Republicans: why do you ignore the wealth inequality issue?

Republicans ignore it as we feel that you need to earn it. Most of the poor are lazy and don't wish to pound the floor to advance them selfs.

Poor-think it should be handed to you=no wealth. You think life is a joke.
Rich-work hard and plan=more wealth!

Why should the people that work hard and are smart enough to save up give you their money?

What a totally dumbfuck clueless answer. :cuckoo:

^^^ This.

Totally agree, and I would add the issues regarding the massive global trade imbalance... which was, as any rational human being with a decent understanding of economics, knows was a core issue at the root of the current financial crisis.

And yet you support a guy who offshored American jobs...

I do? Where did I do that? Perhaps you are talking out of your ass again....

There is also the fact that I do not expect businesses to be any more moralistic than the law allows them to be. It is pure bull shit that the government sets up a system that makes off shoring not just profitable but MASSIVELY so and then you idiots blame the businesses when they offshore. That is absolute stupidity.

Edit - did not realize that you might have been referring to CA. My first statement might be misplaced but I stand by the second.

I think he meant me, because I support Romney. He's created his own version of reality about Romney.

Republicans ignore it as we feel that you need to earn it. Most of the poor are lazy and don't wish to pound the floor to advance them selfs.

Why should the people that work hard and are smart enough to save up give you their money?

That is an irrational bunch of bullshit.

Most of the poor are not lazy, they are just misled by a party that tells them that everyone is entitled to be wealthy... and discourages them to work. If the poor are told they are 'too important' to do 'menial work' or that those jobs are 'beneath them'... they'll believe it. They are wrong to believe such crap.... but blame the politicians who use them as a weapon, not the poor. They are cannon fodder for self serving politicians who benefit by keeping them poor.

The trickle down is a myth. Corporations are making record profits and taxes are at record lows. Where are the jobs exactly?
Like I said, we, unlike you, are not a bunch of whinny crybabies.

You don't have a right nor do they have an obligation to give you, a job.

And you whine about paying necessary taxes.

Liar

I'm pissed that I have to work so others don't have too.

I'm angry, not whinny.

I'm not demanding people give my money back to me or come and do anything for me.

again

unlike you

We are not whinny.

And yet you support a guy who offshored American jobs...

There is also the fact that I do not expect businesses to be any more moralistic than the law allows them to be. It is pure bull shit that the government sets up a system that makes off shoring not just profitable but MASSIVELY so and then you idiots blame the businesses when they offshore. That is absolute stupidity.

Edit - did not realize that you might have been referring to CA. My first statement might be misplaced but I stand by the second.

I think he meant me, because I support Romney. He's created his own version of reality about Romney.

No, I think he meant you as the person who would support obama. I could be wrong but that's the way I read it. You did say you'd vote for obama if gingrich got the nomination.

That is an irrational bunch of bullshit.

Most of the poor are not lazy, they are just misled by a party that tells them that everyone is entitled to be wealthy... and discourages them to work. If the poor are told they are 'too important' to do 'menial work' or that those jobs are 'beneath them'... they'll believe it. They are wrong to believe such crap.... but blame the politicians who use them as a weapon, not the poor. They are cannon fodder for self serving politicians who benefit by keeping them poor.

while i agree with you, you have to admit there are some who are just too lazy because they know they can get a Government handout.

:cuckoo: I already told you I personally did not want their money. Again, it's arguably not their money if they didn't technically earn it.

so if someones grandparents worked hard for the money and passed it onto their grandchildren..what do you suggest these people should do with their inheritence? give it to the Guberment for the greater good of the country?

my gawd man.

If someone dies there is no estate tax until it exceeds $5,000,000 for an individual and $10,000,000 for a couple. And fewer than three people out of 1,000 even have to pay anything.

http://www.cbpp.org/files/estatetaxmyths.pdf

So what else you got?

You guys do realize that becoming wealthy is like climbing the inside of a pyramid, right? The closer you get to the top, the less room there is.

I completely disagree that most of the poor are lazy. There are many more working poor than there are the "welfare bums" that you Conservatives love to rail on about.

So I guess you never heard the old saying; "There's plenty of room at the top."?

Let's just address this whole concept of "American jobs". The only "American jobs" are those funded, through taxes, by the US Government. There is no such thing as an "American job" in the private sector. Business have the right to set up their base wherever best suits their needs. It is not the fault of business that the US is not competitive enough to provide a decent economy for business. That is the Government's responsibility.

If you (you being a general 'American') will not pay the price of manufacturing goods in this country.... and buy cheap products manufactured outside the US... then you are responsible for the 'off shoring' of "American jobs".

Truth is sometimes unpleasant but that does not make it less true.

A couple things on this.

First, I always buy American when I can. Some things aren't actually made here. WHich is why the corporations go through so much trouble to hide where they actually make things. I'd require every product to have the flag of the country where it was made, and every store required to have a chart cross-referencing the flag with the country and list of human rights violations.

Second- while there are some valid criticism of "regulation", some of the regulations are sensible. I like drinking clean water, I like breathing clean air, I like knowing that my employer is required to have safe equipment in our plant and OSHA requires us all to take safety training. Every regulation on the book is there because some rich person decided to make a quick buck doing something stupid or immoral.

Third- No, they are American Jobs, and companies that offshore like your boy Romney are traitors. No other way to put it. They've put their own greed above the good of their fellow Americans.

Now, I do think that both parties have a lot of blame for globalism and free trade, and there is no candidate who has the balls to admit this is the root of most of our problems. Globalism raises poor nations, but it brings down richer ones.

Fourth, I realize that you are a cheerleader for greed because you hope some day to be part of the greedy. But the fact is, this is primarily an American stupidity. If you look at Japan or Europe, there are no CEO's getting paid eight figure salaries for wrecking their companies.

No, I think he meant you as the person who would support obama. I could be wrong but that's the way I read it. You did say you'd vote for obama if gingrich got the nomination.

OK. I was kidding about the 'I'll vote for Obama' thing. :lol: I will not vote for Gingrich. I won't vote Obama.... but it is my responsibility as an American to vote... so maybe Micky Mouse will get a vote from me.

You seem to cry a great deal about the government.

lets see, what's different.

The rich have no affect on my life beyond providing me with a job and benefits that go to care and feed my family.

The government takes some of that money and removes my Constitutional rights, over spends , making the money I keep worth less, thus making it harder for me to care and feed my family.

So, IOW,

"WAAAAAAAAAAAH! GUBMINT BAAAAAAD!

oh, btw, I'm not a crybaby."

I've never said such a thing in my life.

but seriously; What makes any reasoning person convince himself that it's OK to take more from the rich, just b/c they have more to take?

And who gives a fuck if they inherited it or got it from investments?

:lol:

If you hate the fact that the 5 owners of Wal-mart are in a tie for 3rd richest in the world, you don't have to shop there or have anything to do with them.

If the gubmint wants to give hundreds of billions to Hamas [a terror group, fyi] I have no fucking say and will help the funding of terror and Irans nuclear ambitions.

What a totally dumbfuck clueless answer. :cuckoo:

that's not true and you know it.

cripes, I just got a job through a temp service to work for Amazon over Chirstmas.
Out of the 25 in my class, 3 are left. The rest were lazy fucks that didn't want to work to standards.

The facts should anger you.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Wealth And Inequality In America

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

Ignoring?

They are promoting it.

The meme is that wealthy people are wealthy because they deserve it..and poor people are poor because they deserve it.

This harkens back to ye olde monarchies..where royalty were royalty because it was the will of god.

Let's just address this whole concept of "American jobs". The only "American jobs" are those funded, through taxes, by the US Government. There is no such thing as an "American job" in the private sector. Business have the right to set up their base wherever best suits their needs. It is not the fault of business that the US is not competitive enough to provide a decent economy for business. That is the Government's responsibility.

If you (you being a general 'American') will not pay the price of manufacturing goods in this country.... and buy cheap products manufactured outside the US... then you are responsible for the 'off shoring' of "American jobs".

Truth is sometimes unpleasant but that does not make it less true.

A couple things on this.

First, I always buy American when I can. Some things aren't actually made here. WHich is why the corporations go through so much trouble to hide where they actually make things. I'd require every product to have the flag of the country where it was made, and every store required to have a chart cross-referencing the flag with the country and list of human rights violations.

Second- while there are some valid criticism of "regulation", some of the regulations are sensible. I like drinking clean water, I like breathing clean air, I like knowing that my employer is required to have safe equipment in our plant and OSHA requires us all to take safety training. Every regulation on the book is there because some rich person decided to make a quick buck doing something stupid or immoral.

Third- No, they are American Jobs, and companies that offshore like your boy Romney are traitors. No other way to put it. They've put their own greed above the good of their fellow Americans.

Now, I do think that both parties have a lot of blame for globalism and free trade, and there is no candidate who has the balls to admit this is the root of most of our problems. Globalism raises poor nations, but it brings down richer ones.

Fourth, I realize that you are a cheerleader for greed because you hope some day to be part of the greedy. But the fact is, this is primarily an American stupidity. If you look at Japan or Europe, there are no CEO's getting paid eight figure salaries for wrecking their companies.

Firstly, I also buy American where I can. But if 'we' were the majority, then the country would be on a much stronger economic footing. There is a reason why the global trade imbalance exists... and that is because most Americans do not 'buy American', they buy 'cheap' and 'cheap' means off shore manufacturing. I have spoken before about the huge issue of Americans over consuming and under producing.... those aren't just words.... they are a huge part of the reason we are in such a mess. You may not understand it, you may not like it.... but it is absolutely true.

Secondly, I agree... I support clean air and clean water.... and those are both arguments that are not based on reality. We can have both of those AND a strong manufacturing base. We just have to be smarter about how we produce and not expect so much for so little... and we have to be prepared to pay for it.

Thirdly, there are no 'American jobs'. That's reality. It is what it is. You can't change it by denying it. No one has a right to those jobs. They are not funded by taxes.

And now.... for the best part.... calling Romney a 'traitor' is not only laughable... it is libel. And, to prove that, I suggest you refer to the definition of the word 'traitor'.

You start off rational and then go straight back to your overly emotional bullshit and hysterical over reaction.

Traitor- someone not acting in the best interest of my country.

Romney and other off-shorers are traitors.

Simple enough.

Yes, they are AMERICAN jobs. The problem is we put the greed of corporations above the interests of our citizens. There are all sorts of ways you can make life miserable for the off-shoring traitors, and most other countries- including China - do exactly that. Tariffs, quality inspections, quality standards.

We can have clean water, but we shouldn't make our factories compete with people who've killed everything in the Yansgtze River... That's a part of the problem. We want to have our cake and eat it, too.

You don't have a right nor do they have an obligation to give you, a job.

And you whine about paying necessary taxes.

Liar

I'm pissed that I have to work so others don't have too.

I'm angry, not whinny.

I'm not demanding people give my money back to me or come and do anything for me.

again

unlike you

We are not whinny.

Whinny? What are you? A Horse?

Then let me give you some facts and what we call in the midwest a little "horse sense".

First of all very few people want to be on welfare. And those that do are most likely disabled in some form. Welfare has been a safety net for millions over the years and, most recently, victims of this Bush Recession that is still going on.

Welfare cases peaked at above five million in 1995 and declined sharply after the 1996 law put time limits on benefits and emphasized moving recipients from welfare to work. The time limits vary by state, but the federally mandated maximum is five years with some exceptions; after that, benefits end.

The cash-assistance program, called Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), was created by the 1996 law and replaced previous welfare and jobs-training programs. Funded partly by the federal government and partly by the states, it primarily assists women who have children and no job, or a very low-paying one. The number of families on welfare had been falling steadily and, nine months into the recession, stood at 1.6 million in September 2008, the most recent date for which national tallies are available.

Numbers On Welfare See Sharp Increase - WSJ.com

So your pathetic attempt to paint all people on welfare with the same brush is a massive fail.

Traitor- someone not acting in the best interest of my country.

Romney and other off-shorers are traitors.

Simple enough.

Yes, they are AMERICAN jobs. The problem is we put the greed of corporations above the interests of our citizens. There are all sorts of ways you can make life miserable for the off-shoring traitors, and most other countries- including China - do exactly that. Tariffs, quality inspections, quality standards.

We can have clean water, but we shouldn't make our factories compete with people who've killed everything in the Yansgtze River... That's a part of the problem. We want to have our cake and eat it, too.

So, you're making up your own definitions of words now too? No wonder your posts are such a clusterfuck of bullshit.

FYI: Section 3 of the US Constitution (you have heard of that document, right?)

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Moron.

Again, for the stupid kid at the back: The only 'American jobs' are those funded by US taxpayers. No other jobs belongs to Americans. That's a simple fact.... you don't like that fact... un-fucking-lucky.

Fact: Dems openly embrace the 100% Guaranteed Failed ideology of government controlled redistribution known as Marxism, but are either too stupid to realize what they're doing or just don't have the nut sac to admit it.

I am impressed that it this thread lasted made it to page three before someone spewed out the word "Marxism".

The irony is that US society is beginning to mirror the society of the old Soviet Union where you have a small segment of the society controlling/influencing government, along with vast wealth inequalities.

Despite this popular notion that Marxist countries were egalitarian, they were not. They suffered from severe social stratification, as the US currently does.

You guys do realize that becoming wealthy is like climbing the inside of a pyramid, right? The closer you get to the top, the less room there is.

I completely disagree that most of the poor are lazy. There are many more working poor than there are the "welfare bums" that you Conservatives love to rail on about.

So I guess you never heard the old saying; "There's plenty of room at the top."?
Correct. The Economy isn't a zero-sum game unless gubmint manipulates it to be that way.

Here's where the jobs went.........

Not long ago, Apple boasted that its products were made in America. Today, few are. Almost all of the 70 million iPhones, 30 million iPads and 59 million other products Apple sold last year were manufactured overseas.

Why can’t that work come home? Mr. Obama asked.

Jobs’s reply was unambiguous. “Those jobs aren’t coming back,” he said, according to another dinner guest.

The president’s question touched upon a central conviction at Apple. It isn’t just that workers are cheaper abroad. Rather, Apple’s executives believe the vast scale of overseas factories as well as the flexibility, diligence and industrial skills of foreign workers have so outpaced their American counterparts that “Made in the U.S.A.” is no longer a viable option for most Apple products.

Apple has become one of the best-known, most admired and most imitated companies on earth, in part through an unrelenting mastery of global operations. Last year, it earned over $400,000 in profit per employee, more than Goldman Sachs, Exxon Mobil or Google.

However, what has vexed Mr. Obama as well as economists and policy makers is that Apple — and many of its high-technology peers — are not nearly as avid in creating American jobs as other famous companies were in their heydays.

Apple employs 43,000 people in the United States and 20,000 overseas, a small fraction of the over 400,000 American workers at General Motors in the 1950s, or the hundreds of thousands at General Electric in the 1980s. Many more people work for Apple’s contractors: an additional 700,000 people engineer, build and assemble iPads, iPhones and Apple’s other products. But almost none of them work in the United States. Instead, they work for foreign companies in Asia, Europe and elsewhere, at factories that almost all electronics designers rely upon to build their wares.

NYT: Why Apple won't make iPhones in the US - Business - US business - The New York Times - msnbc.com

Forum List

Back