Republicans Response to Colorado Shooting: Cant do nothing

If you can find any idea of what can be done to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people I'd love to see it. So far not too many righties have even attempted to answer. Trust...I've asked several times.

Your solution is taking guns out of the hands of everyone. Tell me how that is going to keep them out of the hands of people that are going to misuse them and you can then demand I come up with a solution, until them all you can do is pretend you have a point.

Thats not my solution...shit you have a hard enough time coming up with your own thoughts let alone someone elses. Feel Free to answer the question :badgrin:

Why should I answer it?

Wait I know, you dont want to take all guns away, you'll allow super soakers! How noble!

^^Shouldve stopped after "I know". It obvious you know nothing besides the forks can put out your eye if mommy doesnt put a cork on the end

Nope, I love it when you want to just get rid of this and just get rid of that. So you want to get rid of what? And then no matter how many other shootings, you're not gonna demand getting rid of any other guns? Not buying it for a minute.

It reminds me of when liberals want to put in "temporary" taxes and 60 years later, we still got em

like the liberal Temporary Bush tax cuts? Please clean up after you head explodes and you realize that Bush was no liberal. easy clean up...not much in that head anyway

who, specifically, said do nothing? I think everyone in the theater should sue the crap out of cinemark over their no guns policy.

if you can find any idea of what can be done to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people i'd love to see it. So far not too many righties have even attempted to answer. Trust...i've asked several times.
what's the magic number of gun control laws that need to be enacted before criminals start obeying them?

Gun control disarms law-abiding citizens and turns them into potential victims.

What advice does the radical left have for the republican majority in congress? Suspend the 2nd amendment and the rule of law? The hypocrite SOB's seem to admire Obama's political guru Bill Ayers who terrorized Americans for a decade and is criminally responsible for the deaths of his comrades who were making a bomb intended to murder Soldiers at a Ft. Dix dance. Leftie hypocrites ignore the obstruction of the investigation conducted by Congress into the murder of a Border Patrol agent and perhaps hundreds of innocent Mexican civilians murdered with the weapons supplied by the US government and authorized by the attorney general. Radical lefties aren't looking for the root cause of the theater shooting anymore than they are looking for the root cause of the jihad Army Major murdering his own men. I forgot which democrat said it but it seems that the democrat party will "never let a crisis or a tragedy go to waste" if they can make a political issue about it.

There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Nothing...Do nothing...Nothing could be done....and nothing should be done.

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

Wrong, the only legal solution is for you to support an Amendment to remove the 2nd. And then get it passed. I notice none of you are suggesting actually admitting to law abiding citizens that they should be disarmed by the Government.
Gun-Control.jpg

Simple. He could have been required to talk to a trained professional about the guns he was purchasing. He could have explained why he needed an assault rifle with 6,000 rounds.

Explaining why you need the weapons does not in any way infringe on your rights, and would have saved lives.

That dos infringe. You see if the right to privacy allows abortion then the same supposed right keeps the Government from asking me why I want to buy a weapon.

Infringe means to limit. Having someone talk with a trained professional in no way limits the person's right or ability to buy the weapon. In fact, the person could even say they don't want to talk about it ... but wouldn't that be suspicious. "I want an assault rifle and 6,000 rounds and I don't want to discuss why I want it."

Abortion is a bad example, because in order to get one, a woman is required to talk with her doctor. She can't go to an abortion show in Texas and get one.

Why have him talk to anyone if the person he is talking to cannot stop him? Why would exercising your 5th Amendment rights suspicions?

Simple. He could have been required to talk to a trained professional about the guns he was purchasing. He could have explained why he needed an assault rifle with 6,000 rounds.

Explaining why you need the weapons does not in any way infringe on your rights, and would have saved lives.

Target shooting, collection and personal protection.

I passed my background check.

Yup. Nice and easy to say when you're sane. It's the insane people we would want to look out for.

You don't know much about insane people, do you?

The liberal Dumocraps' response to the Aurora shootings: We CAN do something completely irrelevant and dishonest and ultimately ineffectual. Yes. We can use this tragedy to once again try to put the nix on personal ownership of guns!

obama-clinton-gun-control-works-experts-agree-sad-hill-news.jpg

Those guys are so different, my liberal professors told me of the nuanced differences in their economic systems......

...and how America would be so much better off if we got rid of eeeeevil KKKapitalism and adopted one of their systems, I'll bet. :cool:

Really? He told that fat flaming whopper of a lie?

Did he really expect normal people to believe him?

:lol: You believe anything someone tells you Dave. This is proof of that :lol:
I asked him if you said it.

Did you, or didn't you?

And if you say you didn't, I apparently don't have to believe it. Right?

Oh yeah, you didnt fall for it at all. I'll tell you because as you stated normal people wouldnt believe me.

No I didnt say that and you believed it like a good rube does

There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

“For every problem there is a solution which is simple, clean and wrong.”

H.L.Mencken

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

I'm certainly not sponsoring the idea but the only way that our elected officials will come to their senses and solve this problem is when some of their kids die a very painful death at the barrel of a legally purchased firearm. And I mean the kids of elected officials who have serious influence. Hell a member of congress was gunned down not far from here; congress did nothing but hold a moment of silence.

The 2nd Amendment was written before there was street lights by men who just lived through a revolution that had no (or not much of one) a standing professional military. That same police cadet mentioned earlier could tell you that there is no need for a member of the public to have assault weapons.

That dos infringe. You see if the right to privacy allows abortion then the same supposed right keeps the Government from asking me why I want to buy a weapon.

Infringe means to limit. Having someone talk with a trained professional in no way limits the person's right or ability to buy the weapon. In fact, the person could even say they don't want to talk about it ... but wouldn't that be suspicious. "I want an assault rifle and 6,000 rounds and I don't want to discuss why I want it."

Abortion is a bad example, because in order to get one, a woman is required to talk with her doctor. She can't go to an abortion show in Texas and get one.

Murder is illegal -- but people still commit it.

Theft is illegal -- but people still commit it.

Rape is illegal -- but people still commit it.

What do you propose to do about it? Now's your chance to show off your deep problem solving skills.

So is it safe to assume that you think nothing can be done (I agree) and no measures should be taken to mitigate it (I disagree)?

Liberals response is always to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.

No one can predict when a crazy person is going to act out. Criminals and those determined will always find a way to obtain weapons. Of course, people are murdered daily in the cities by gangs and no one on the left is out there asking what can be done about that. But Holmes is a white guy who had guns and therefore it's politically correct to focus on this.

The answer is to get serious about crime. Get the illegal weapons off the streets. Not so easy to do that and that is why the liberals will focus on getting the legal weapons out of people's hands.

Liberals response is always to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.

No one can predict when a crazy person is going to act out. Criminals and those determined will always find a way to obtain weapons. Of course, people are murdered daily in the cities by gangs and no one on the left is out there asking what can be done about that. But Holmes is a white guy who had guns and therefore it's politically correct to focus on this.

The answer is to get serious about crime. Get the illegal weapons off the streets. Not so easy to do that and that is why the liberals will focus on getting the legal weapons out of people's hands.

I haven't followed the reporting very closely on this tragedy in Aurora.

My question to you is this and I promise you this isn't a "gotcha" or "loaded" question.

Did the guy who allegedly committed the shootings--the dude with orange hair--commit a crime prior to firing the weapons?

You don't need weapons to cause serious harm to others.

Why do you presume the solution to this problem is the government? What government, free or otherwise, in the history of the world has ever successfully kept weapons out of the hands of evil people? How is keeping weapons out of the hands of good people going to make things better?

Seriously, what do you expect the government to do?

The problem isnt with the government not doing enough. The problem here is with our culture. We are encouraging people to be evil. We aren't teaching them what good is. What's worse is a majority of us aren't being good. We've become so corrupted that we don't even recognize how bad we are. We are so dark that we don't comprehend the light.

Stop assuming that government is going to fix all the problems that can possibly happen in life. Prepare to take action and responsibility for yourselves and your love ones instead of passing that burden onto some bureaucrat or politician who doesnt give a damn about you or your loved ones.

There are lots of things we can do as individuals to make society better. We can start by governing ourselves and encouraging others to do the same and teaching them how to.

BTW Can't do nothing is a double negative. Your title is essentially arguing that Republicans are saying "Can do something."

The people of Colorado seem to think that buying more guns will solve their problems.

At what point would anyone have known that this young genius was going to crash and burn and go psycho?

Who has that crystal ball? He got a $26K grant, looked like everything was stellar and then his whole life fell apart and he went crazy.

Look at Norway and what happened there? Very strict gun laws and a psycho was still able to carry out mass murder.

If someone wants to commit mass murder, they're going to accomplish their goals whether it's with guns or another type of weapon.

I am not convinced he is psycho. He may just be very evil.

Forum List

Back