Republicans: Healthcare worse for Americans than 9-11

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

Are you afraid yet?

Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.) claimed on Monday that health care reform is a bigger threat than terrorism -- the latest incendiary comment from a Republican lawmaker on the supposedly dire consequences of the legislation.

Speaking on the House floor, the North Carolina lawmaker said:

Everywhere I go in my district, people tell me they are frightened. ... I share that fear, and I believe they should be fearful. And I believe the greatest fear that we all should have to our freedom comes from this room -- this very room -- and what may happen later this week in terms of a tax increase bill masquerading as a health care bill. I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country.Foxx's attack comes just days after Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz.) said that the health care reform is an issue more important "than the impeachment of President Clinton or even 9/11 and the decision to go to war."

Read more at: Virginia Foxx: Health Care Reform Is A Bigger Threat Than "Any Terrorist Right Now In Any Country" (VIDEO)

Having a Congress that says they have the Constitutional authority to FORCE people to buy health care IS worse than a terrorist attack.

It's an attack on the basic framework of our country and is the institution of Tyranny

1) Huffuington post... complete biased fishwrap used as backup... epic fail
2) Attacks on the constitution, such as this 'healthcare reform' are dangerous to the country... there is no other way to simply state it
3) Added security in our country has indeed lessened threat levels for terrorist attacks

Would I have personally put those things together in that context?? Nope.... I simply would have said that this 'socialized medicine', 'healthcare reform', 'government option', or whatever else you wish to call it today is a danger to the personal freedoms we have as citizens and is directly against what was intended in the Constitution for our government to do....

She does not have to even link it to 911 and just leave it for what it is: the latest Democrat offensive on our founding principles

Republicans would rather have 3000 Americans killed by terrorists than 40,000 Americans saved by healthcare.

Shows where their priorities lie

Having a Congress that says they have the Constitutional authority to FORCE people to buy health care IS worse than a terrorist attack.

It's an attack on the basic framework of our country and is the institution of Tyranny

What about those that want health care but can't afford it?

If you need the government to pay for your healthcare, go on welfare.

You get 100% coverage.

If you need the government to pay for your healthcare, go on welfare.

You get 100% coverage.

What about those that want health care but can't afford it?

Get a second or third motherfucking job... get training and advance in your job... if you feel you need more help, approach the various charitable foundations that VOLUNTARILY offer help.. but when it comes down to it; your personal care, your personal responsibility

Republicans would rather have 3000 Americans killed by terrorists than 40,000 Americans saved by healthcare.

Shows where their priorities lie

Nice stretch there armstrong

stretch-armstrong.jpg

Nobody wants any American to die in a terrorist attack...

and nobody wishes hardship on others.... but you are not owed something for your own personal care of your non-public domain body, at the expense of anyone else's personal freedoms

It's funny how liberals bitch about FOX News being biased, but eagerly gobble up the pandering garbage Huffington Post puts out.

Libruls aren't too fucking bright; many of them don't even know how far Left they actually are.

It's funny how liberals bitch about FOX News being biased, but eagerly gobble up the pandering garbage Huffington Post puts out.

No pandering here..

Its a direct quote from Rep Foxx

Are you disputing that she said it??

I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country

Worse than any terrorist in any country...

Why do we have our Army fighting in Afghanistan? They should be back here fighting healthcare

If they pass anything that has a public option in it we are so screwed. By we, I mean the taxpayers. This is just another way to spread the wealth. You know. Take money from the folks that earn it and give it to those that didn't. Makes my blood boil. The bill they are looking at right now is full of cuts and hidden taxes and God knows what else is inside that 2,000 page document? This is scary stuff and the Clowns in DC haven't even read it.

Then we get to the part where the Federal Govt, that can't run anything cheaply or efficiently will be running healthcare for all of us. They say we can choose but what insurance company can compete with the Govt? Before you know it, we will all be in the public system. Where Pelosi and her left wing loon friends think the Govt can run 1/6th of our economy is beyond me. Of course the govt is exempted from the whole thing, That says it all for me. If this Public option is so great then our elected leaders should be the first ones front and center to take advantage of it. Oh yeah. These people are nuts. The only thing wrong with our system is the rising cost. Take out the regs, open the entire country up to all the insurance companies. Let them compete against each other. The free market will work if they only let it. Prices would go down because Myself and every other el cheapo person and company in the country will be looking for the best coverage we can get at the lowest cost. Thats just common sense. Something that they have none of in DC.

Forum List

Back