Respectable increase to sea levels caused by El nino!!!

The AGWCult is still totally fucking clueless at how totally fucked they are that they fell for the "Oceans ate my global warming"

Thermal expansion through the warming of the ocean is probably the main reason for the increase in sea level. That is the point of this thread!!!
so what you're saying is if I take a cup of cold water heat it up in a microwave that I'll have more than a cup of water with which I started with?
Edit: do i get two cups?

Last edited:
so what you're saying is if I take a cup of cold water heat it up in a microwave that I'll have more than a cup of water with which I started with?

Absolutely yes.

If you heat water from near freezing to near boiling, it will expand by about 2%.

Seriously, is there any basic science you don't fail hard at?

Absolutely yes.

If you heat water from near freezing to near boiling, it will expand by about 2%.

Seriously, is there any basic science you don't fail hard at?
funny I do that with my coffee everyday and do you know when the cold water heats up I actually have less. hmmmmmmm, that's my own observed. Still proving your science wrong.

And have you sealed your coffee cup to prevent evaporation? Mr. Wizard says your experiment fails hard, because you set it up totally wrong.

You might want to look of "coefficient of thermal expansion." Here, I'll help you out.

Thermal expansion - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If you check the table, the volumetric coefficient for water is 207e-6/K. So, a change of 90K makes for a volume expansion of .02, or 2%. This appears to be yet another case where you're claiming the entire planet has gotten all the physics completely wrong for centuries, and you're the only one who knows the RealTruth. Good luck with that.

And have you sealed your coffee cup to prevent evaporation? Mr. Wizard says your experiment fails hard, because you set it up totally wrong.

You might want to look of "coefficient of thermal expansion." Here, I'll help you out.

Thermal expansion - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

If you check the table, the volumetric coefficient for water is 207e-6/K. So, a change of 90K makes for a volume expansion of .02, or 2%. This appears to be yet another case where you're claiming the entire planet has gotten all the physics completely wrong for centuries, and you're the only one who knows the RealTruth. Good luck with that.
I didn't know there was a cover on top of the ocean.

By the way how big is that cover and what material is it made of and how do you stretch it from coast to coast?

You were just plain wrong about water not expanding as it warms. Crying at me and trolling and lying won't make you any less wrong. It does, however, demonstrate that addressing you as if you were a mature adult is pointless.

You were just plain wrong about water not expanding as it warms. Crying at me and trolling and lying won't make you any less wrong. It does, however, demonstrate that addressing you as if you were a mature adult is pointless.
hahahahahaahahahaaha I love it when you get busted. The problem with all of your ocean posts is you forget to mention evaporation because of the heat. Ain't that so old tooth? Troll, you wouldn't know one unless you looked in the mirror. doh!!!!!!

The AGWCult is still totally fucking clueless at how totally fucked they are that they fell for the "Oceans ate my global warming"

Water takes a hell of a lot more energy to warm and once it does it stays so much longer then land. Prove to me how this is wrong.

Water does take far more energy to warm, can you show us in a lab how much an additional 120PPM of CO2 will heat water?

Thank you

Water takes a hell of a lot more energy to warm and once it does it stays so much longer then land. Prove to me how this is wrong.

Water does take far more energy to warm, can you show us in a lab how much an additional 120PPM of CO2 will heat water?

Thank you

Is co2 a greenhouse gas? Is methane a greenhouse gas???

Thank you

Is co2 a greenhouse gas? Is methane a greenhouse gas???

Are you avoiding posting an experiment?

It's YOUR stupid, false, failed theory

Frank and jc, the sheer volume of your spamming and trolling has made you the face of denialism on this forum, and it's humiliating for the other deniers to have you as their spokespersons. Hence, they'd like you to turn it way down.

Frank and jc, the sheer volume of your spamming and trolling has made you the face of denialism on this forum, and it's humiliating for the other deniers to have you as their spokespersons. Hence, they'd like you to turn it way down.
Translation, Frank and jc, stop kicking our asses in here by demonstrating hourly/ daily our failed theory. it's our failed theory and we'll deal with our failed theory manipulating data as long as we want. So stop pointing out our flaws and our lack of evidence. Who needs evidence anyway? It merely gets in the way of the failed model.

Edit: BTW, your post wasn't addressing the OP. That too is a violation.

Frank and I are still waiting on the temperature CO2 makes in oceans.

Last edited:
Translation: Tone it way down, or I start reporting it. Enough is enough. Every damn thread, you and Frank obsessively post the same stupid one-liners, no matter what the topic is. That's trolling, it's against board rules, nobody on any side wants to see it, so stop it.

Translation: Tone it way down, or I start reporting it. Enough is enough. Every damn thread, you and Frank obsessively post the same stupid one-liners, no matter what the topic is. That's trolling, it's against board rules, nobody on any side wants to see it, so stop it.
take it up with the mods.

How high's the water Mama?...

NASA Chief: 'Still Time' to Heed Ominous Sea Level Rise Data
August 28, 2015 — The administrator of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) says attention must be paid to new data forecasting an approximately one meter rise in sea levels by the turn of the century. “It sounds definitive and ominous because that’s the way nature works,” Charles Bolden Jr. told VOA Friday in Bangkok.
His comment came after a team of NASA scientists in the U.S. Wednesday briefed reporters on their research documenting an average nearly eight centimeter global sea level rise since 1992, the result of warming waters and melting ice. “Given what we know now about how the ocean expands as it warms and how ice sheets and glaciers are adding water to the seas, it’s pretty certain we are locked into at least three feet (0.91 meters) of sea level rise, and probably more,” by 2100, said Steve Nerem of NASA’s Sea Level Change Team and a professor of engineering aerospace sciences at the University of Colorado.

The data is especially significant for Asia where more than 150 million people live within one meter of the current sea level. “We still have time to make a difference if we’ll pay attention to what the data says,” Bolden, a retired U.S. Marine Corps major general and former astronaut, said during the VOA interview. Next Monday in the Thai capital the NASA boss will launch, in conjunction with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Asia Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) a regional five-year geospatial data for development project called SERVIR-Mekong.

Utilizing 30 years of archival earth science data, plus daily, real time information for earth-observing satellites, the project will give policy makers and farmers in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam ways to mitigate climate change effects, and aid in drought and flood planning and disaster planning and relief. SERVIR-Mekong will “help you and your people in your government, scientists and farmers to understand how our climate is changing,” the NASA administrator told an audience of Thai school children Friday who participate in the worldwide Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) Program.

Noting the contentious debate over to what extent human activity is responsible for global warming and what steps should be taken by the U.S. and other governments, Bolden told VOA that “NASA is a data-providing agency, we don’t make policy.” NASA’s scientists say about one-third of the rise in sea levels is due to the expansion of warmer ocean water, one-third to ice loss from the polar ice sheets and the remaining to melting mountain glaciers. The NASA boss, in the VOA interview Friday, expressed no doubt he believed significant climate change had occurred since he had lived in Bangkok in 1972-'73, while he was a fighter pilot in the Vietnam War. “I’ve already noticed it’s not the same Thailand from a climate standpoint,” recalling downpours that would drench Bangkok like clockwork between 3 and 4 p.m. “The weather patterns have changed, the climate has changed,” he said.

MORE

Forum List

Back