Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

Sounds like this shutdown may have saved your life. Or cause damage to your liver.
Decisions decisions.

I'll admit that it is having a big impact on me. I don't know how to spend my day, now that I can't tune in to the Panda Camera feed at the national zoo.....

Hey maybe you can hook up to a camera feed at the local humane society. But I know what you mean. Devastating. I would go to Costa Rica. via Omaha.

The worst part was telling my girlfriend that I had to cancel the wedding I was going to surprise her with that was going to take place in the Lincoln Memorial....:(

Gotta think the Repubs are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth.

When the law was first being written, Repubs walked away from having ANY input.
Then the Repubs voted 40 sometimes to get rid of the law. And all those votes went nowhere.
Then those Repubs went on a massive disinformation campaign that continues to this day.
Then those Repubs got the law in front of the SCOTUS. And they lost again.
Then they lost a Presidential election.

Then they decided to shut down the government if the law went forward.

And now the Repubs want ALL of America to believe, that after all this time and effort to shut the law down, NOW THAT REPUBS HAVE BROUGHT THE GOVERNMENT TO A STOP BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T STOP OBAMA CARE, now Repub want to make nice and negotiate.

Wouldn't do jack shit up till this time. And blame the shut down on the Dems.

If it wasn't so pitiful for Repubs to act this way it would be laughable.

You need new glasses.....because you can't see reality for shit.

How about the poll where 51% of Americans favor a Federal shutdown until Congress cuts Obamacare funding??

51% Favor Government Shutdown Until Congress Cuts Health Care Funding - Rasmussen Reports?

That would be the same Rasmussen that told us Romney was going to win the 2012 election? yeah, how about that...

Really? I didn't know any poll had Romney winning.

That's because you're ignorant.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Hmmm...grabbing, stealing, not playing well with others, sitting on the ball when things don't go your way, not appreciating what you have, being jealous of what other people get.

Did liberals learn this from spoiled children, or was it the other way around?

Gotta think the Repubs are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth.

When the law was first being written, Repubs walked away from having ANY input.
Then the Repubs voted 40 sometimes to get rid of the law. And all those votes went nowhere.
Then those Repubs went on a massive disinformation campaign that continues to this day.
Then those Repubs got the law in front of the SCOTUS. And they lost again.
Then they lost a Presidential election.

Then they decided to shut down the government if the law went forward.

And now the Repubs want ALL of America to believe, that after all this time and effort to shut the law down, NOW THAT REPUBS HAVE BROUGHT THE GOVERNMENT TO A STOP BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T STOP OBAMA CARE, now Repub want to make nice and negotiate.

Wouldn't do jack shit up till this time. And blame the shut down on the Dems.

If it wasn't so pitiful for Repubs to act this way it would be laughable.

No, Zeke, the bill had all kinds of Republican ideas in it. Didnt you get that memo?
In actuality the Democrats shut the GOP out of any input in the committees, mostly on Obama's orders. Not a single Republican voted for any part of it.
Now in the House they can exercise the power of the purse, as given to them by the Constitution. All spending bills originate in the House, remember? It is Harry Reid adn the Democrats, including Obama who will not compromise in any way. The House first defunded it. No way. Then they said they would delay it for a year, just like Obama did illegally with business mandates. Reid and Obama won't let that pass either. Who is being obstructionist here? Who is the Party of No?

Remember back when they were complaining about White House tours!

They are really putting their Grover Norquist Mission Statement to the test!

My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size... - Grover Norquist at BrainyQuote

Harry and Barack refused to talk. They shut down the government. True story! :thup:

You aren't convincing anyone with that story. I mean, you got your rethug whack jobs that believe that story. But what THEY believe is of no consequence. You rethugs have a problem convincing people like me that somehow, after all evidence of the past 2 years of Rethugs hatred of Obamacare, and all the talk of how much Dems LOVE government, that it is the Dems shutting down the government.

That dog just won't hunt.

Yeah, except it's true, soooo.......

The American Spectator : Extremely Extreme Extremists

Last edited:
The shut down belongs to obama and reid. The GOP led house put several funding bills on the table, reid and barry refused to even discuss one of them.

delaying the implementation of obamacare for one year for the PEOPLE, is no different that the delay that obama gave to big business--------you know, those evil corporations that you dems pretend to hate, but really love.

its a terrible bill, a year would give the country and the govt time to fix whats wrong with it and improve whats right with it------it makes a lot of sense.

But no, with obama and reid its "my way or no way".

the shutdown belongs solely to the dems.

and I don't give a shit about any polls or what europe thinks, the house did what was right. Right will win in the end.

The ACA isn't a "bill". It's the law.

Do you understand the difference?

It made it's way through both houses of congress, the President signed it and it survived a challenge in the Supreme Court.

It's a part of government.

Defunding it..is defunding the government.

This is a radical and unprecedented move.

No one should have to deal with radicals.

I agree 100% - which is why you and every Dumbocrat out there should go away. You're the one's who refuse do adhere to the highest law in the land. You are the radicals.

You said it - now back up your words and go away.

When did it become bad having first rate science programs, tech jobs and infrastructure?

Serious question.

When assholes like you decided that "first rate" meant OTHER PEOPLE PAY FOR IT.

You want "tech jobs" - you pay for them asshole.

No? Why not [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION]? Serious question.

I agree 100% - which is why you and every Dumbocrat out there should go away. You're the one's who refuse do adhere to the highest law in the land. You are the radicals.

Someone that gets elected with 51% of the national popular vote is not "radical"

If the Democrats "budge" it would set a horrible precedent no matter what you think of the law.

This has never been the way our government works.

Here is a RADICAL - in the truest form - admitting that Dumbocrats do NOT compromise.... :eusa_whistle:

When did it become bad having first rate science programs, tech jobs and infrastructure?

Serious question.

When assholes like you decided that "first rate" meant OTHER PEOPLE PAY FOR IT.

You want "tech jobs" - you pay for them asshole.

No? Why not [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION]? Serious question.

Matthew is a faux conservative who thinks that if big daddy gov't doesnt do it it wont get done. Every post is a plea for support for gov't funding of education, infrastructure, and research. Like they're successful in any of that and no one else is doing it.

Someone that gets elected with 51% of the national popular vote is not "radical"

No, he's a liar and plays "Santa Claus!":cool:

It's NOT a bill.

It's the LAW.

I'm glad we are clear on this. So naturally you believe - since it is the "LAW" - that Barack Obama should immediately be removed from office and placed in prison since he unconstitutionally altered the AHCA on 4 different occasions now?

And as you know (LMAO! as if he knew anything about his own government) - only Congress can create or alter laws (they are the legislative branch).

Well [MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]? You've long destroyed your credibility on this board. Here is your golden opportunity to get an ounce of it back. You do agree that Obama should be removed from office and imprisoned for altering the LAW (hey - you're the one putting it in big letters and insisting it is the law).

Just because a portion of the population voted for him because he was black does not make him "not radical". Just because he LIED to the people about being a marxist does not make him "not radical". And just because we have an ignorant voting base (such as yourself and Swallow) who refuse to vet him before blindly voting for him does not making him "not radical".

Someone receiving votes because they lied, pumped money into a campaign, and counted on an ignorant voting base does not define who they are. Their actions DO! And his actions scream "radical fuck'n marxist".

Look ma.

The Republicans just made the government smaller, by gumption.

By Shutting it down!

:lol:

Do you honestly think the Federal Government ISN'T too large, Sallow? Do you honestly think they DON'T waste millions of our tax dollars every year on some of the most ridiculous things imaginable?

So at what point to do we address the problem?

I listen to Barack Obama and Harry Reid describe the GOP as "blackmailers" and "holding a gun to the head of America" simply because they won't agree to rubber stamp yet another debt ceiling increase. What that tells me is that neither man is willing to make the tough cuts that need to be made. Instead they will pass along an Everest of debt to the next generation that is going to be crippling.

Barack Obama will talk to the President of Iran and make concessions until the cows come home but he won't make concessions to moderates and conservatives on spending. Why?

Remember back when they were complaining about White House tours!

They are really putting their Grover Norquist Mission Statement to the test!

My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size... - Grover Norquist at BrainyQuote

Harry and Barack refused to talk. They shut down the government. True story! :thup:

You aren't convincing anyone with that story. I mean, you got your rethug whack jobs that believe that story. But what THEY believe is of no consequence. You rethugs have a problem convincing people like me that somehow, after all evidence of the past 2 years of Rethugs hatred of Obamacare, and all the talk of how much Dems LOVE government, that it is the Dems shutting down the government.

That dog just won't hunt.

Uh...hey stupid....you do realize that the House passed continuing resolution after continuing resolution all night and Harry Reid refused to allow the Senate to even vote on one of them, right?

Harry Reid and Barack Obama shut down the government because they are sitting on millions and can afford to do so as a political ploy. Shut it down - falsely blame the Republicans - hope that the same ignorant voting base who has swallowed your propaganda in the past continues to do so come next election.

When the House passes a CR, and Harry Reid refuses to accept it, it's pretty hard to blame the GOP House for the shutdown! :lol:

Forum List

Back