Republicans are not for our constitution.

A photo ID is not a strict standard voter hours are generally 7am to 7pm 12 hours I have seen no one reduce the number of voting machines you might have to cut back early voting if you don’t have enough people to work at polls.

Almost 95% of Americans have an acceptable photo ID. Determining what is acceptable is a way Republicans suppress the vote.
A gun permit is acceptable while a student ID is not
Drivers licenses are acceptable, but many legitimate voters in urban areas do not drive

5% not having ID is not that big a deal until you realize many elections are won by 1-2%
If most of the people without an acceptable ID vote Democrat, Voter ID laws are an effective means of suppression

Utter bull. Where do you get this 5% number from? How does 5% of our society function in this country with no valid ID? How do they borrow money, buy alcohol, get on a plane, get a passport, get a loan from the bank? Cash a check?

In most states (if not all) gun licenses are issued to people who passed a thorough criminal background check. You must also present a valid legal identification. In our state, you are fingerprinted when you apply for the license and fingerprinted again with each renewal. What does it take to get a student ID?

My mother never drove in her live, that's why she went to the DMV and got a State ID. It looks just like a drivers license and she has voted with it her entire life.

Let me flip this . Why do righties fight a gun registry ? It doesn’t stop your right to bear arms .

By the way . If a birth certificate is ok to get a photo ID at the rmv, why isn’t that birth certificate good enough to vote with?

Because anybody can use anothers birth certificate. Try getting a DR or state ID using somebody else's birth certificate and see what happens to you if you get caught.

But you say that is good enough to GET The fancy photo ID . Just cut out the middle man.

I'm sure that when you get an ID the BC alone is not enough. HTF is some old man at the polls supposed to know that the BC you present is yours? Birth certificates don't have any picture or address on them.

And you ID freaks . Do you think it’s right that an old man can’t vote because he has an EXPIRED drivers license ? He doesn’t drive anymore !

Do you think it’s ok to deny a picture student ID from your own state university? Cause that’s what these laws say . The whole intent is to suppress votes .

Then why does it only suppress votes of Democrats and not Republicans? Do Republican ole men get a DL renewal every time?

As I stated before, my mother never drove a car in her life. She has a State ID which is very similar to a DL. It's accepted everywhere she goes including the polls.

Who is trying to repeal the 14th amendment? There is a process to become a citizen for those who come here legally. Showing a photo ID does not prevent one from voting.

Voter suppression is a Republican initiative
Make it more difficult to vote, Strict ID standards, limit voter hours, selectively reduce the number of voting machines, cut back early voting
A photo ID is not a strict standard voter hours are generally 7am to 7pm 12 hours I have seen no one reduce the number of voting machines you might have to cut back early voting if you don’t have enough people to work at polls.

Almost 95% of Americans have an acceptable photo ID. Determining what is acceptable is a way Republicans suppress the vote.
Drivers licenses are acceptable, but many legitimate voters in urban areas do not drive

5% not having ID is not that big a deal until you realize many elections are won by 1-2%
If most of the people without an acceptable ID vote Democrat, Voter ID laws are an effective means of suppression

Utter bull. Where do you get this 5% number from? How does 5% of our society function in this country with no valid ID? How do they borrow money, buy alcohol, get on a plane, get a passport, get a loan from the bank? Cash a check?

In most states (if not all) gun licenses are issued to people who passed a thorough criminal background check. You must also present a valid legal identification. In our state, you are fingerprinted when you apply for the license and fingerprinted again with each renewal. What does it take to get a student ID?

My mother never drove in her live, that's why she went to the DMV and got a State ID. It looks just like a drivers license and she has voted with it her entire life.

Let me flip this . Why do righties fight a gun registry ? It doesn’t stop your right to bear arms .

By the way . If a birth certificate is ok to get a photo ID at the rmv, why isn’t that birth certificate good enough to vote with?

New York newspaper removes gun permit database from website after outcry

NY Gun Confiscation - Citizens Told to Turn in Firearms

New York City confiscating rifles and shotguns

What does the flag have to do with speech? You can't convey a message without buying the American flag?

It’s all about free speech .

Why is it ok for a Boy Scout troop to burn flags , but not some hippee commie protestor ?
Boy scouts burning the flag?

You never a boy scout, yes they do the proper and respectful way to an old worn out flag
Oh yeah I forgot about that. Leave it to a liberal to compare the two.

Yeah . A liberal explaining free speech to you rubes .
You do realize abortion activist are wanting to call out anyone against abortion to be criminalized? Do you support that?

I constantly run across right wingers who claim that conservatives “follow the constitution” and are “for the constitution “.

Nothing but words . Whenever I ask for some real life proof, I get nothing .

I will concede that they are nuts over the 2nd . I’ll give you that .

But as far as the rest of the con? They push agendas to weaken our con freedoms .

Prove me wrong! What con talking points/agendas/ legislation strengthen (non 2nd amendmemt )constitutional rights ?

It's like saying they're for the Constitution but against Gay marriage. They compartmentalize. Anything they see that they agree with that is in the Constitution, usually their view of the 2A, then they're for it. But if it doesn't support their view, then they'll pretend the Constitution means something else.

Where is the word "marriage" in the US Constitution?

Lots of things aren't said in the US Constitution Ray.

Oxygen and air are not mentioned in the US Constitution. Does this mean the govt can go around denying people oxygen at will?

Come on Ray, these are the same old tired soundbites that have been around for so long. Use your brain for once.

Make it more difficult to vote, Strict ID standards, limit voter hours, selectively reduce the number of voting machines, cut back early voting

And ? No guns were confiscated if that’s what you are going for .

Should I like all the Court decisions against voter ID suppression?

Prove me wrong! What con talking points/agendas/ legislation strengthen (non 2nd amendmemt )constitutional rights ?
For fun I will answer this

Just recently, a conservative talking point was that the president does indeed have the authority to autonomously shut down the ability of people from any country to enter the United States

this even went to SCOTUS

Thanks for the answer!

But how does that unilateral power increase con freedoms ?

it protects the constitution

but let's talk about your question

I would argue that republicans and democrats, or at least those elected, have worked together to chip away constitutional rights

case in point is the recent bill that extends the governments power to conduct warrantless wiretaps (this sailed through congress with very little argument or opposition)

a big problem I have with your premise is what do you consider a constitutional "right"?

abortion? there is no constitutional right to have an abortion

if you want to talk about federal crackdowns on marijuana laws and civil asset forfeiture, then I am going to have to agree with you - this is one area where I am disgusted with Trump, his AG & republicans in general

constitutionally, the federal government really does not have a right to tell any state that they cannot legalize or decriminalize weed

when it comes to protecting free speech; democrats USED to be the party that could be counted on to ensure that for everyone. not anymore - dems are awful on this issue and republicans have been champions of the 1st amendment. this is especially true on college campuses - the thought police are running rampant and simply speaking outside of the approved group think often results in censure; that is unacceptable, especially on campuses that accept state and federal funds

we are also seeing many colleges (always run by leftists) deny students due process. young men are being expelled from school and facing persecution on rape allegations without fair representation nor the presumption of innocence.

outside of the weed issue, republicans are far stronger on constitution rights than democrats; but they are both pretty bad on privacy issues

The OP obviously couldn't recognize the Constitution if it was placed in front of him, like the former President.

Then again i stand corrected...Barry admittedly recognized every time he violated the Constitution...like his 'DACA' EO violating the Separation of Powers act by attempting to by-pass Congress to institute his own personal edict as law.

I assume you pulled those numbers out of your ass?

AND I note you just ask "if" those without id are democrat, you don't even claim that it is true.

And based on that load of shit, you wan to slander the GOP as being "not for our constitution"?

Getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly.
Getting a photo ID cost absolutely nothing and takes no time you fucking moron. LOL

Where do you get a photo ID?
What documentation do you need?
What do you do if there is a problem with your documentation?
The DMV, with a birth certificate...

Good answer

And where are DMVs located?

Off the highway or in urban city centers?
What if your birth certificate has a different name than you are currently using?
If you can’t figure them things out you have no place in society

Where do you get a photo ID?
What documentation do you need?
What do you do if there is a problem with your documentation?
The DMV, with a birth certificate...

Good answer

And where are DMVs located?

Off the highway or in urban city centers?
What if your birth certificate has a different name than you are currently using?

These rubes assume everyone lives where they were born .

I’m still not seeing examples of gop driven issues that are pro constitution . In fact I see the opposite.
Quit falling down the well... dumbass
People need to quit making excuses and get their shit together

What Constitutional rights are Republicans trying to deny or take away from people?

14th amendment /equal protection under the law
Rights to citizenship
Voter rights
Who is trying to repeal the 14th amendment? There is a process to become a citizen for those who come here legally. Showing a photo ID does not prevent one from voting.

And this is the most unAmerican thing isn't it. Keeping people from voting because they aren't going to vote Republican.

This is who Republicans are, they can't win legitimately so they cheat. In all areas on all things.

Republicans have made leading from a minority into an art form

They have received fewer votes in the House, Senate and White House and lead all three branches
This is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy. Go back to school you dumbass motherfucker

Registering a firearms is unconstitutional in every way, it’s incredibly easy to get a photo ID too...
Quit Falling down the well

And you ID freaks . Do you think it’s right that an old man can’t vote because he has an EXPIRED drivers license ? He doesn’t drive anymore !

Do you think it’s ok to deny a picture student ID from your own state university? Cause that’s what these laws say . The whole intent is to suppress votes .
It’s incredibly easy to get a photo ID, quit falling down the well

They follow it as much as the dems.......meaning, either side hates the constitution.

Example ?
It's your thread. How about you show us how Republicans violate the Constitution.

I’ve done so a number of times in this thread .

I’ll do a new one ! “States rights “ . Gop talks Big about states rights. As we speak they are looking to override states wh legal pot, they want to force states to accept others gun licenses , and they want to force oil drilling off the states coasts .

States rights my ass!
You truly do not understand the constitution, quit falling down the well

I constantly run across right wingers who claim that conservatives “follow the constitution” and are “for the constitution “.

Nothing but words . Whenever I ask for some real life proof, I get nothing .

I will concede that they are nuts over the 2nd . I’ll give you that .

But as far as the rest of the con? They push agendas to weaken our con freedoms .

Hey, why don't YOU provide an example of 'wingers' NOT following the Constitution. Then I'lll give you examples of 'leftist-commies' doing the very same thing. :321:

You people need to listen to our great president, DONALD TRUMP. The constitution needs to be scraped. As he has said over and over so many times, so many times, it's too long and has too many regulations in the constitution, the like the stupid regulation of free speech. Free speech is just fake news, so get rid if it. Why have something we don't need, who needs fake news.

You people need to listen to our great president, DONALD TRUMP. The constitution needs to be scraped. As he has said over and over so many times, so many times, it's too long and has too many regulations in the constitution, the like the stupid regulation of free speech. Free speech is just fake news, so get rid if it. Why have something we don't need, who needs fake news.

The Constitution needs to be scraped? Scraped off of what?

Any link where Trump once said the Constitution is too long and has to many regulations? Any link where he said we need to get rid of free speech?

The OP obviously couldn't recognize the Constitution if it was placed in front of him, like the former President.

Then again i stand corrected...Barry admittedly recognized every time he violated the Constitution...like his 'DACA' EO violating the Separation of Powers act by attempting to by-pass Congress to institute his own personal edict as law.

The only reason he studied the Constitution is so he could figure out ways to get around it if he went into politics.

Welcome the the USMB.. you may consider providing links to prove your points otherwise you're just another left wing nut case babbling crapola.

And ? No guns were confiscated if that’s what you are going for .

Should I like all the Court decisions against voter ID suppression?

Sure, then list all the court decisions that granted Voter-ID to states.

I was only giving you a reason why we shouldn't have gun registrations. If the Democrats ever got enough power to put enough commie judges on the SC whereas they would rule we do not have the constitutional right to own or carry firearms, then they would have a list of people to go after.

Forum List

Back