Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

Republicans presented a budget which covers the items there is a consensus in congress to fund. Democrats rejected that because they want funding for which there is no consensus in congress to spend.

This one's all on you, homey.

There are the votes in both chambers for a clean CR, but there are NOT the votes in either chamber to shut down the govt over Obamacare, yet that is what Boehner is allowing.

You missed my point. How can a prior congress authorize spending by this congress? Where is that in the Constitution?

The current congress does not have the votes to fund obamacare. It's f'd up that they have to vote to "de" fund it. Think about the logic of that, and then think about our deficits?

Suppose a prior Republican congress had authorized funding for an Iraq war, and the Democratic Senate wanted to defund it now? Should they seriously have to do that over just not voting to actually fund it?

Anyone who believes that congresses can commit future congresses to spend money doesn't deserve to be taken seriously for anything they say regarding deficits, they are the problem.

Republicans presented a budget which covers the items there is a consensus in congress to fund. Democrats rejected that because they want funding for which there is no consensus in congress to spend.

The people say otherwise, homey

I'm hearing a big yawn, homey

The people say otherwise, homey

I'm hearing a big yawn, homey

Doesn't matter people still blame the GOP, yawn thru the election

EarthLink - Top News

Insurance markets open to surge of new customers

CHICAGO (AP) — The online insurance marketplaces that are at the heart of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul struggled to handle the volume of new consumers Tuesday, the first day of a six-month open-enrollment period.

maybe the Republicans should close down the internet

EarthLink - Top News

Insurance markets open to surge of new customers

CHICAGO (AP) — The online insurance marketplaces that are at the heart of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul struggled to handle the volume of new consumers Tuesday, the first day of a six-month open-enrollment period.

maybe the Republicans should close down the internet

O already EO'ed this. White House gives Homeland Security control of all communication systems ? RT USA

Gotta think the Repubs are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth.

When the law was first being written, Repubs walked away from having ANY input.
Then the Repubs voted 40 sometimes to get rid of the law. And all those votes went nowhere.
Then those Repubs went on a massive disinformation campaign that continues to this day.
Then those Repubs got the law in front of the SCOTUS. And they lost again.
Then they lost a Presidential election.

Then they decided to shut down the government if the law went forward.

And now the Repubs want ALL of America to believe, that after all this time and effort to shut the law down, NOW THAT REPUBS HAVE BROUGHT THE GOVERNMENT TO A STOP BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T STOP OBAMA CARE, now Repub want to make nice and negotiate.

Wouldn't do jack shit up till this time. And blame the shut down on the Dems.

If it wasn't so pitiful for Repubs to act this way it would be laughable.

Yet another poll showing that the majority of the american people aren't buying into the far right's attack on the nation over their pissy fit with the ACA.

The poll found 46% of americans blame the GOP for the shutdown with only 36% the president, but the big one is a whopping 69% feel the GOP are acting like "spoiled children" which I completely agree with.

Keep digging that ditch GOP, 2014 is looking better and better by the day for the democrats :up:

Government Shutdown Blame Would Fall On Republicans, GOP Seen As 'Spoiled Children': Poll

Further proof that people are stupid...

This just might interfere with my planned hike across Death Valley National Park.

Oh, well. I have a valid passport, so I guess that I will have to take a cruise to Costa Rica while sipping drinks out of a glass with a little umbrella instead....

Remember back when they were complaining about White House tours!

GAME OVER
Shutdown clock runs out, no winner

After stealthy rounds of ping pong over tying the budget to Obamacare, the government is officially shut down. FULL STORY

No deal, no U.S. parks

Never mind that visit to the Statue of Liberty in New York City. Forget visiting Independence Hall in Philadelphia. That hike at Yellowstone National Park? Not happening. Why? Ask Congress. FULL STORY
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

They are really putting their Grover Norquist Mission Statement to the test!

My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size... - Grover Norquist at BrainyQuote

i blame the obstructionist senate.

GAME OVER

After stealthy rounds of ping pong over tying the budget to Obamacare, the government is officially shut down. FULL STORY

No deal, no U.S. parks

Never mind that visit to the Statue of Liberty in New York City. Forget visiting Independence Hall in Philadelphia. That hike at Yellowstone National Park? Not happening. Why? Ask Congress. FULL STORY

My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size... - Grover Norquist at BrainyQuote

Harry and Barack refused to talk. They shut down the government. True story! :thup:

This just might interfere with my planned hike across Death Valley National Park.

Oh, well. I have a valid passport, so I guess that I will have to take a cruise to Costa Rica while sipping drinks out of a glass with a little umbrella instead....

Sounds like this shutdown may have saved your life. Or cause damage to your liver.
Decisions decisions.

Sounds like this shutdown may have saved your life. Or cause damage to your liver.
Decisions decisions.

I'll admit that it is having a big impact on me. I don't know how to spend my day, now that I can't tune in to the Panda Camera feed at the national zoo.....

GAME OVER

No deal, no U.S. parks

Harry and Barack refused to talk. They shut down the government. True story! :thup:

You aren't convincing anyone with that story. I mean, you got your rethug whack jobs that believe that story. But what THEY believe is of no consequence. You rethugs have a problem convincing people like me that somehow, after all evidence of the past 2 years of Rethugs hatred of Obamacare, and all the talk of how much Dems LOVE government, that it is the Dems shutting down the government.

That dog just won't hunt.

Decisions decisions.

I'll admit that it is having a big impact on me. I don't know how to spend my day, now that I can't tune in to the Panda Camera feed at the national zoo.....

Hey maybe you can hook up to a camera feed at the local humane society. But I know what you mean. Devastating. I would go to Costa Rica. via Omaha.

and the same poll has 59% thinking the same of dems

i fail to see why BL neglected to mention that...oh wait...

Forum List

Back