Republicans complain about 47% paying no federal income tax -why?

Is it because they want to raise taxes on the poor?

Is it because they hate the poor?

Or is it because they like to bitch and complain?

MITT said INCOME tax, he forgot about those who live in states that have an income tax; like almost all CONs he ignores the other TAXES.

Chances are that those who don't pay any Federal Income taxes don't pay any State income taxes either.

Also: because half of all Republicans are old farts living off Social Security who can't figure out they're part of the 47% themselves.

Those old farts paid into FICA most of their working lives. The I in FICA stands for INSURANCE. All they are doing is collecting on the policy that they paid for.

Don't blame the old folks because the Feds mismanaged an insurance program to the point that it is nearing bankruptcy. BTW, the premiums were mandatory! Does that ring a bell?

Ok. So why is Romney including them as part of the 47%, then?

It's because a majority of those in the 47% are more than capable of getting a damn job, and there is no need they should be living off of the hard work of others who do pay their Taxes.

You do know that 61% of that 47% pay payroll taxes, right? Don't you need a job to pay payroll taxes?

Payroll taxes is a name made up by liberals. Social Security and Medicare are the mandatory "payroll taxes" that everyone that works for a wage or a salary has to pay.

Both of these are government insurance programs that are destined to bankrupt the United States government unless they are reformed.

The Social Security 'tax' has been lowered by 2% for over a year for low and middle class wage earners.

And, to answer your question, yes, you need a job to pay these 'payroll taxes.' Too bad all of those 'shovel ready' were a joke.

Also: because half of all Republicans are old farts living off Social Security who can't figure out they're part of the 47% themselves.

Those old farts paid into FICA most of their working lives. The I in FICA stands for INSURANCE. All they are doing is collecting on the policy that they paid for.

Don't blame the old folks because the Feds mismanaged an insurance program to the point that it is nearing bankruptcy. BTW, the premiums were mandatory! Does that ring a bell?

About 10% of those that don't pay federal income tax are the elderly living on Social Security. So, Romney should have taken that into consideration. I see many of these elderly at my Church food bank where I volunteer and it breaks my heart.

The Social Security mandatory 'tax' was sold to the American public as a supplement to retirement, and was never intended to be the sole source of support. Unfortunately, many people went through life without saving a dime, counting on Social Security, and are now in serious trouble.

Romney knows that the Democrats will demagogue the Social Security issue, as they presently are, and a lot of the elderly will fall for the BS and not vote for him.

About 10% of those that don't pay federal income tax are the elderly living on Social Security. So, Romney should have taken that into consideration. I see many of these elderly at my Church food bank where I volunteer and it breaks my heart.

The Social Security mandatory 'tax' was sold to the American public as a supplement to retirement, and was never intended to be the sole source of support. Unfortunately, many people went through life without saving a dime, counting on Social Security, and are now in serious trouble.

Romney knows that the Democrats will demagogue the Social Security issue, as they presently are, and a lot of the elderly will fall for the BS and not vote for him.

More than 10%:

The TPC found that of the 38 million households that are made nontaxable by tax expenditures, “44% are moved off the tax rolls by elderly tax benefits and another 30% by credits for children and the working poor.”

The Data Behind Romney’s 47% Comments - Washington Wire - WSJ

Almost half of Romney's 47%, apparently, are oldsters. (And more than half of them support Romney.)

What about people who paid no tax last year, but will pay next year?

People who are disabled?

Students?

Rich people (like Romey) who had a bad year?

People trying to get by on minimum wage?

Are they part of Romney's 47%?

I've been a volunteer with scouting (girl scouts and boy scouts) for over 25 years. If we find a way to pay 100% of a child's expenses, he/she doesn't participate in as many events. If they get a chance to earn some of their way, they don't miss an event.

Children actually enjoy earning their way. Too bad not everyone sees it that way. ;)

I've been a volunteer with scouting (girl scouts and boy scouts) for over 25 years. If we find a way to pay 100% of a child's expenses, he/she doesn't participate in as many events. If they get a chance to earn some of their way, they don't miss an event.

Children actually enjoy earning their way. Too bad not everyone sees it that way. ;)

That's another group of freeloading leeches:

children.jpg

Children.

Look at them lying there, doing nothing.

They're probably going to vote for Obama.

children.jpg

Children.

Yea, you're one of those adults that doesn't understand, aren't you!! :lol:

Let me answer your question with a question. Why do Democrats feel it's fair for the rich who already pay the majority of taxes to pay even more while almost half the country pay's nothing?

Why was there no bitching when Bush increased the notax code? It is true that there were more added during Oblama, but that is about to end.

81% of Americans pay federal taxes including payroll taxes for Medicare and Social Security and income taxes.

And the vast majority of them pay taxes at a HIGHER RATE than Romney does.

children.jpg

Children.

Yea, you're one of those adults that doesn't understand, aren't you!! :lol:

I like your quote.

Only, they're not called slaves, they're called "the rich."

Let me answer your question with a question. Why do Democrats feel it's fair for the rich who already pay the majority of taxes to pay even more while almost half the country pay's nothing?

Why do you think it's fair that 1% of the country gets to live off the toil of the other 99%?

They like like to play on the old 80's negative stereotype of the urban blacks. They are trying to paint a false picture of a 'freeloader' nation started by the 'food-stamp' president.

The talking point started out as simply, "...don't play taxes." Fact-checkers corrected them, but they continued with the misleading talking point, know that most of their base didn't hear the "federal income" distinction. And most would bother to think about why in the years following the recession, many families didn't make a enough to owe any federal income tax on April 15.

I'm going with option D.... we're tired of working our asses off so you parasites can stay at home smoking marijuana and bilking us for all we're worth.

And don't forget option E... everything you parasites are doing is unconstitutional

children.jpg

Children.

Except that conservatives made a choice to have children. We didn't make a choice to provide for you lazy, pathetic, parasites bums who don't want to do anything in life but get high. Big difference...

How sad is it that the idiot liberal dumbocrat has less pride and less work ethic than a child?!?!

Forum List

Back