Republicans For Hillary

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Republican donors are flipping to Hillary...

Republicans For Hillary: Major Cruz Donors Shift to Clinton

<snip>

“A number of deep-pocketed elite have given up trying to buy off Republican politicians in order to support Ms. Clinton, the only establishment-friendly candidate of either party remaining in the race,” the Observer reported. “In response, the Clinton campaign has assembled a group dubbed ‘Republicans for Hillary’ to reach wealthy GOP donors.”

<snip>

And the flip side of "Republicans For Hillary" is Republicans that that can't support Deceitful Don.

from WND.com
See list of 99 top Republicans who refuse to back Trump

The Hill complied a list of almost 100 Republicans who currently say they won’t back Trump as the nominee:
  • Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
  • Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich.
  • Gov. Charlie Baker, R-Mass.
  • Brian Bartlett, former Mitt Romney aide and GOP communications strategist
  • Glenn Beck, radio host
  • Michael Berry, radio host
  • Max Boot, former foreign policy adviser to Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla.
  • Brent Bozell, conservative activist
  • Bruce Carroll, creator GayPatriot.org
  • Jay Caruso, RedState
  • Mona Charen, senior fellow at Ethics and Public Policy Center
  • Linda Chavez, columnist
  • Dean Clancy, former FreedomWorks vice president
  • Eliot Cohen, former George W. Bush official
  • Former Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn.
  • Charles C. W. Cooke, writer for National Review
  • Doug Coon, Stay Right podcast
  • Rory Cooper, GOP strategist, managing director Purple Strategies
  • Jim Cunneen, former Calif. assemblyman
  • Rep. Carlos Curbelo, R-Fla.
  • Steve Deace, radio host
  • Rep. Bob Dold, R-Ill.
  • Erick Erickson, writer
  • Mindy Finn, president, Empowered Women
  • David French, writer at National Review
  • Jon Gabriel, editor-in-chief, Ricochet.com
  • Michael Graham, radio host
  • Jonah Goldberg, writer
  • Alan Goldsmith, former staffer, House Committee on Foreign Affairs.
  • Stephen Gutowski, writer Washington Free Beacon
  • Rep. Richard Hanna, R-N.Y.
  • Jamie Brown Hantman, former special assistant for legislative affairs for President George W. Bush
  • Stephen Hayes, senior writer at The Weekly Standard
  • Doug Heye, former RNC communications director
  • Quin Hillyer, contributing editor at National Review Online; senior editor at the American Spectator
  • Ben Howe, RedState writer
  • Former Rep. Bob Inglis, R-S.C.
  • Cheri Jacobus, GOP consultant and former Hill columnist
  • Robert Kagan, former Reagan official
  • Randy Kendrick, GOP mega-donor
  • Matt Kibbe, former FreedomWorks CEO
  • Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.
  • Philip Klein, managing editor at the Washington Examiner
  • Bill Kristol, The Weekly Standard editor
  • Mark Levin, radio host
  • Justin LoFranco, former Scott Walker aide
  • Kevin Madden, former Mitt Romney aide
  • Bethany Mandel, senior contributor at The Federalist
  • Tucker Martin, communications director to former Gov. Bob McDonnell’s, R-Va.
  • Former RNC Chairman Mel Martínez
  • Liz Mair, GOP strategist
  • Lachlan Markey, writer for the Free Beacon
  • David McIntosh, Club for Growth president
  • Dan McLaughlin, editor at RedState.com
  • Ken Mehlman, former RNC chairman
  • Tim Miller, Our Principles PAC
  • Joyce Mulliken, former Washington state senator
  • Ted Newton, political consultant & former Mitt Romney aide
  • James Nuzzo, former White House aide
  • Katie Packer, chairwoman of Our Principles PAC
  • Former Gov. George Pataki, R-N.Y.
  • Former Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas
  • Katie Pavlich, Townhall editor and Hill columnist
  • Brittany Pounders, conservative writer
  • Rep. Reid Ribble, R- Wisc.
  • The Ricketts family, GOP mega-donors
  • Former Gov. Tom Ridge, R-Pa.
  • Rep. Scott Rigell, R-Va.
  • Mitt Romney, 2012 GOP presidential nominee
  • Paul Rosenzweig, former deputy assistant secretary, Department of Homeland Security
  • Jennifer Rubin, Washington Post conservative blogger
  • Patrick Ruffini, partner, Echelon Insights
  • Sarah Rumpf, former BreitBart contributor
  • Mark Salter, writer and former aide to John McCain
  • Rep. Mark Sanford, R-S.C.
  • Sen. Ben Sasse, R- Neb.
  • Elliott Schwartz, Our Principles PAC
  • Gabriel Schoenfeld, senior fellow, Hudson Institute
  • Tara Setmayer, CNN analyst and former GOP staffer
  • Ben Shapiro, editor-in-chief The Daily Wire
  • Evan Siegfried, GOP strategist and commentator
  • Ben Stein, actor and political commentator
  • Brendan Steinhauser, GOP consultant
  • Stuart Stevens, former Romney strategist
  • Paul Singer, GOP mega-donor
  • Erik Soderstrom, former field director for Carly Fiorina
  • Charlie Sykes, radio host
  • Brad Thor, writer
  • Michael R. Treiser, former Mitt Romney aide
  • Daniel P. Vajdich, former national security adviser to Ted Cruz
  • Connor Walsh, former digital director for former Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va., founder Build Digital
  • Former Rep. J.C. Watts, R-Okla.
  • Peter Wehner, New York Times contributor
  • Former Gov. Christine Todd Whitman, R-N.J.
  • George Will, writer
  • Rick Wilson, Republican strategist
  • Nathan Wurtzel, Make America Awesome super-PAC
  • Bill Yarbrough, chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Ohio
  • Dave Yost, Ohio auditor of state

By all rights, the Republicans backing Hillary should be kicked from the party. It's a disgrace. Trump sucks, sure, don't support him, but supporting Hillary is inexcusable. Washington Establishment just wants to continue in its corruption, and they know Hillary is all in for it.

By all rights, the Republicans backing Hillary should be kicked from the party. It's a disgrace. Trump sucks, sure, don't support him, but supporting Hillary is inexcusable. Washington Establishment just wants to continue in its corruption, and they know Hillary is all in for it.

Dear Pumpkin Row (and I will CC LadyGunSlinger) I am
deeply concerned that the rift in the conservative support for Trump
is tied to him throwing Cruz under the bus (and reinforcing lies in the media that benefit Democrats who refuse the follow the Constitution and demonize the Tea Party to block this check on govt corruption).

How can we mend this rift and focus on who is going to appoint whom to the Supreme Court and stop the pandering to political partisan agenda?

I tried to bring this up to LadyGunSlinger who mistakenly thought I was trying to push Cruz "instead of" Trump, when I am trying to help the support base to unify instead of split.

WHAT is causing conservatives to reject Cruz when he held up govt to STAND AGAINST the "establishment sell outs" like Boehner???

How is Cruz being touted as another establishment sell out,
this makes NO sense if he is demonized by the establishment types.
They would not demonize one of their fellow sell outs, so he can't be one.
Why are supporters "buying the lies" about Cruz (I understand Trump had to do that to get the nomination but the point was to undo that afterwards, not continue
dividing the party.)

Isn't it clear the reason he is so demonized is the liberals and Democrats fear him as enforcing the Constitution they are allergic to like vampires are to crosses and garlic?

What is going on with this media and liberal ploy to keep Cruz from checking the govt and establishment politicians from corrupt gaming, since he is the only Constitutionalist in the lot of them who even stood up to the politics in Congress, and shutdown govt because of the crap in that bill and budget.

How to correct this so the media and liberals don't win at dividing to conquer?

Now to her credit LadyGunSlinger did try to defend the argument that Cruz is a globalist sell out. Where is this coming from? Is he a Constitutionalist or not?

Self interested for the self interested.

The real 'tragedy' is that voters have essentially no viable choices. Still, many of us will cast a vote and it will not be for the two party dictatorship.

The real 'tragedy' is that voters have essentially no viable choices. Still, many of us will cast a vote and it will not be for the two party dictatorship.
there4eyeM (and I will CC Flanders from a similar idea to followup):
Do you think Trump is independent enough and Cruz is Constitutional enough to consider teaming up and SUING both parties for Unconstitutional actions at the cost of taxpayers and demanding reimbursement?
Could Trump hire a team of lawyers to go after violations that the Libertarians and Greens both blame GOP and Democrats for ignoring?

This could not only unite their support bases, but also rally disgruntled Sanders and Johnson supporters in getting FINANCIAL support and LEGAL backing for their programs and reform proposals to be set up outside of govt, using those resources owed as restitution from either Democrats or Republicans responsible for corruption and abuse of public resources and authority (which Trump could lend money against to unite these teams on job creation on govt reforms, until the legal team collects on these debts from the wrongdoers or investors buy out the debts, whichever comes first)

Could Trump pull this off financially with the lawyers he can hire,
and Cruz campaign in the media speaking out for the Constitution these parties ran over? I'm sure the Greens and Libertarians would be happy to make their lists of grievances against the Dems and GOP and get help from Trump to fund a lawsuit and finance restitution as a loan against later collections.

Last edited:

is tied to him throwing Cruz under the bus (and reinforcing lies in the media that benefit Democrats who refuse the follow the Constitution and demonize the Tea Party to block this check on govt corruption).
To be fair, nobody should trust the Government in the first place, and Trump threw everyone under the bus.

How can we mend this rift and focus on who is going to appoint whom to the Supreme Court and stop the pandering to political partisan agenda?
By, next time, not appointing the two worst Candidates available as the front runners(Though Democrats had a hand in making Trump the front runner). Though, actually, not sure if Bernie or Hillary is worse.

I tried to bring this up to LadyGunSlinger who mistakenly thought I was trying to push Cruz "instead of" Trump, when I am trying to help the support base to unify instead of split.
EVERYONE should have pushed Cruz instead of Trump. A big part of it was how little media attention Cruz got as opposed to Trump, aside from Trump calling him a liar.

WHAT is causing conservatives to reject Cruz when he held up govt to STAND AGAINST the "establishment sell outs" like Boehner???
Nobody thinks a true Conservative can win, he got little to no media attention, radio hosts told people to vote for Rubio, and didn't support Cruz until too late.

Why are supporters "buying the lies" about Cruz (I understand Trump had to do that to get the nomination but the point was to undo that afterwards, not continue
dividing the party.)
Because Trump has Democrats behind him, also. He wants to shake the people he thinks they'll reject, part of that being the true Conservatives. Well, that, and people tend to eat up everything the 'news' feeds them.

Isn't it clear the reason he is so demonized is the liberals and Democrats fear him as enforcing the Constitution they are allergic to like vampires are to crosses and garlic?
That is absolutely correct.

What is going on with this media and liberal ploy to keep Cruz from checking the govt and establishment politicians from corrupt gaming, since he is the only Constitutionalist in the lot of them who even stood up to the politics in Congress, and shutdown govt because of the crap in that bill and budget.
We've had Establishment slaves in office since after Raegan, and they don't want him undoing what Barack Obama has done. Trump's policies are so static that with him, they have more hope that he's a leftist loon.

There's no way to correct it. We have to ride this out and hope we don't get more garbage candidates next time. Both parties are heavily divided at this point, it's anyone's game.

Now to her credit LadyGunSlinger did try to defend the argument that Cruz is a globalist sell out. Where is this coming from? Is he a Constitutionalist or not?
People who support Trump typically try to perpetuate that myth, because they don't like how close Cruz got to winning. They hate him for not laying down and just taking a beating. It's illogical, but I just avoid discussing that with them. They support someone who's possibly a Liberal whackjob playing at being a Republican, but in these dark times, we need to band together. Even if it is behind a nutjob... because he's not as bad as Hillary.

Do you think Trump is independent enough and Cruz is Constitutional enough to consider teaming up and SUING both parties for Unconstitutional actions at the cost of taxpayers and demanding reimbursement?
Could Trump hire a team of lawyers to go after violations that the Libertarians and Greens both blame GOP and Democrats for ignoring?

This could not only unite their support bases, but also rally disgruntled Sanders and Johnson supporters in getting FINANCIAL support and LEGAL backing for their programs and reform proposals to be set up outside of govt, using those resources owed as restitution from either Democrats or Republicans responsible for corruption and abuse of public resources and authority (which Trump could lend money against to unite these teams on job creation on govt reforms, until the legal team collects on these debts from the wrongdoers or investors buy out the debts, whichever comes first)

and Cruz campaign in the media speaking out for the Constitution these parties ran over? I'm sure the Greens and Libertarians would be happy to make their lists of grievances against the Dems and GOP and get help from Trump to fund a lawsuit and finance restitution as a loan against later collections.

This is such a good idea that it almost certainly will never happen.

Not that Trump or Cruz (or almost any other current political figure) could be trusted to be altruistic in any way. But, the concept is 'awesome', in the true sense of that word.

This is such a good idea that it almost certainly will never happen.

Not that Trump or Cruz (or almost any other current political figure) could be trusted to be altruistic in any way. But, the concept is 'awesome', in the true sense of that word.

Well, there4eyeM I'd like to give it a shot. Even if they don't listen, someone else will, and it the idea will spread from there.

Cruz is our leading Texas Senator, my neighbor has contacted his offices before and got better response from the Dallas office. I have several friends who are Trump supporters including one who bet me I couldn't pitch my plans to Trump and have him listen after 3 minutes. With the right help, I think I could organize a 3 minute pitch, by getting the Greens and Libertarians together on a lawsuit first, then approach Cruz and ask him to approach Trump, on grievances that would need to be signed off, addressed and FUNDED to set up solutions -- to get the supporters of Cruz, Sanders and Johnson on board who are tired of paying for the corporate cronyism. We'd ask for this in writing, which is more than anyone would get from any camps set on benefitting from endless costs of abuses dumped on the public with no accountability.

dividing the party.)

if it was all up to me, i'd pick rubio because he's the least obnoxious, but trump has the popular support so now he's hmfic of the gop, and life is so much easier to just go along with it. look for the VP candidate, get the poorest republican in america who isn't from new york, someone who can whisper in trump's ear, ''you're just a man, you're not a god.'' do that, somehow it'll all work out just fine.

Listen. I don't like Republicans but if Democrats nominated don King ID be voting for ted cruz

Of course the establishment doesn't support him. He's not part of them.
If they thought he'd be better than hillary they would support him in fact Paul Ryan endorsed him just because trump is more likely to pass his legislation. Never mind trump is dangerous.

Your hate for liberals is greater than your love of country.

She's still going to be potus

If they thought he'd be better than hillary they would support him in fact Paul Ryan endorsed him just because trump is more likely to pass his legislation. Never mind trump is dangerous.

Bullshit. I don't hate liberals, in fact I have both Dem and liberal friends. We have a rollicking good time around the table discussing politics.

Trump isn't more dangerous than Hitlery is.

I love my country more than you do. If you did love the country you wouldn't be supporting that incompetent POS Hitlery.

Catch a clue and grown a brain.

If Hillary can punk Devious Don so easily while staying within bounds of normal civil American political discourse, I can only imagine how world leaders that won't be inclined to wear Hillary's velvet gloves will put Devious Don in a box, wrap him up, put a bow in his weave and send him back to his office to tweet, pout, and lie about how his puppet dance should be viewed as leadership - giggle!
Devious Don is delusional... and voters are starting to notice.

Hillary Clinton Plays Trump Perfectly As GOP Nominee Flip Flops On Terror Watch List Gun Ban

By Jason Easley on Wed, Jun 15th, 2016

Hillary Clinton is perfectly pulling Trump’s strings as presumptive GOP nominee announced that he is flip-flopping and now supporting a bill that would prohibit people on the terror watch list from legally buying guns.

<snip>

The Hillary Clinton campaign is playing Donald Trump like a fiddle. They can pull his strings and make Trump dance. His flip-flop on the gun ban for people on the terror watch list is a disaster for the Republican Party and an embarrassment for Republicans who have been opposing this legislation.

Trump is falling apart. He is changing his positions by the second. The Republican nominee will say or do anything to be elected, even if it means contradicting a speech he gave to the NRA less than a month ago.

After saying he will protect the Second Amendment, Trump now supports a restriction on buying a gun.

Hillary Clinton is campaigning circles around Trump, and the man who will be the GOP nominee is so delusional that he thinks he’s winning.

If Hillary can punk Devious Don so easily while staying within bounds of normal civil American political discourse, I can only imagine how world leaders that won't be inclined to wear Hillary's velvet gloves will put Devious Don in a box, wrap him up, put a bow in his weave and send him back to his office to tweet, pout, and lie about how his puppet dance should be viewed as leadership - giggle!
Devious Don is delusional... and voters are starting to notice.

Hillary Clinton Plays Trump Perfectly As GOP Nominee Flip Flops On Terror Watch List Gun Ban

By Jason Easley on Wed, Jun 15th, 2016

Hillary Clinton is perfectly pulling Trump’s strings as presumptive GOP nominee announced that he is flip-flopping and now supporting a bill that would prohibit people on the terror watch list from legally buying guns.

<snip>

The Hillary Clinton campaign is playing Donald Trump like a fiddle. They can pull his strings and make Trump dance. His flip-flop on the gun ban for people on the terror watch list is a disaster for the Republican Party and an embarrassment for Republicans who have been opposing this legislation.

Trump is falling apart. He is changing his positions by the second. The Republican nominee will say or do anything to be elected, even if it means contradicting a speech he gave to the NRA less than a month ago.

After saying he will protect the Second Amendment, Trump now supports a restriction on buying a gun.

Hillary Clinton is campaigning circles around Trump, and the man who will be the GOP nominee is so delusional that he thinks he’s winning.

Hillary had all she could do to put away Sanders and Trump isn't Sanders.

Should be interesting.

The list was of people who said they wouldn't support Trump, it didn't say they said they are actually going to Hillary

Forum List

Back