Republicans, give President Obama a fair shake.

Republicans don't have a say in the matter. The Democrats run Congress. If things go great, they can take credit. If things go wrong, they have to take the blame.

I can promise you this much. Even tho I will not think of him as my President (until he proves me wrong) because of his Marxist theology I will never publicly mock him in front of the whole world.

willow.....i don't want to put enmity between us....you have every right to your feelings on this....i can't guarantee obama will earn your respect, heck....i don't know if he will be anything different from what we have had over the last half century....i can only hope he will, only time will tell...

care

willow.....i don't want to put enmity between us....you have every right to your feelings on this....i can't guarantee obama will earn your respect, heck....i don't know if he will be anything different from what we have had over the last half century....i can only hope he will, only time will tell...

care

neither do any of us. My guess, he'll be 'different' alright. Be careful, no pun intended, what you wish for. History started yesterday.

Republicans don't have a say in the matter. The Democrats run Congress. If things go great, they can take credit. If things go wrong, they have to take the blame.
Exactly, which is what is so perfect about this situation. Liberal policies, especially fiscal ones, always fail dramatically, which will in turn drive the pendulum very far right.

I survived Carter, and I'll survive Obama in good spirits. To prove that I have a new glock-quote for y'all to consider:

"The First Kenyan President, of the United States."

care

not to worry. I disagree with you but I respect you.

Exactly, which is what is so perfect about this situation. Liberal policies, especially fiscal ones, always fail dramatically, which will in turn drive the pendulum very far right.

I survived Carter, and I'll survive Obama in good spirits. To prove that I have a new glock-quote for y'all to consider:

"The First Kenyan President, of the United States."

True. I know the Democrats don't want to hear this, but facts are facts:

"History shows if you want your stock portfolio to increase at a rate of 20 percent per year, make sure Republicans control Congress; but if you want your portfolio only to increase 6 percent per year, go with the Democrats."

Taking Stock of the Parties

Very possible, buy like Palin, he needs more experience. I don't know if either will be ready in 2012.

Palin can not hold a candle to Jindal. Jindal holds his party rightfully accountable, if the republican party wants to be taken serious they need to follow their principles. If you watch his interview on Hannity he is very level headed and realistic. Palin on the other hand blames the media or elite every time she is questioned. You cannot run on reform when the senior member of your party in the senate in convicted of 7 felony convictions. You cannot run on conservative fiscal policy when you push 300billion dollar bailouts for foreclosed mortgages or a refundable tax credit. It violates all the supposed principles of conservative policy.

Nor I. I'll wait for action before I judge. So far he sounds like a black baptist preacher. He can quit politicking now and tell us all about the details of thing change he is offering. and please--no more tax BS.

The things he can get done are not so much the things he wants to do.

He simply is NOT going get health care reform. That is as undoable as meaningful Social Security reform.

He will NOT "end the war" in Iraq. First off, the war is pretty much over, and second, the troops will come out pretty much on schedule they are already on, the reality of the security and political situation will drive that.

Closely related to that, he will NOT "bring home the troops". He will simply redeploy most to Afghanistan.

Tax policy? Not going to do much there either. The economic reality will dictate about all he can do is let the Bush cuts expire and not much else. There will be no massive restructuring of the tax code.

So what CAN he do?

Immigration reform. Chance now to get comprehensive reform because it doesn't cost that much and so long as it's reasonable, Republicans would have difficulty blocking it in the Senate.

Remove executive orders and administrative obstructions to Stem Cell research.

If he wants to really send a CHANGE message to Congress simply leave in place the Bush executive order to refuse funding earmarks set to take effect in January. A "mini" line item veto that is entirely legal.

Press for something that captures the American imagination like a manned mission to Mars by 2020.

Deploy the missile defense shield to Poland. That makes Republicans feel good and sends the Russians a clear message, that despite a new reluctance to throw America's weight around, unilaterally, we will not tolerate Russian adventurism in their own backyard.....

Those are all the things he should have broad bipartisan support to get done and win over a lot of skeptics, but at the cost of alienating the hard left, the group that got him nomination....

Last edited:
thank you...especially for the Scripture quote!

I was a diehard Clinton supporter and still think she was done wrong, by the moves the DNC made and could not pull the lever for obama or mccain.

But now that it is over, i so wish president elect obama the very best and hope we can mend some fences within our own country....i don't expect it to happen though....it will continue to be brother against brother until the end of time, it seems..... :(

I will still be watching president elect obama like a hawk though....and i would be doing the same if it were mccain....i have learned alot about politics and the scumminess of it the last few years on these political message boards and on watching c-span day and night, and us citizens need to continue to be our government's watchdogs....we'd be foolish not to be imo.

Care

Thanks Care! You are so right in that it is up to us to keep our leaders honest... especially Congress.

Please let us know when an e-mail blast is required to speak out against any shenanigans those bozos try to pull under the watchful eye of C-SPAN.

If Obama needs to be watched, Pelosi and Reid need to be leashed.

-Joe

Palin can not hold a candle to Jindal. Jindal holds his party rightfully accountable, if the republican party wants to be taken serious they need to follow their principles. If you watch his interview on Hannity he is very level headed and realistic. Palin on the other hand blames the media or elite every time she is questioned. You cannot run on reform when the senior member of your party in the senate in convicted of 7 felony convictions. You cannot run on conservative fiscal policy when you push 300billion dollar bailouts for foreclosed mortgages or a refundable tax credit. It violates all the supposed principles of conservative policy.
A VP has to skate a careful line, and the media was blatantly unfair to Palin. Too bad they didn't look at Obama to the same degree, as we may know more about the guy. Jindal is in a different position altogether. I like them both.

Republicans have to give Obama a fair shake. If they don't, it'll show and they'll lose even more seats in 2010.

Obama is going to fix the mess we are in. Pelosi & Reed are going to fix the mess we are in. Until it was an election year, the Republicans didn't even admit we had a problem, because for them it wasn't a problem. They were getting tax breaks for nothing or for taking jobs overseas. That shit is going to stop.

The best thing about the Dems being in power is that the GOP doesn't get to set the agenda. No more abortion or stem cell distractions. Those are wedge issues the GOP used to get us off the important topics. Economy and War.

We will get out of Iraq, or at least Iraq oil will start paying for this war. That's a HUGE step in fixing the economy.

Tax breaks for companies sending jobs overseas? That's over. And that's another MAJOR difference between Obama and McCain.

So much for the people who said Obama was also bought by corporations. You saw during election night that WE THE PEOPLE elected him. Not corporate America.

They are shitting themselves because the joy ride is over. Now they start paying taxes too.

That'll kill the economy? That's what they said during Clinton.

It'll only kill the economy if the politicians allow corporations to be that powerful. That's what the GOP did. That was what our founding fathers warned us not to do.

They gave these oil and bank companies too much power. And gave their manufacturing buddies tax breaks to send jobs overseas. You can still go overseas, we just arent going to give you tax payers dollars to do it. Bye Bye!

Also, going green is the answer to everything. Energy independence, jobs, national security.

I can't wait for next year! Consumer confidence is already up!!!

Thanks Care! You are so right in that it is up to us to keep our leaders honest... especially Congress.

Please let us know when an e-mail blast is required to speak out against any shenanigans those bozos try to pull under the watchful eye of C-SPAN.

-Joe

eeerrrrr I hate to say this, but we have been miserable failures at keeping our leaders honest and secondly I don't know if you have noticed or not but they don't care what you think or what you want. 90% of we Americans want to drill our own oil. Pelosi don't give a rat's ass about that. You will never get your own oil. You will have to fart your way to work.

eeerrrrr I hate to say this, but we have been miserable failures at keeping our leaders honest and secondly I don't know if you have noticed or not but they don't care what you think or what you want. 90% of we Americans want to drill our own oil. Pelosi don't give a rat's ass about that. You will never get your own oil. You will have to fart your way to work.

First of all, do you notice how cheap gas is? We didn't need to drill baby drill and gas is $2 again.

Second, let's go Green. Why has your side fought going green?

And, the oil companies have plenty of land.

Have you not figured out yet drill baby drill was just a wedge issue the gop created to distract you from the real problems/solutions?

Just sit and watch for a couple years. Shut it and see if maybe you are dead wrong like we've been saying all along.

You might become a Democrat.

Democrats might not be as bad as the GOP says. They've been wrong on everything else. Why do you still believe anything they have to say? What would get you to change parties?

-Joe

Uhhh yeah...good luck with that one....will never happen. Your side keeps their head in the sand over ANY Demo corruption at all costs and always will even though you cry about it constantly. You get screwed because you are blind to your own sides corruption and don't even care. Being a D is more important apparently. See bailout shenanigans and all the politicians with their hand in the cookie jar (Obama) included for a reference on that count,all of which you dorks re elected to the congress. Brilliant...NOT.

First of all, do you notice how cheap gas is? We didn't need to drill baby drill and gas is $2 again.

Second, let's go Green. Why has your side fought going green?

And, the oil companies have plenty of land.

Have you not figured out yet drill baby drill was just a wedge issue the gop created to distract you from the real problems/solutions?

Just sit and watch for a couple years. Shut it and see if maybe you are dead wrong like we've been saying all along.

You might become a Democrat.

Democrats might not be as bad as the GOP says. They've been wrong on everything else. Why do you still believe anything they have to say? What would get you to change parties?

kept low until the election was over. Soon it will be ten dollars a gallon
my side hasn't fought going green, whatever the hell going green means. we gonna fart soybeans?

oil companies have plenty of land with either no oil on them or lawsuits left and right blocking them from drilling. Like I said you ain't never gonna get no oil.

so now that you are in power I'm supposed to "shut up" that's kinda totalatarian doncha think. I expected to be shut up but not quite this early. the goon isn't even in office yet.

Forum List

Back