Republicans Response to Colorado Shooting: Cant do nothing

At what point would anyone have known that this young genius was going to crash and burn and go psycho?

Who has that crystal ball? He got a $26K grant, looked like everything was stellar and then his whole life fell apart and he went crazy.

Look at Norway and what happened there? Very strict gun laws and a psycho was still able to carry out mass murder.

If someone wants to commit mass murder, they're going to accomplish their goals whether it's with guns or another type of weapon.

I am not convinced he is psycho. He may just be very evil.

I think he is evil trying to pretend to be psycho.

Simple. He could have been required to talk to a trained professional about the guns he was purchasing. He could have explained why he needed an assault rifle with 6,000 rounds.

Explaining why you need the weapons does not in any way infringe on your rights, and would have saved lives.

Are you living in some world where you think people always answer truthfully to questions? Because unless you are, there is a very easy way to get around your new "obstacle".

You lie.

Let's says someone who wants to commit mass murder of innocent people is asked what he needs an assault rifle with 6000 rounds. If he is thinking this out, what exactly do you think he is going to answer:

1) I am planning to kill alot of innocent people in a movie theatre/schoo/[insert place] massacre.
2) Self - defense
3) I'm a collector
4) Hunting

For some reason, I don't think he is going to answer number 1, do you?

How about instead of trying to force weapons out of the hands of people, you convince them through persuasion not to be violent? Or how about you arm yourself and take responsibility for your own defense rather than putting that responsibility on someone else?

Simple. He could have been required to talk to a trained professional about the guns he was purchasing. He could have explained why he needed an assault rifle with 6,000 rounds.

Explaining why you need the weapons does not in any way infringe on your rights, and would have saved lives.

Are you living in some world where you think people always answer truthfully to questions? Because unless you are, there is a very easy way to get around your new "obstacle".

You lie.

Let's says someone who wants to commit mass murder of innocent people is asked what he needs an assault rifle with 6000 rounds. If he is thinking this out, what exactly do you think he is going to answer:

1) I am planning to kill alot of innocent people in a movie theatre/schoo/[insert place] massacre.
2) Self - defense
3) I'm a collector
4) Hunting

How about instead of trying to force weapons out of the hands of people, you convince them through persuasion not to be violent? Or how about you arm yourself and take responsibility for your own defense rather than putting that responsibility on someone else?

So the solution you propose is, in part, arm yourself to deter a shooting?

Archie Bunker on Gun Control - YouTube

You lie.

2) Self - defense
3) I'm a collector
4) Hunting

The solution I propose is taking responsibility for oneself.

You lie.

2) Self - defense
3) I'm a collector
4) Hunting

The solution I propose is taking responsibility for oneself.

Yes, you said, "arm yourself and take responsibility for your own defense rather than putting that responsibility on someone else."

So is it enough to simply have your husband carry an Uzi or should the misses have to carry one too? What about the kids...should they be "responsible" too and carry weapons?

There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Nothing...Do nothing...Nothing could be done....and nothing should be done.

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

When a guy can order 6,000 rounds of ammunition on the Internet, an alarm should go off.

There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

When a guy can order 6,000 rounds of ammunition on the Internet, an alarm should go off.

One would think...

I can't help but notice you didn't provide any solutions to that question either. Could that be because background checks were run on this guy and outside of one speeding ticket he had a spotless background? Sometimes bad people will do bad things and when someone with a background as clean as his and as determined as he was decides to do something like this unless you get lucky there is little that can be done to stop them. So please tell us how you would prevent someone like this from pulling another attack like this off in the future.

Of course he has no solution. There is none.

No way will the American people allow their guns to be taken. Won't happen.

This bozo came up clean on a records check so there was no reason not to sell him anything he wanted. Shit happens and will continue to happen aka guns. There are looney, evil and just plain bad people out there who will continue to kill.

One has to wonder what would have happend had this nutjob tried this in a Texas movie theatre??

I tend to believe half the audience would have pulled their guns and blown that fucker to hell where he belongs.

I know of 12 people who were murdered, and I can tell you that them being armed wouldn't have done a damned thing.

Post pics from your crystal ball.

I don't have to.

If every adult in that theatre was armed, more people would have died because a bunch of hero wannabes would have been firing off shot after shot and people would have been caught in the crossfire.

You Americans are not calm in a stressful or frightening situation...just listen to the flight tape from flight 93 on 9/11.

:lol: You believe anything someone tells you Dave. This is proof of that :lol:
I asked him if you said it.

Did you, or didn't you?

And if you say you didn't, I apparently don't have to believe it. Right?

Oh yeah, you didnt fall for it at all. I'll tell you because as you stated normal people wouldnt believe me.

No I didnt say that and you believed it like a good rube does
What makes you feel normal people believe anything you say anyhow? :confused:

I can't help but notice you didn't provide any solutions to that question either. Could that be because background checks were run on this guy and outside of one speeding ticket he had a spotless background? Sometimes bad people will do bad things and when someone with a background as clean as his and as determined as he was decides to do something like this unless you get lucky there is little that can be done to stop them. So please tell us how you would prevent someone like this from pulling another attack like this off in the future.

This bozo came up clean on a records check so there was no reason not to sell him anything he wanted. Shit happens and will continue to happen aka guns. There are looney, evil and just plain bad people out there who will continue to kill.

One has to wonder what would have happend had this nutjob tried this in a Texas movie theatre??

I tend to believe half the audience would have pulled their guns and blown that fucker to hell where he belongs.

Sorry but that is an idiotic statement.

So is it safe to assume that you think nothing can be done (I agree) and no measures should be taken to mitigate it (I disagree)?

People who want to commit crimes WILL commit crimes.

No criminal was ever deterred by a gun-free zone sign.

Liberal-Fantasy.jpg

Now what steps do you think should be taken to mitigate it? Bear in mind disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't think so.

Don't think so.

A lot of the audience are teens. But I guess in consere-istan; teens would be encouraged to carry weapons to theaters as well as adults?

Forum List

Back