Republicans: Healthcare worse for Americans than 9-11

Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

Are you afraid yet?

Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) claimed on Monday that health care reform is a bigger threat than terrorism -- the latest incendiary comment from a Republican lawmaker on the supposedly dire consequences of the legislation.

Speaking on the House floor, the North Carolina lawmaker said:

Everywhere I go in my district, people tell me they are frightened. ... I share that fear, and I believe they should be fearful. And I believe the greatest fear that we all should have to our freedom comes from this room -- this very room -- and what may happen later this week in terms of a tax increase bill masquerading as a health care bill. I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country.Foxx's attack comes just days after Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz.) said that the health care reform is an issue more important "than the impeachment of President Clinton or even 9/11 and the decision to go to war."

Read more at: Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

So--the DNC are trying to pass a "Weapon of Mass Destruction" as a reform??

Hmmm---hey, Isn't there leader Hussein? How ironic, yes?

Last edited:
Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) claimed on Monday that health care reform is a bigger threat than terrorism -- the latest incendiary comment from a Republican lawmaker on the supposedly dire consequences of the legislation.

Well, didn;t Obama pretty much declare the terrorosm threat to be highly overrrated?

And BTW... some of us see this move to takeover the healthcare industry as pretty damned ominous.

Some wonder why the need to turn 1/6 of the U.S. economy on it's head for the benefit of 10 million citizens. There is much more to this than meets the eye.

I hear they are even going to screen you at the airport for your healthcare card

Pass healthcare....the terrorists win

I hear they are even going to screen you at the airport for your healthcare card

As long as I don't have to take my shoes off.

Why not? Remember that guy that tried to set his shoe on fire over in the UK? The al Qaeda following Shoe bomber??

I wonder will they give you a pedicure while they search your sole for explosives.....:tongue:

If they pass anything that has a public option in it we are so screwed. By we, I mean the taxpayers. This is just another way to spread the wealth. You know. Take money from the folks that earn it and give it to those that didn't. Makes my blood boil. The bill they are looking at right now is full of cuts and hidden taxes and God knows what else is inside that 2,000 page document? This is scary stuff and the Clowns in DC haven't even read it.

Then we get to the part where the Federal Govt, that can't run anything cheaply or efficiently will be running healthcare for all of us. They say we can choose but what insurance company can compete with the Govt? Before you know it, we will all be in the public system. Where Pelosi and her left wing loon friends think the Govt can run 1/6th of our economy is beyond me. Of course the govt is exempted from the whole thing, That says it all for me. If this Public option is so great then our elected leaders should be the first ones front and center to take advantage of it. Oh yeah. These people are nuts. The only thing wrong with our system is the rising cost. Take out the regs, open the entire country up to all the insurance companies. Let them compete against each other. The free market will work if they only let it. Prices would go down because Myself and every other el cheapo person and company in the country will be looking for the best coverage we can get at the lowest cost. Thats just common sense. Something that they have none of in DC.

You are such an idiot!!! The CEO of United Healthcare makes 102,000 dollars an hour!! What can he possibly do that is worth it??

What is wrong with sharing the wealth?? Should 3 quarters of the work force in america work harder than Joe CEO up there and barely make minimum wage, which you morons don't want to give a raise to either..

What do you have against American workers?? Or is it that you support slavery and really don't want to pay them at all??

Is healthcare a right or a privilege? I see it as a right and something that our government should provide, like a fire department, police department, a highway system, a post office.. Can you imagine how much it would cost to ship something if UPS didn't have to compete with the USPS?? Or had you morons considered that?

Bottom line is this!! You are against fair wages for all.. You try working 20 hours or more a week and barely make enough to feed your family.. While management plays golf 3 days a week and pays themselves handsomely.. How bout tying CEO pay to the workers?? We need to share the wealth... That will help the economy.. It will also mean that more taxes will collected because the middle class is making money again.. Which would also mean no tax increase to pay for healthcare.. Or had you morons thought of that??

Health care is not a privilege for those that can pay for it.. It is a right for all!! Get used to it or move to another country.. We won the civil war, get used to it.. Pay your freaken employees and give them a raise..

If you love America then you do what is best for the American people and not just the rich and big business.. If you are a patriot then you vote for the people of this nation and what is better for them..

There is nothing unconstitutional about the health care bill.. We are required to by car insurance.. There is no difference..

Be a patriot.. Vote for your fellow americans..

Does it bother you that the Iraqi people have better healthcare than most americans?? Does it bother you that we paid in blood to give them that healthcare??

Rebuttlicans are worse than Terrorists.. Bin laden, (who is still roaming free) killed just over 3000 people in 9/11.. You have killed over 4000 and counting and accomplished nothing of benefit to this nation..

Last edited:

Well, didn;t Obama pretty much declare the terrorosm threat to be highly overrrated?

And BTW... some of us see this move to takeover the healthcare industry as pretty damned ominous.

Obama called it man made disaters, no?

It's not a war in Afghanistan, its the Overseas Contingency Operation against perpetrators of Manmade Disasters

I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country

Worse than any terrorist in any country...

Why do we have our Army fighting in Afghanistan? They should be back here fighting healthcare

The OathKeepers have their eye on the "...all enemies foreign or domestic" ball

Having a Congress that says they have the Constitutional authority to FORCE people to buy health care IS worse than a terrorist attack.

It's an attack on the basic framework of our country and is the institution of Tyranny

Right. Because I'd much rather have my head cut-off than have health insurance available when I need it.

P.S. you people are complete morons

Having a Congress that says they have the Constitutional authority to FORCE people to buy health care IS worse than a terrorist attack.

It's an attack on the basic framework of our country and is the institution of Tyranny

Right. Because I'd much rather have my head cut-off than have health insurance available when I need it.

I'm pretty sure health insurance is not going to help reattach your head.

I'm pretty sure health insurance is not going to help reattach your head.

Wow you must be a genius

If they pass anything that has a public option in it we are so screwed. By we, I mean the taxpayers. This is just another way to spread the wealth. You know. Take money from the folks that earn it and give it to those that didn't. Makes my blood boil. The bill they are looking at right now is full of cuts and hidden taxes and God knows what else is inside that 2,000 page document? This is scary stuff and the Clowns in DC haven't even read it.

Then we get to the part where the Federal Govt, that can't run anything cheaply or efficiently will be running healthcare for all of us. They say we can choose but what insurance company can compete with the Govt? Before you know it, we will all be in the public system. Where Pelosi and her left wing loon friends think the Govt can run 1/6th of our economy is beyond me. Of course the govt is exempted from the whole thing, That says it all for me. If this Public option is so great then our elected leaders should be the first ones front and center to take advantage of it. Oh yeah. These people are nuts. The only thing wrong with our system is the rising cost. Take out the regs, open the entire country up to all the insurance companies. Let them compete against each other. The free market will work if they only let it. Prices would go down because Myself and every other el cheapo person and company in the country will be looking for the best coverage we can get at the lowest cost. Thats just common sense. Something that they have none of in DC.

You are such an idiot!!! The CEO of United Healthcare makes 102,000 dollars an hour!! What can he possibly do that is worth it??

What is wrong with sharing the wealth?? Should 3 quarters of the work force in america work harder than Joe CEO up there and barely make minimum wage, which you morons don't want to give a raise to either..

What do you have against American workers?? Or is it that you support slavery and really don't want to pay them at all??

Is healthcare a right or a privilege? I see it as a right and something that our government should provide, like a fire department, police department, a highway system, a post office.. Can you imagine how much it would cost to ship something if UPS didn't have to compete with the USPS?? Or had you morons considered that?

Bottom line is this!! You are against fair wages for all.. You try working 20 hours or more a week and barely make enough to feed your family.. While management plays golf 3 days a week and pays themselves handsomely.. How bout tying CEO pay to the workers?? We need to share the wealth... That will help the economy.. It will also mean that more taxes will collected because the middle class is making money again.. Which would also mean no tax increase to pay for healthcare.. Or had you morons thought of that??

Health care is not a privilege for those that can pay for it.. It is a right for all!! Get used to it or move to another country.. We won the civil war, get used to it.. Pay your freaken employees and give them a raise..

If you love America then you do what is best for the American people and not just the rich and big business.. If you are a patriot then you vote for the people of this nation and what is better for them..

There is nothing unconstitutional about the health care bill.. We are required to by car insurance.. There is no difference..

Be a patriot.. Vote for your fellow americans..

Does it bother you that the Iraqi people have better healthcare than most americans?? Does it bother you that we paid in blood to give them that healthcare??

Rebuttlicans are worse than Terrorists.. Bin laden, (who is still roaming free) killed just over 3000 people in 9/11.. You have killed over 4000 and counting and accomplished nothing of benefit to this nation..

How much was UnitedHealth worth when he got there? How much is it worth now? If you've looked up the answer to both those questions, you should know the answer to yours. He did that.

Why do you spread lies to impoverish yourself and your fellow citizens? Doesn't it bother you to sell yourself and everyone else into ever-lasting subjugation? Clearly not.

Well, at least we have socialized medicine for our veterans, much to the chagrin of conservatives.

And our elderly.

And our children.

I think the right just doesn't want to see middle-aged americans get socialized medicine. Apparently socialized medicine for middle aged American = TERRORISM - but giving it to our seniors is OK.

Well, at least we have socialized medicine for our veterans, much to the chagrin of conservatives.

And our elderly.

And our children.

I think the right just doesn't want to see middle-aged americans get socialized medicine. Apparently socialized medicine for middle aged American = TERRORISM - but giving it to our seniors is OK.

Not to worry, Ezekiel Emanuel has Obama's Final Solution to our Elderly problem

Forum List

Back