Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

It's sad to read the rabid right-wing posts to this thread. There is little, if any, understanding of basic economics or history. There is certainly no understanding of the role that tax cuts under Reagan and Bush played in creating this mess or Bush's total mismanagement of the economy leading to the global economic crisis.

I remember when Reagan was President watching a political talk show and the Republican commentator was praising Reagan's success in turning around the US economy. At that point I was prepared to give the guy his due. America was clearly prospering.

At that point the Democrat responded that everything Reagan was doing was being paid for with borrowed funds. He said that if your neighbor bought two new cars, completely renovated and redecorated his house, and took vacations to exotic places, he'd appear to you to be prosperous and successful too. But if he had paid for all of this with borrowed funds you would question the wisdom of spending he didn't have. Reagan was that free spending neighbor.

I frequently hear people refer to the "tax and spend Democrats". But what I notice is that "tax" comes first. Democrats have a history of funding their programs with taxes BEFORE they spend the money. Republicans cut taxes and spend, running up huge deficits. Bush Jr. gifted the country with Medicare Part D but the program was completely unfunded and added to his fiscal disaster.

To his credit, Reagan realized his mistake and late in his second term reversed his tax cuts. Too bad Bush Jr. didn't do the same.

What a sad indictment on you and your kind that being fiscally responsible is considered to be "out of touch with this century". You're just an angry, greedy, parasite [MENTION=39138]Liberal[/MENTION].

No.. I am not a parasite, I pay my share. Nice try though. :lol:

Hilarious that you took my blanket statement about ALL policies that you carry and only happened to select one: Fiscal "responsibility", the great Neo-Con MacGuffin.

I do have one question for you though. Since $17 trillion in debt is not enough spending for you (un-fucking-believable by the way), what is the magic number? What is the number when you will lose your fuck'n mind and demand that government stop spending? I've asked every liberal here and have yet to get an answer (I did have one person give me sort of an answer by comparing the debt to GDP ratio of Japan - which is another nation bankrupt and on the verge of collapse - and then extrapolating that out to the U.S. GDP, but they still didn't give an exact number). I eagerly await your avoidance of this question as you know what ever number you put will expose you as the unhinged asshat that you are... :lol:

I know, I know.. You will have the same tired ass responses to this..

But, when we start making the rich (and Corporations) pay their truthfully fair share this will stop being a problem. I do not agree with out of control spending, most Liberals don't, well, except for the fake ones in your "shower arguments".

Just take a look at California ... You know, the 12th largest economy in the world, AND GROWING.

Increased REVENUE and spending cuts (military, various other wastes of money) will fix the problem.

But, I don't expect YOU to agree with me. :eusa_whistle:

Trillons, was it?

:lol:

And you are a math genius are ya?

Yes, and Yes.

What happened to Bush's check to the banks for the bank bailout? Where did that money go?

30% increase across the board in his first year times 5years.

AARA of 2009.

2t and counting.

Need me to buy you a calculator?

Dude you're kind of delusional.

Cleaning up other people's messes isn't adding to anything.

It's cleaning up other people's messes.

I've done it when I reversed engineered other people's code.

Funny..it doesn't seem you have done that..or get the concept.
You keep forgetting. You are a noob compared to me when it comes to engineering. But you can polish my boots boy.

It's sad to read the rabid right-wing posts to this thread. There is little, if any, understanding of basic economics or history. There is certainly no understanding of the role that tax cuts under Reagan and Bush played in creating this mess or Bush's total mismanagement of the economy leading to the global economic crisis.

I remember when Reagan was President watching a political talk show and the Republican commentator was praising Reagan's success in turning around the US economy. At that point I was prepared to give the guy his due. America was clearly prospering.

At that point the Democrat responded that everything Reagan was doing was being paid for with borrowed funds. He said that if your neighbor bought two new cars, completely renovated and redecorated his house, and took vacations to exotic places, he'd appear to you to be prosperous and successful too. But if he had paid for all of this with borrowed funds you would question the wisdom of spending he didn't have. Reagan was that free spending neighbor.

I frequently hear people refer to the "tax and spend Democrats". But what I notice is that "tax" comes first. Democrats have a history of funding their programs with taxes BEFORE they spend the money. Republicans cut taxes and spend, running up huge deficits. Bush Jr. gifted the country with Medicare Part D but the program was completely unfunded and added to his fiscal disaster.

To his credit, Reagan realized his mistake and late in his second term reversed his tax cuts. Too bad Bush Jr. didn't do the same.

ROFL you libs just keep proving why you can't earn a dime doing anything but a government job.

The ball was in the Dems court and they chose the shutdown. They own it. The Repubs approved spending and there is no danger of us defaulting on our debt. The liberals are full of shit and using scare tactics and lies to get even. Just because the Repubs didn't approve of spending for the awful Obamacare was no reason to shut things down and further harm the economy by forcing states to lose money on popular tourist spots.

The ball was in the Dems court and they chose the shutdown. They own it. The Repubs approved spending and there is no danger of us defaulting on our debt. The liberals are full of shit and using scare tactics and lies to get even. Just because the Repubs didn't approve of spending for the awful Obamacare was no reason to shut things down and further harm the economy by forcing states to lose money on popular tourist spots.

What ball? The Republicans promised to repeal the ACA if they won the 2012 elections and they lost. The Republican HR voted 40 times to repeal thumbing their noses at the will of the people, and the Senate turned down those requests to repeal. The Republicans had no support from the people, the Senate or the President for their actions so in refusing to fund the ACA, they had no ball in the first place.

The American people want health care reform and the Republicans have been blocking it since Truman was President. The shutdown is the dying gasp of a party which has lost touch with the people.

Boehner's bluff has been called and he's got nothing.

What ball? The Republicans promised to repeal the ACA if they won the 2012 elections and they lost. The Republican HR voted 40 times to repeal thumbing their noses at the will of the people, and the Senate turned down those requests to repeal. The Republicans had no support from the people, the Senate or the President for their actions so in refusing to fund the ACA, they had no ball in the first place.

The American people want health care reform and the Republicans have been blocking it since Truman was President. The shutdown is the dying gasp of a party which has lost touch with the people.

Boehner's bluff has been called and he's got nothing.

There are many issues when it comes to a national election. This one was more about Obama Phones, SNAP, slut entitlements, and gay marriage than it was about Obama Care.

There is absolutely no point in arguing with the Right about whose fault the shutdown is. Just sit back and, like in 1995, watch the fallout. It was kind of nice, back then, when we were waving, "By-By', to Newt and friends....

The fact that the Right simply is incapable of learning from their mistakes is actually a blessing to the country.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no point in arguing with the Right about whose fault the shutdown is. Just sit back and, like in 1995, watch the fallout. It was kind of nice back then when we were waving, "By-By', to Newt and friends....

You gonna blame Bush again?

Correct. The former will resolve the later.
No it doesn't. If the private sector won't expand its workforce, then the government has to. Once the middle class is back to work, demand will increase and the private sector will start hiring again.

ROFL my apologies for saying you were correct. Didn't mean to piss you off so you could go into some idiotic rant about everything good coming from Government and the private sector being a lag behind the government tit. ROFL

Last edited:
ROFL my apologies for saying you were correct. Didn't mean to piss you off so you could go into some idiotic rant about everything good coming from Government and the private sector being a lag behind the government tit. ROFL
Now you're just making shit up, instead of addressing my point.

Are all Texans as big a pussy as you?

The private sector is sitting on $6 trillion dollars of record profits and still no jobs. They are not going to invest until demand goes up. And 70% of the economy is consumer spending. That's why it is so important to get the middle class back to work.

The private sector is sitting on $6 trillion dollars of record profits and still no jobs. They are not going to invest until demand goes up. And 70% of the economy is consumer spending. That's why it is so important to get the middle class back to work.
You don't have enough IQ to make a point. Why should the middle class go to work with dumb asses like you that are willing to pay them to stay home?

As to your pussy comment. No thanks I'm not interested in having sex with you. Put your meat down or I'll cut it off and feed it to my dogs.

Last edited:
You don't have enough IQ to make a point. Why should the middle class go to work with dumb asses like you that are willing to pay them to stay home?

As to your pussy comment. No thanks I'm not interested in having sex with you. Put your meat down or I'll cut it off and feed it to my dogs.
Now you're just making shit up and responding to things I didn't say.

Is that because you don't have the stones to handle reality?

Looks to me like you need to go down to your local sporting goods store, go over to aisle 5, pick yourself up a set of balls, then come back and argue like a man.

No one is paying anyone to stay home.

That's a myth.

Forum List

Back