Republicans Will Lose SC-01

Yup a disgraced Republican won. Remind us again how the dems will win in 2014 when they couldn't even win this one?

Disgraced? For a little perspective Bill Clinton disgraced his family and his Country by screwing an intern barely older than his daughter. Barney Frank was among the left wing's protected partisans because he was homosexual. His boyfriend's prostitution ring operating out of Frank's apartment didn't even get much coverage not to mention "disgraced". The double standard ain't working anymore and it kills the radical left wingers who depend on it. It's big trouble for the Hussein administration when a "disgraced" republican beats a left wing babe who was the sister of a pop-star.

The problem was, Bill and Barney weren't going around telling other people how to live or what to do with their lady parts or whatever. Sanford personally didn't engage in that kind of moralizing, but his party does.

Sanford won because this district was jerrymandered in such a way that favored Republicans.

But let's be honest, the moralizing is just to keep you Rubes voting against your own economic interests. Even your rank and file doesn't really buy that shit.

"Lady parts"? Libs think they are being kind to women when they pressure them into hiring someone to kill their unborn babies? The election was a referendum about the Obama administration and in the fantasy world of liberalism they thought they had the election in the bag with the sister of a popular comedian. Now it's sour grapes all over the place. If they can't even beat a tarnished second rate republican all their 2014 pipe dreams go down the drain.

We have a problem. The far right of our party believes (60% of them) we need to reach out more sincerely to minorities and women, but that means 40% are saying the "other" Americans are the problem. About 59% of the far right of the party thinks "candidate choice" was the problem, not the platform.

The mainstream of the party won't tolerate the far right making us a minority party, so, you far righties, go start your own party.

What you propose is two minorities parties, neither of which could win an election which is just the way democrats want it.

What I am concerned about is the majority of the party, our mainstream, does not want your candidates or policies.

We get rid of you, we can compete easily with the Dems.

Neocons need to head back to the Democratic Party from whence they came. They can compete with other democrats in primaries there.

Things'll be fine, then, no more warmongering, big-spending, government-growing democrats disguising themselves as conservatives.

The problem was, Bill and Barney weren't going around telling other people how to live or what to do with their lady parts or whatever. Sanford personally didn't engage in that kind of moralizing, but his party does.

Sanford won because this district was jerrymandered in such a way that favored Republicans.

But let's be honest, the moralizing is just to keep you Rubes voting against your own economic interests. Even your rank and file doesn't really buy that shit.

"Lady parts"? Libs think they are being kind to women when they pressure them into hiring someone to kill their unborn babies? The election was a referendum about the Obama administration and in the fantasy world of liberalism they thought they had the election in the bag with the sister of a popular comedian. Now it's sour grapes all over the place. If they can't even beat a tarnished second rate republican all their 2014 pipe dreams go down the drain.

I've never known a woman who was "presurred" into doing anything. Most women I've known who had abortions had them over the objections of their male partners. So please don't give us the "we're just protecting the silly little things from themselves" shit you guys try to pull.

I'll admit, a lot of sensible people never thought that Republicans would be so hypocritical and debased to elect a joke like Sanford.

It's only a matter of time before this guy fucks up again. He can't help himself.

Before he got himself in trouble with the mistress, I liked Sanford. He was a moderate Republican who wasn't trying to shove his religion down my throat, and he got working people.

If he wins tonight, it will because the people in his district were going to elect a toad with an R behind it's name.

And if we are that partisan, I'm just not sure if there's hope for the country. Maybe it's time to just get a divorce.

Does that mean you agree with me that the country is seriously fucked?

Maybe I agree that it is fucked, but I doubt we agree on the reason why...

I think it is fucked because voters are willing to elect an adulterous egomaniac, why do you think it is fucked?

Democrats not only outspent the republican 5-1 but they had powerful media blogs posting fake polls and constant propaganda from Media Matters and Huffington. Democrats thought they would make a big splash by defeating a republican in a republican district but they didn't. Now it seems that the pipe dreams and the fantasy world the radical left was living in has collapsed under the weight of the criminal Hussein regime.

The results of this election are a perfect example of why we have such a screwed up government.

Because the Republicans in South Carolina's First Congressional District decided it was in their best interest to nominate an ethically challenged former governor to be their candidate in the upcoming special election, they are going to lose this seat they should have easily been able to hang onto to the Democrats. Elizabeth Colbert-Busch is leading Mark Sandford by nine points despite this being an R+11 district. Karma is a bitch.

The Sanford-Colbert Busch debate: Five things to watch

Just curious DTMB, can you name one politician that is not "ethically challenged"?

Immie

Because the Republicans in South Carolina's First Congressional District decided it was in their best interest to nominate an ethically challenged former governor to be their candidate in the upcoming special election, they are going to lose this seat they should have easily been able to hang onto to the Democrats. Elizabeth Colbert-Busch is leading Mark Sandford by nine points despite this being an R+11 district. Karma is a bitch.

Gues that didn't even come close to reality. Hey its their state elect whom you want.

Just curious DTMB, can you name one politician that is not "ethically challenged"?

Immie

There was that one Born-Again Christian who did an interview with Playboy.:confused:

I think it is fucked because voters are willing to elect an adulterous egomaniac, why do you think it is fucked?

Because a district is drawn in such a way that a adulterous egomaniac can get elected if he has the R behind his name, or a district is drawn in Chicago where a petty theif who checks himself into a mental hospital can get elected if he has a D behind his name.

Because there's nothing motivating these guys to vote for the good of their country over the good of their party.

I don't really care that Sanford cheated on his wife. 70% of married people do at some point.

I'm more concerned the guy is reckless and has no sense of shame.

Bullshit you get bitch slapped more than anyone else on this board monkey boy.

I think it's funny that Jake calls everyone he does not like in the Republicans party "far right" but fails to see that he's the far far far left of the Republican party.
That and he's totally bigoted toward anyone and everyone who isn't a far far far far leftist "republican".

The horribly insolent and snobbish things he has said about Southerners would earn him several punches in the mouth, if he had the nerve to say such things to their faces... Which he doesn't

You whiners and piners can't take what you try to dish out.

A reactionary and a libertarian have no place in the GOP if they can't submit willingly when the choices are made in policy and candidates.

The food fight before Romney's nomination helped guarantee his loss.

Who cares what the far right believes as it shrinks in importance.

Is this a fucking joke? Better yet, are you the lame ass fucking joke? "Clinton was impeached over a blowjob." BIG DEAL.. You fucking zombies are braindead idiots and you wonder why no one takes you seriously?? Bend over doofus.

All of the librul bedwetting Zombies in this thread whining over adultery and Bubba is their ADULTERER extraordinaire! You can't make this shit up.. Only in the fucked up mindset of dumbazz liberals can you hear this stupidity.

All of the librul bedwetting Zombies in this thread whining over adultery and Bubba is their ADULTERER extraordinaire! You can't make this shit up.. Only in the fucked up mindset of dumbazz liberals can you hear this stupidity.

I didn't hear any liberals complaining about Sanford's "adultery". That's between him and his wife.

His abadoning his responsibilities, abusing state resources, resigning in disgrace and ignoring court orders, those are a little more serious.

I'm more interested in whether the nation wins, not a politican. Pretty sure we lost regardless of who won that. Lesser of two evils kind of thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back