Response to Bill Nye the intolerant science guy

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-AyDtD6sPA&feature=player_embedded]Bill Nye, Creationism is Highly Appropriate for our Children - YouTube[/ame]

Your OP is barney-like. There's nothing intolerant about what Bill Nye said. Theology doesn't belong in the science classroom.

Your OP is barney-like. There's nothing intolerant about what Bill Nye said. Theology doesn't belong in the science classroom.

I am guessing it was the guy from Brown university to which you disagree?

You do understand that the argument is not evolution per se but creation which evolution, and science are incapable of explaining.

Sorry if you mind is closed to any discussion on the matter. But it seems to me that to believe that something that is seemingly beyond statistical possibility did happen by chance seems irrational.

You do understand that the argument is not evolution per se but creation which evolution, and science are incapable of explaining.

Sorry if you mind is closed to any discussion on the matter. But it seems to me that to believe that something that is seemingly beyond statistical possibility did happen by chance seems irrational.

How old is the Earth?

How old is the Earth?

Old enough

Why is it the religious want to kill sceince to save their failed myths?

It will never happen so give up.

Bliieve your myths if you like but dont think you can stop sceince.

For the most part, I disagree with both these quacks.

You're right about something here. Evolution does not, and never has been intended as, an explanation for how life was created on our planet. You're wrong to say that science is incapable of explaining it. Only, scientific study is ongoing to learn more a bout how life may have come into existence on our planet. There are several working theories.

In any event, that fact has nothing to do with the validity of creationism. Creationism is nothing more than an apologetic for ultra orthodox interpretations of Abrahamic religious texts. There is nothing scientific about it.

Sorry if you mind is closed to any discussion on the matter.

My mind isn't "closed" on the matter. I merely reject such silly suggestions that creationism be regarded as having some kind of scientific validity, when in fact it doesn't. If someone came to you and said that we should regard as "science" the theory that the world is flat, would you consider it being "closed minded" for you to reject the same?

But it seems to me that to believe that something that is seemingly beyond statistical possibility did happen by chance seems irrational.

Winning the lottery is beyond statistical probability, yet it happens frequently and by chance. What I find amazing is that you consider it "beyond statistical probability" that there exists material mechanics in the universe by which material events occur, even though you observe the material universe every single moment of your life. But you seem to consider it well within statistical probability that some mystical force or being that you've never once experienced is out there, somewhere, creating entire universes with a snap of its fingers.

Forum List

Back