Republicans should give up Federal money

I can't think of any federal involvement in state and local issues that has been to the benefit individual states and localities.

Then get out. Stop using or taking anything the Feds are involved in. You can do it. Why are you waiting around for the government to do it for you? YOu really think the they will? Take the kids out of schools that get any federal funding. Don't apply for any federal loans to get your kid to college. Get granny and pa off social security and medicare. You pay for it. It's the only chance you have to prove that your way works. If every conservative did that, we'd have all those red welfare states off our backs in no time and your tax breaks would be undeniable. Stop waiting for government to do it.

Get your filthy goddamned federal interference out of my kids schools.

You have the power to put your kids in a private school. You can home school. You are FREE. Why are you cursing about something that you have the power to change?

Maybe it's because EVERYONE pays for your kids? You can't afford to educate them on your own? What is it? Why don't you get off the government teet and take care of your own? Pay granny and pa's living expenses. Pay their medical bills. Yo have the power to get out from under all this government intrusion.

Then get out. Stop using or taking anything the Feds are involved in. You can do it. Why are you waiting around for the government to do it for you? YOu really think the they will? Take the kids out of schools that get any federal funding. Don't apply for any federal loans to get your kid to college. Get granny and pa off social security and medicare. You pay for it. It's the only chance you have to prove that your way works. If every conservative did that, we'd have all those red welfare states off our backs in no time and your tax breaks would be undeniable. Stop waiting for government to do it.

Ha ha ha,, jackazz,, only when Republicans are excused from paying taxes will that ever happen.

Exactly. You are going to wait around and see if the government will do it for you.

Usual Democratic crap. Take other peoples money and then tell them if they don't like it don't use any programs. And when it is pointed out they PAY taxes as well claim that does not matter they should just not use Government services they are forced to pay for. Hypocrite.

Why don't conservatives and republicans do the one thing that would make them genuine? Why don't they give up the Federal dollars they recieve? Just don't take it. All of the people who carry on about taxes and out of control spending, why don't they just do what a good republican should and pay their own way? If they did, there would be no need to raise any taxes, in fact, we could lower them. You have the power to make your own tax break. Just stop taking anything from the government. That's what you claim to want, government out of your lives but you seem to think you are powerless to do anything about it. You can make it happen. Get your kids in private school or home school. All of you. That would be half the kids in the country. Talk about saving some money! Anyone taking a disability or unemployment check, call in and stop those checks today. All the red welfare states should give up their funding today.

Really, if republicans just practiced what they preached, their would be no debate. They have the power to do exactly what they claim to want.

Fact is, they just want those things for OTHER people. They aren't prepared to actually let go of the things that THEY GET.

What's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine. The Republican slogan.

Here we go, this fallacious argument. If you do not know why it is fallacious then your an idiot, if you do then your a troll.

Nothing false about the argument. Pay for private school. Pay for private retirement. Pay for your parents medical care. Pay for your brothers unemployment. Get off the teet.

Then, you can make you tax argument. As it stands, you don't have a leg to stand on. For a little bit of money, you get a ton of benefits and I don't see any huge movement to give them back. Hwo about a tea bag party for real idependence for thoser that want it. You want to do away with all this federal funding? Why aren't you the first to jump off?

State and local governments fund public schools. Medicare and Social Security are going broke. Unemployment is a problem Barack Obama is creating every time he paints a target on the back of business.

Ha ha ha,, jackazz,, only when Republicans are excused from paying taxes will that ever happen.

Exactly. You are going to wait around and see if the government will do it for you.

Usual Democratic crap. Take other peoples money and then tell them if they don't like it don't use any programs. And when it is pointed out they PAY taxes as well claim that does not matter they should just not use Government services they are forced to pay for. Hypocrite.

The government will do this for you then? That's what you're waiting for? You think "what the hell, everyone else is getting it, I may as well"? That's the republican committment to this? You're going to wait for the government to make the first move? And you actually think that will happen? Good luck.

It's your choice. No one is forcing you to take this money. If you want to reduce spending, cut taxes, you can. You have the power. There are enough conservatives that if they quit talking and actually acted on all this hot air, they could make it happen.

And, by the way, the Federal government prolonged slavery by refusing to allow free states to make free men of runaway slaves.

Did a certain mod move that thread to prove she could pee standing up?

Local public schools don't need federal involvement. Their money is poison.

And you are free to send your kids elsewhere. Or home school. You are not forced to enter your kids there. Get them out.

For the fifth time, state and local governments deal with funding education. The federal government does not need to be involved.

The Federal Government funds public schools directly by about 10%. In addition, if you live in the red, welfare states, your state funding for your schools is subsidized by even more federal money. Red states can't pull their own weight. They have to depend on the federal government.

If I were a proud conservative, I'd be paying my own way before I went on flapping my yapper about personal responsibility.

And you are free to send your kids elsewhere. Or home school. You are not forced to enter your kids there. Get them out.

For the fifth time, state and local governments deal with funding education. The federal government does not need to be involved.

The Federal Government funds public schools directly by about 10%. In addition, if you live in the red, welfare states, your state funding for your schools is subsidized by even more federal money. Red states can't pull their own weight. They have to depend on the federal government.

If I were a proud conservative, I'd be paying my own way before I went on flapping my yapper about personal responsibility.

Then get their money the hell out of the schools. The mandates they impose cost more than the money they spend.

Then get their money the hell out of the schools. The mandates they impose cost more than the money they spend.

But why not just let the people who object fund their own schools? They are the ones who tout personal responsibility, object to the funding. They want to be free of government and THEY CAN BE! All they have to do is pay for it themselves.

Listen, you deaf ass, I already said public schools are an entirely appropriate funciton of state and local government. It's only when the Feds get involved do things get fucked up.

What part of that don't you understand?

Are they going to stop being taxed on top of that?

That is the whole point. If we could get the republicans off the government teet they hate so much, it would translate to big savings, no deficit, lower taxes. They claim they don't need big government to tell them what to do so why are they waiting for government to tell them what to do? Doesn't add up. Just stop taking what you claim not to want. Your taxes will fall, not disappear completely, but they sure won't go up.

The Bank bailut money is a prime example. Those millionaires took that money when it was unconditional but when they were told they couldn't give away to their executives in bonuses they started giving it back. Excellent example. Everyone should follow. Don't like government in your business? Don't take the money. It's the republican creed. Live up to it and you can make it happen instead of waiting around for the government to do it for you.

What about inflation? Republican dollars will lose value with all the money being printed by the Federal Reserve to pay for the bailouts and stimulus package. We can't make their dollars inflation proof.

Listen, you deaf ass, I already said public schools are an entirely appropriate funciton of state and local government. It's only when the Feds get involved do things get fucked up.

What part of that don't you understand?

But they can't afford to pay for it. Your state and your schools have to take money from the federal government.

You, on the other hand, do not have to participate. You are free to pay your own way.

But you're still forced to pay for a "service" you don't use.

Most of the money for schools come from people who aren't using them. I don't have any kids. I still pay. A guy with no drivers license or car still ends up paying for transportation related expenses through taxes. I don't visit national parks but I still pay for them.

If these ideas are actual "values" or true "ideals", why don't conservatives live up to them? An environmentalist who preaches about not using trees for toilet paper but still wipes his but with it everyday is a hypocrite and a moron. If he he'll only stop using it when it's no longer available, but contiues to contribute to demand, well, he's just a fucking idiot. Same as conservatives who whine about taxes but stand around with their hand out, expecting their schools to be good, roads to be good, ma and pa get their medicare and Johnny gets his disability check. They'll stop being part of the demand as soon as the supply runs out.

Fucking idiots.

Truth: The Republican Party comes from the Federalist Party, which claims to believe in "states' rights", but in fact believes in a strong federal government.

Alexander Hamilton is the founding father of what is now called the Republican Party. He believed the elites should be in control and it was his idea that only wealthy land owners should vote and/or participate in government.

Don't be fooled: The Republican Party has always been for federal control. Always.

Wrong. The Republican Party was established to give a voice to those that wanted to keep slavery out of the Western territories, yet try to keep the Union together. They were neither conservatives nor liberals of their day. Few abolitionists, but none from the South.

Forum List

Back