Republicans, give President Obama a fair shake.

I'm so curious. Do you think his agenda is wrong because it's "morally" wrong to tax the highest wage earners, or do you think his agenda is wrong because it'll hurt our economy?

If my tax were increased to pay off the debt I would be less oppossed to it. But that's not the deal. It will be used to increase the size of government as well as give those who do not pay Federal Tax a check in the mail (let's not debate this).

What I think would do to turn the economy around which would also generate more tax revenue would be:

1. Freeze or lower the Capital Gains tax.

2. Renew the Bush tax cuts that are set to expire in 2010.

3. Immediately ratify trade agreement with Columbia.

4. Lower Corporate Tax rate to same level as Ireland.

5. Freeze all Government spending.

6. Get out of Iraq as soon as Iraqi is stable.

7. Implement an "all the above" energy policy so we can become energy independent as soon as possible.

8. Adopt whatever regulations are needed to protect Americans from unethical Wall St. behavior as well as ensure home loans are only given to those who can qualify based on traditional lending standards.

I know that we are disappointed by the outcome of the presidential elections, but we should also keep in mind that the majority has spoken.

Many of us have been put off by the behavior of the far left for the last 8 years, but I for one have no intention of emulating that behavior.

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. That is a flattery we should choose not to bestow.

Give President Obama the benifit of the doubt. Lead by example.

Whether you are a believer like I am, or not...the wisdom of Jesus can be admired by all:

'A new commandment I give to you, that ye love one another; according as I did love you, that ye also love one another'

- Jesus Christ as recorded in the Book of John, Chapter 13, Verse 34.​

Very reasonable MO! You are an example to all.

-Joe

I know that we are disappointed by the outcome of the presidential elections, but we should also keep in mind that the majority has spoken.

Many of us have been put off by the behavior of the far left for the last 8 years, but I for one have no intention of emulating that behavior.

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. That is a flattery we should choose not to bestow.

Whether you are a believer like I am, or not...the wisdom of Jesus can be admired by all:

'A new commandment I give to you, that ye love one another; according as I did love you, that ye also love one another'

thank you...especially for the Scripture quote!

I was a diehard Clinton supporter and still think she was done wrong, by the moves the DNC made and could not pull the lever for obama or mccain.

But now that it is over, i so wish president elect obama the very best and hope we can mend some fences within our own country....i don't expect it to happen though....it will continue to be brother against brother until the end of time, it seems..... :(

I will still be watching president elect obama like a hawk though....and i would be doing the same if it were mccain....i have learned alot about politics and the scumminess of it the last few years on these political message boards and on watching c-span day and night, and us citizens need to continue to be our government's watchdogs....we'd be foolish not to be imo.

Care

I have every intention of giving Obama a fair shake as our next President. He deserves the congratulations and respect of all Americans for his win as well as for the historic milestone his achievement represents, which is no small thing. Above all, I am an American first and while he wasn't my choice for President -I have no problem as an American enjoying such major accomplishments of another American even while disagreeing with him politically.

Once Obama is sworn in, he no longer just represents the Democrat Party, he isn't just representing those who voted for him either. He represents the nation both at home and abroad. I hope and pray that he does well as President, because it means our nation does well. While I hold no idealistic fantasy-based expectations regarding the likelihood, I really do hope an Obama administration results in strong national security, no punitive or excessive taxes, good judgment with regard to economic, domestic, environmental and foreign policy, real progress on decreasing our dependence on foreign oil, no destruction of the healthcare insurance and coal industries and we all enjoy an economic boom.

Otherwise, in four years he can expect an even tougher battle to keep the office. LOL

I do not doubt Obama will attempt to implement his economic agenda. It is a wrong agenda in my opinion. Why would his election have me change my mind about that?

Because there is a possibility, regardless of how slim or remote, that we may be the ones who are wrong.

I'm not saying I believe that is the case, but I am open to the possibility.

Because there is a possibility, regardless of how slim or remote, that we may be the ones who are wrong.

I'm not saying I believe that is the case, but I am open to the possibility.
I'm not going to go 'gangbusters' supporting Obama. What I know of him, which is more likely more than most, makes that unlikely. However, I will look to see if he chooses to deviate from previous place of governing. It could happen, though I'm not hopeful

I do not dount Obama will attempt to implement his economic agenda. It is a wrong agenda in my opinion. Why would his election have me change my mind about that?

He will have to govern from the center, dems do not have a filibuster proof majority. On another note his economic policy is 100x more logical then McCain's would have been. This is why the majority of economist and buffet and volcker back it.

He will have to govern from the center, dems do not have a filibuster proof majority. On another note his economic policy is 100x more logical then McCain's would have been. This is why the majority of economist and buffet and volcker back it.

No he won't. If you think there are not more than two leftist Republicans, you're uninformed or deluded.

you know, in all fairness, the day after the 2004 election when President Bush won his election to his second term, Democrats were livid the next day, and grim....i don't know if everyone remembers this, but i do....

it takes time to heal from such an emotional event....so i take back what i have been thinking and believe the right should continue to blow off the steam from the past year that we just went thru arguing and debating our side's stance....it can't reasonable go away over night!!!!

Oh come on libs don't start using that as an excuse. Filibusters aren't what they used to be.

you know, in all fairness, the day after the 2004 election when President Bush won his election to his second term, Democrats were livid the next day, and grim....i don't know if everyone remembers this, but i do....

it takes time to heal from such an emotional event....so i take back what i have been thinking and believe the right should continue to blow off the steam from the past year that we just went thru arguing and debating our side's stance....it can't reasonable go away over night!!!!

I can promise you this much. Even tho I will not think of him as my President (until he proves me wrong) because of his Marxist theology I will never publicly mock him in front of the whole world.

I'm happy as hell, looking forward to Carter II, followed in 2012 by Reagan II. :lol:

You libs have the power now, so use it and lets see what happens. :razz:

yea keep dreaming their are no reagans left in the republican party, neocons now run your party into the ground.

Forum List

Back