Republicans Hate Babies, schoolchildren, the elderly, unemployed, welfare, immigrants

Well, Uncensored2008, the human race is what it is, but by uniting after the Civil War, Americans decided to establish a better peace that wasn't going well until General Eisenhower became President Eisenhower and prepared us for a future of better race relations that gradually changed with improved laws.

Even so, in a Republic with many interests yelling "I'm here" at the same time, things do get a little dicey at times.

Right now, we have an administration that started in with the decimation of the oil industry as its "enemy" which shut down thousands of jobs in the southern reaches of the US, not to mention the tens of thousands of jobs everywhere in both the tourist and the transportation industries that depended on inexpensive gasoline for tourist cash. Also felled by this monumental blunder were associated folks in the local entertainment, police, educational, and communities of developed historical consequence areas that have traditionally educated the public to natural beauty or a significant battleground, ocean museum, Indian trading post, Las Vegas, and other areas directly dependent on tourism.

That punitive measure against energy enterprises crud has gotta go. The only ones who can get rid of the problem may have to be associates from both aisles to cure any idea you can wipe out free enterprise and still magically have prosperity. That ain't ever gonna happen on this side of the Jordan, so to speak.

The jobs market will not improve until this nation faces the music: you cannot pull the carpet out from under the local oil people by forcing America into deeper dependence on Arab oil, just because they do not fund your political campaign. If you do such a stupid thing, you will be raising prices through the roof to the advantage of people steeping themselves into religious practices in which their best doing is to behead an American and any one of several dozen countries who made up the Allied Forces in WWII, of which we played a role.

Government here was not established to be touchy feely in its makeup. To the contrary reality bites, and you have to engage the outside world and make sure there is a level playing field or America will be bitten.

That's enough of my opinion for the day, hope you have a thoughtful one. :)

Hi Becki;

Good post. i don't agree with some of it, but it's well thought out and nicely presented.

I think there is a lot more to this than just the oil companies. EPA and other regulators have been waging a 40 year war on American manufacturing. They "won" that war and defeated the manufacturing sector, driving them from our shores.

Oil is just the latest assault on the American infrastructure and economy.

Modern Republicans place political party in front of country, and are as UnAmerican as it comes. Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave at what the party he rebuilt has become. Sad:(

Do you honestly have the nerve to write that when this board is inundated with lefties such as TDM, rdean, Bfgrn and Mr. Shaman? People who do not have an unbiased bone in their bodies and have no concept of country beyond party?

Immie

Last edited:
Modern Republicans place political party in front of country, and are as UnAmerican as it comes. Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave at what the party he rebuilt has become. Sad:(

Do you honestly have the nerve to write that when this board is inundated with lefties such as TDM, rdean, Bfgrn and Mr. Shaman? People who do not have an unbiased bone in their bodies and have no concept of country beyond party?

Immie

What is one example, to you middleclass, of republicans putting party before country.

Im just curious as to your opinion, i'm wondering if your going to say the same thing I'm thinking.

Republicans Hate Babies, schoolchildren, the elderly, unemployed, welfare, immigrants

Am I a good liberal lemming now?
No.....but, you damned-near sounded educated/experienced.​

“One clear policy implication is, the idea of nobless oblige or trickle-down economics, certain versions of it, is bull,” Keltner said. “Our data say you cannot rely on the wealthy to give back. The ‘thousand points of light’—this rise of compassion in the wealthy to fix all the problems of society—is improbable, psychologically.”

Forum List

Back