Republicans: why do you ignore the wealth inequality issue?

Um, no, that is not what I am saying.

then what the hell are you saying with this..??
Again, it's arguably not their money if they didn't technically earn it

oh that's right..you would tax that money from them for the greater good of the country...you are so generous with other peoples money..

An inheritance is not income. What I am suggesting is a general policy on high income individuals.

So, let me get this straight. Some airhead brat with a Hollywood A Lister parent inherits $10m and that's ok. But the guy who had an idea, started his own company, employed people and made $10m from hard work, taking risks and employing his fellow Americans.... he should be taxed to hell and back?

Great policy.

Not.

Two possible reasons:

1. They don't believe it matters a whit; or

2. They fear the solution to this condition is worse than the condition itself.

The facts should anger you.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Wealth And Inequality In America

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

what do you mean "they aren't earning it"?

The facts should anger you.

You say any person deserves to keep every cent they make. That would be fine, except that most of the people in the top 5% are not EARNING all of the money that they are MAKING.

Why ignore the evidence?

Productivity and profits are up, yet wages for the middle class haven't changed over the last few decades unlike the 1%

I don't think that I should make more money simply because of the top 5%. I just the think the wealthy should pay a fair tax that would go to benefit programs for lower level workers. In doing so, their hardwork can be fulfilled.

It's not a matter of ignoring it, it's a matter of questioning if the government is the best vehicle to fix the problem. The government's history of wealth redistribution has been pretty awful.

The greed of the 1% is indeed part of the problem. But the government taking their money and giving it to "deserving" people (namely those who game the system and sit on their asses watching Jerry Springer all day waiting for a check to show up) doesn't do much to help those of us who go to thankless jobs.

I honestly get really annoyed when I see someone on welfare using a LINK card to buy steaks and soda pop.

The reason why there's been a change in the wealth distribution can find a lot of fault in government. Regulations that make it easy to sue employers frivilously. Rules that add extra expense like ObamaCare. So if an employer has a choice between adding an employee and buying a machine that lets them eliminate an employee. Guess what, they buy the machine every time. and they pocket the difference. And there's always a third world shithole you can move your factory to.

When the president of Coca-Cola says it's easier to open a plant in China than America, that's really part of the problem.

Now, personally, I think this is sort of self-destructive. The less of a middle class you have, the less consumption you have. In many ways, the "conservatives" who complain about too much government are the ones creating more of a market for it.

So, let me get this straight. Some airhead brat with a Hollywood A Lister parent inherits $10m and that's ok. But the guy who had an idea, started his own company, employed people and made $10m from hard work, taking risks and employing his fellow Americans.... he should be taxed to hell and back?

Great policy.

Not.

No, I think they should both be taxed appropriately.

BUt oddly, it's the GOP that fights a lot harder for the estate tax being repealed than the income tax being lowered. Why? Because people can relate to the estate tax, even if it usually doesn't apply to them.

Last edited:

oh that's right..you would tax that money from them for the greater good of the country...you are so generous with other peoples money..

An inheritance is not income. What I am suggesting is a general policy on high income individuals.

certainly an inheritance is in come.. in coming equal en come hence the word income. money coming in. It's damn sure not money going out...errrrrrr unless you marxists get your way.

Great policy.

Not.

This thread demonstrates why the libtards want Romney to run. They can get him cause he too white, and he too rich.. wait for it.

It isn't YOUR money, nor does it belong to government. And it's none of your business what they do with it.

Get it? Hands off.

Two possible reasons:

Or at least the solutions that are being presented. The fact is that the decline in the middle class has almost nothing to do with the tax rates. It has far, far, FAR more to do with technology and an asinine trade policy with slave nations. No one wants to address that and the democrats want to make the issue worse through a tax plan that attempts to treat the problem by chasing jobs elsewhere.

B/c we are not whinny little cry babies.

clear enough for you?

You seem to cry a great deal about the government.

lets see, what's different.

The rich have no affect on my life beyond providing me with a job and benefits that go to care and feed my family.

The government takes some of that money and removes my Constitutional rights, over spends , making the money I keep worth less, thus making it harder for me to care and feed my family.

Like I said, we, unlike you, are not a bunch of whinny crybabies.

So, IOW,

"WAAAAAAAAAAAH! GUBMINT BAAAAAAD!

oh, btw, I'm not a crybaby."

Two possible reasons:

Or at least the solutions that are being presented. The fact is that the decline in the middle class has almost nothing to do with the tax rates. It has far, far, FAR more to do with technology and an asinine trade policy with slave nations. No one wants to address that and the democrats want to make the issue worse through a tax plan that attempts to treat the problem by chasing jobs elsewhere.

^^^ This.

Totally agree, and I would add the issues regarding the massive global trade imbalance... which was, as any rational human being with a decent understanding of economics, knows was a core issue at the root of the current financial crisis.

Last edited:
even if the top 1% are paying their fair share, they have the resources to make it look like, through media and other methods, that they're being abused. this message gets passed down to the poor in the republican party and they stand up for the 1%. it's a fascinating tactic.

even if the top 1% are paying their fair share, they have the resources to make it look like, through media and other methods, that they're being abused. this message gets passed down to the poor in the republican party and they stand up for the 1%. it's a fascinating tactic.

wow, so the "poor" are not only poor but stupid too.

Two possible reasons:

^^^ This.

Totally agree, and I would add the issues regarding the massive global trade imbalance... which was, as any rational human being with a decent understanding of economics, knows was a core issue at the root of the current financial crisis.

And yet you support a guy who offshored American jobs...

Fact: Dems openly embrace the 100% Guaranteed Failed ideology of government controlled redistribution known as Marxism, but are either too stupid to realize what they're doing or just don't have the nut sac to admit it.

^^^ This.

I do? Where did I do that? Perhaps you are talking out of your ass again....

There is also the fact that I do not expect businesses to be any more moralistic than the law allows them to be. It is pure bull shit that the government sets up a system that makes off shoring not just profitable but MASSIVELY so and then you idiots blame the businesses when they offshore. That is absolute stupidity.

Edit - did not realize that you might have been referring to CA. My first statement might be misplaced but I stand by the second.

Last edited:
Fact: Dems openly embrace the 100% Guaranteed Failed ideology of government controlled redistribution known as Marxism, but are either too stupid to realize what they're doing or just don't have the nut sac to admit it.

I say it's both.

wow, so the "poor" are not only poor but stupid too.

there are stupid people in every group. the top 1% can afford to push their "plight" much more so than the poor. they also have access to lobbyists more than people of lesser means. heck, if i was in the top 1%, i would keep doing exactly what they've been doing. it's working.

^^^ This.

Let's just address this whole concept of "American jobs". The only "American jobs" are those funded, through taxes, by the US Government. There is no such thing as an "American job" in the private sector. Business have the right to set up their base wherever best suits their needs. It is not the fault of business that the US is not competitive enough to provide a decent economy for business. That is the Government's responsibility.

If you (you being a general 'American') will not pay the price of manufacturing goods in this country.... and buy cheap products manufactured outside the US... then you are responsible for the 'off shoring' of "American jobs".

Truth is sometimes unpleasant but that does not make it less true.

Forum List

Back