80% happy with their healthcare?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by LilOlLady, Nov 3, 2009.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +762
    80% HAPPY WITH THEIR HEALTHCARE?

How can people be happy with the high premiums, co-payments, deductibles, have to chose from a network of doctors and hospitals, no choice of healthcare plan but what their employers select for them, do not cover exiting illness, will drop you if you get a major illness and cost them too much, will not cover your child in college or you disabled child and will deny services? If you are happy with this, KEEP IT but there are those who are not happy and those who cannot afford the high cost of private healthcare even though they are working every day.
    Healthcare for those who do not have is going to cost and no matter what the cost or who has to pay it, WE OWE IT TO OUR FELLOW AMERICANS. We, at the least, do it for those who are not in this country legally and putting their American born children in our healthcare system and we have to pay even though we cannot afford it for our own children. To care for our poor is going to cost money and lots of money and if we cut spending, we cut services to those who need it the most and we all know what happens when we do not take care of our own.

2. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I would be happy to pay more in taxes to make sure that the poor get health insurance just don't let the government be the carrier. Add them to Medicare or Medicaid if you want, but don't let the government control everyone's healthcare. Don't let the government drive the private insurers out of business and become the ONLY provider. They have already shown what shitty jobs they do on other social programs. We can't afford to have them screw this up.

Immie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    you are free to buy your health care from whomever you like....you do not have to use your employers program....nor does your employer have to pay for it for you.....tell them you want to opt out and go buy your own....

if you can't affod that apply for the low income medicare / medicade option....

or you can wait till the government taxes everyone else so you can have yours for free....

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yep. I agree with that. I am happy to pay to assist those who truly cannot help themselves. Government - as has been proved time and again - are not competent. Nowhere on earth does Government run healthcare truly work. They fuck up everything they touch.

What I won't do is pay for illegal aliens or people who can afford it and choose not to.

Also, the US leads the world in medical innovation - that happens because there is money in that innovation. If we lose that, where will the future innovations in medicine come from?

5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816

The key word being YOU

Hence.. you should then have nothing against your own voluntary contributions to charities that then hand out necessary health care to 'needy' or 'wanty' individuals....

But in no way are those individuals owed something for their personal well being at the expense of someone else's personal freedoms

The government has no business as a sole provider of this service.. and it has no business in the redistribution of wealth called for to provide it

6. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I did say: "I"

I did not say that I felt others had to do the same or think the same as I do.

Unfortunately, the little bit I have to give won't go all that far. :(

Agreed, not owed, but I, again with the I, would rather provide for the needy than see the needy dead or dying for lack of help.

Once again, I agree on both counts.

Immie

7. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,543
    You DO know that Medicare and Medicaid are government programs, right?

8. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Anyone know if the new plan requires drug tests to get the free health care? If not then count me out... You liberals can pay for your drug buddy's health insurance but I'm not going to do it.....I guess that's why the government is trying to force us to pay for it.... Great Government we have!

9. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,543
    It's not free healthcare. People will pay premiums, according to their ability.
    Free healthcare is the con talking point though.

10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Absolutely, however, they are not the universal plans that the Democrats are attempting to force down our throats. They are government assistance programs for the needy. The public option plans being discussed today are out and out attempts to take over the Health Insurance industry and remove all competition from that market opening the door for full government control of all of our health insurance needs.

Immie