Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

Maybe $25 trillion will be enough, Or maybe at $26 Trillion and we have to rename LA, New Peking.

Someone tell us, when is it too much?
It is only too much, no matter what the amount, when a Democrat is president, and never too much when a Republican is president.

If you remember St Ronnie ran against Carter arguing that the $300 billion he ran up was generational theft. However Reagan and Bush I then ran up $4 trillion in debt and we were told deficits didn't matter. Once Clinton was elected suddenly the deficit was the end of the known world and must be eliminated in 7 years. Then Bush II is elected and surprise, surprise, just as suddenly deficits don't matter again. Now Obama is elected and deficits matter again.

Is it any wonder no one takes the Tea Bag Brotherhood seriously?

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."
Dick Cheney

I'm sorry, would you care for a wider brush? Or would you rather answer the question?

When is it too much, no matter who or what party is President. What will make it too much? I say it was too much before Bush left office. You refuse to get off the party line BS. You have nothing to add, then don't answer.

BTW the interest for the past fiscal year was $415,688,781,248.40 Yes that's 415 Billion.... Nearly one half trillion. Is it too much yet?
You can't blame the interest on the GOP national debt on Obama. And if deficits don't matter for Republicans, as Reagan "proved," then they don't matter now. Once the economy is stronger we can address the debt.

90% of the National Debt was created by Reagan and the two Bushes.

Go to reaganbushdebt.org to see the numbers.

You are out of your fucking mind. Obama ran up more debt in 1 year than Reagan did in 8

No, actually he didn't.

US-national-debt-GDP.png

Notice how the debt accelerated during Bush's last two budget years. Obama's debt is a continuation of that trend and neither Bush nor Obama are directly responsible for that acceleration. It happened because of the recession. Bush set the all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days between July 30 and Nov 9, 2008—but that had little to do with his choices.

Recessions cut tax revenues—in this case, dramatically. That accounts for nearly half of the deficit. So blaming Obama for the full deficit is like blaming him for not raising the tax rate to keep tax revenues up. Most of the increased spending is automatic increases in unemployment benefits, food stamps, and social security payments for early retirement. Very little of it is from stimulus spending, and that's over.

The green line shows what would have happened to the national debt if Reagan and the Bushes had balanced their budgets as Reagan claimed he would. G.W. Bush, in all modesty, claimed he would "retire nearly $1 trillion in debt over the next four years. This will be the largest debt reduction ever achieved by any nation at any time."

Republicans are quite embarrassed by this performance, so they have invented a cover story: The Democratic Congress did it. Nice try. But for 12 of the 20 years the Congress was not Democratic. Also, presidents can veto, and when it was Democratic, Congress passed smaller budgets on average than the Republican Presidents asked for. Presidents propose the budget, and they have the most influence.​

National Debt by President
Gotta love it how the demodumdums blame republicans for a democrat congress' budget during a democrat presidency. Lib logic is flawless.

It is only too much, no matter what the amount, when a Democrat is president, and never too much when a Republican is president.

If you remember St Ronnie ran against Carter arguing that the $300 billion he ran up was generational theft. However Reagan and Bush I then ran up $4 trillion in debt and we were told deficits didn't matter. Once Clinton was elected suddenly the deficit was the end of the known world and must be eliminated in 7 years. Then Bush II is elected and surprise, surprise, just as suddenly deficits don't matter again. Now Obama is elected and deficits matter again.

Is it any wonder no one takes the Tea Bag Brotherhood seriously?

"Reagan proved deficits don't matter."
Dick Cheney

I'm sorry, would you care for a wider brush? Or would you rather answer the question?

When is it too much, no matter who or what party is President. What will make it too much? I say it was too much before Bush left office. You refuse to get off the party line BS. You have nothing to add, then don't answer.

BTW the interest for the past fiscal year was $415,688,781,248.40 Yes that's 415 Billion.... Nearly one half trillion. Is it too much yet?
You can't blame the interest on the GOP national debt on Obama. And if deficits don't matter for Republicans, as Reagan "proved," then they don't matter now. Once the economy is stronger we can address the debt.

Get your head pout of Obamas ass. I am not blaming anyone. I said it's too fucking much. Period. Is it too difficult for you to understand that party doesn't matter when you are going under for the third time?

Today is what matters, here and now...not yesterday, today. Now if you don't have an intelligent answer to a basic non partisan question then STFU.

What number is too much?

Get your head pout of Obamas ass. I am not blaming anyone. I said it's too fucking much. Period. Is it too difficult for you to understand that party doesn't matter when you are going under for the third time?

Today is what matters, here and now...not yesterday, today. Now if you don't have an intelligent answer to a basic non partisan question then STFU.

What number is too much?

Anything that increases the debt by % of GDP is too much.

It was to much when Bush doubled it. Now it's twice as bad.

It should be against the law to pass debts to your children.

You are out of your fucking mind. Obama ran up more debt in 1 year than Reagan did in 8

And did so paying down 2 wars started and NOT paid for by Bush.

Why did Obama spend trillions on stimulus? What did those trillions have to do with Bush's wars? Why did Obama start half a dozen more wars than Bush did? Why did Obama increase discretionary spending by 30% in his first year? Why did Obama push for a health care bill that he promised would save us 3k per family but is instead costing us 7k per family?

Why did Obama spend trillions on stimulus? What did those trillions have to do with Bush's wars? Why did Obama start half a dozen more wars than Bush did? Why did Obama increase discretionary spending by 30% in his first year? Why did Obama push for a health care bill that he promised would save us 3k per family but is instead costing us 7k per family?

Trillons, was it?

:lol:

And you are a math genius are ya?

Trillons, was it?

Yes, and Yes.

What happened to Bush's check to the banks for the bank bailout? Where did that money go?

30% increase across the board in his first year times 5years.

AARA of 2009.

2t and counting.

Need me to buy you a calculator?

What number is too much?
You got your answer, you may not like it, but you got it. NOW is not the time for worrying about the debt. Now is the time for stimulating the economy even if it increases the debt. Once the economy recovers the debt can be addressed.

What a loon. The left spends the last 4 years adding to the debt with Obamacare, and ignores the economy, and now they want to fix it.

Thanks but your fixes we can do without.

Trillons, was it?

Yes, and Yes.

What happened to Bush's check to the banks for the bank bailout? Where did that money go?

30% increase across the board in his first year times 5years.

AARA of 2009.

2t and counting.

Need me to buy you a calculator?

Dude you're kind of delusional.

Cleaning up other people's messes isn't adding to anything.

It's cleaning up other people's messes.

I've done it when I reversed engineered other people's code.

Funny..it doesn't seem you have done that..or get the concept.

What a loon. The left spends the last 4 years adding to the debt with Obamacare, and ignores the economy, and now they want to fix it.

Well Ollie.

You know the drill.

Find a candidate that can win and get the votes.

Obamacare added nothing to the debt, in fact it has been taking in money.

Obamacare added nothing to the debt, in fact it has been taking in money.

Keep telling yourself that.......
One of the things the Right has been bitching about is that the ACA takes in money for 3 years before it starts to pay anything out.

Forum List

Back