support either theory.

Teach what science knows, and mention all the alternative theories, and let the students make up their minds as to what to believe, or not believe.

This is the exactly the kind of illogic that is to be avoided. Crackpot ideas do not deserve an equal footing with science in the classroom. And a 6,000 year old Earth is as crackpot as it gets. Should we give a flat Earth theory equal footing with the evidence for a round Earth, or is it better to teach why a flat Earth theory is completely wrong?

If the latter, then we should also be teaching why a 6,000 year old Earth is just as ridiculous as a flat Earth. You want to bring your stupid ideas into the classroom, fine. But don't whine like a bitch when they are obliterated with the scientific method.

[W]hen people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together. - Isaac Asimov

The idea of a 6,000 year old Earth is a human invention and does not have any effect on the existence of God, but it does have an effect on how the idiots who believe the Earth is 6,000 years old are perceived. They aren't exactly a banner any intelligent person would follow to Jesus.

I have to agree. The reason that 'ID or creationism' doesn't belong in science discussions. Ok in religion or philosophy, though unlikely before college studies. There's nothing to back it up. Now that's coming from someone who believes in a prime mover or great hand within evolution, but again, wouldn't be brought up in science classes.

Science is about physical evidence concerning physical processes. It does not address the supernatural. That is done through each individuals faith.

Why is it the religious want to kill sceince to save their failed myths?

It will never happen so give up.

Bliieve your myths if you like but dont think you can stop sceince.

When did christiand want to kill science, they pretty much are the ones that brought it along. Some Christians in science DesCartes, Newton, Planck, Heisenberg, you know, nobodies.....LOL you're retarded

You are addressing the faiths of individuals. The role of the Church in science is a very checkered one. In many cases, it has advanced science, in many others, such as the case of Galileo and Copernicus, it fought science tooth and nail.

In government and science, organized religion should have no role.

Republicans keep complaining about our schools not "teaching" and then they push this bullshit?

I wonder if any studies have been made about how well schools are doing in districts where this nonsense is indoctrinating young children?

hey Dean......how well are they doing in California?.....hey just thought i would ask....

From Kansas to Texas, we have seen the GOP joining the forces of willfull ignorance to advance a fundementalist religious view of the world in the classroom. That is simply a fact, and should be addressed by the sane component of the GOP.

Here's my thing.

I think we should at least address creationism in the classroom.

Because these kids are going to hear about it regardless...

And if the Public Schools refuse to mention it, these kids will just assume it's part of the "grand atheist conspiracy".

So take a day or two to discuss it. Fairly present the case, fairly present why it's all bogus.

And move on.

Here's my thing.

And if the Public Schools refuse to mention it, these kids will just assume it's part of the "grand atheist conspiracy".

So take a day or two to discuss it. Fairly present the case, fairly present why it's all bogus.

And move on.

Shithead, what if the teacher is a Creationist, do you think she's going to teach your Atheist doctrine that Creationism is bogus?

Here's my thing.

And move on.

Shithead, what if the teacher is a Creationist, do you think she's going to teach your Atheist doctrine that Creationism is bogus?

That teacher is going to teach the curriculum, and if it's secular, he/she can pound sand and find a private school to teach at.

From Kansas to Texas, we have seen the GOP joining the forces of willfull ignorance to advance a fundementalist religious view of the world in the classroom. That is simply a fact, and should be addressed by the sane component of the GOP.

did that answer my question?.....because they dont teach religious shit out here and yet these Schools are doing pretty shitty.......top 5 in the 70's......bottom 5 today.....what the hell happened?.....

did that answer my question?.....because they dont teach religious shit out here and yet these Schools are doing pretty shitty.......top 5 in the 70's......bottom 5 today.....what the hell happened?.....

Liberals...

That teacher is going to teach the curriculum, and if it's secular, he/she can pound sand and find a private school to teach at.

Not only the teachers, it's also your opinion that the taxpayers, parents, and the local community can pound sand if they don't want the public schools to teach your doctrines. With Liberals, Communist world domination became redundant.

Prop. 13 happened.

Forum List

Back