Republican Senators send a letter to Iran. Wow. Damn!

As I recall, iran signed the non proliferation treaty. As such they cannot pursue nukes. If they drop out of the treaty, they can. And we can nuke them back to Mohammed.
Since several states, including Israel, never signed the thing I'm not too worried about what our puppet the Shah did, and neither are they.
So treaties mean nothing to you. And they mean nothing to iran. So fuck iran. Nuke em.
A treaty signed by a puppet of the US? Yeah, that means nothing, at least it doesn't to the country who tossed out our puppet. And no one is going to be nuking anyone. That's not the point of this little game.

Nothing wrong with advising the iranian liars that they are wasting their time if they think they can get away with the usual duplicity. Who trust Obabble to hold the line?
They have every right to build the bomb, and in that neighborhood they should if they haven't already.
Obabble promised they cannot have the bomb. So your tit is in the wringer.

Republicans Warn Iran -- and Obama -- That Deal Won t Last - Bloomberg View

A group of 47 Republican senators has written an open letter to Iran's leaders warning them that any nuclear deal they sign with President Barack Obama's administration won’t last after Obama leaves office.
Organized by freshman Senator Tom Cotton and signed by the chamber's entire party leadership as well as potential 2016 presidential contenders Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, the letter is meant not just to discourage the Iranian regime from signing a deal but also to pressure the White House into giving Congress some authority over the process.

“It has come to our attention while observing your nuclear negotiations with our government that you may not fully understand our constitutional system … Anything not approved by Congress is a mere executive agreement,” the senators wrote. “The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time.”

Arms-control advocates and supporters of the negotiations argue that the next president and the next Congress will have a hard time changing or canceling any Iran deal -- -- which is reportedly near done -- especially if it is working reasonably well.

Well, this is new, even in the world of the GOP batshit-crazy. This really does one-up it all. It's also kind of funny that there is a constitutional error in what the Senators wrote to the government of Iran. The Senate does NOT ratify treaties. That is even indicated directly on their Senate website. Instead, the Senate takes up a resolution of ratification, by which the Senate formally gives its advice and consent, empowering the president to proceed with ratification” . It's a fine point, almost splitting hairs, but worth noting.

So, Republicans hate this Democratic President so much that they are even willing to pen a letter to someone they consider an enemy of ours.

Back to the Bloomberg link:

It's stunning. And it's a rebuke on an international stage that doesn't really have a precedent. Imagine Democrats micro-managing the START talks in the 80s by sending an open letter to Gorbachev? It just wouldn't have been viewed as an acceptable political move while the talks were still happening.

The only conclusion we can make is that the GOP is not the loyal opposition, it is a severly disloyal opposition and deserves to be treated with disdain and contempt for such unamerican behavior. The GOP simply hates America, it's that simple.
Da soupream chiken done come home to roost, bruh. Uppity president gets it uppity his ass.
Nice racist touch. Been practicing a lot?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

As I recall, iran signed the non proliferation treaty. As such they cannot pursue nukes. If they drop out of the treaty, they can. And we can nuke them back to Mohammed.
Since several states, including Israel, never signed the thing I'm not too worried about what our puppet the Shah did, and neither are they.
So treaties mean nothing to you. And they mean nothing to iran. So fuck iran. Nuke em.
A treaty signed by a puppet of the US? Yeah, that means nothing, at least it doesn't to the country who tossed out our puppet. And no one is going to be nuking anyone. That's not the point of this little game.
It is to bibi.

Nothing wrong with advising the iranian liars that they are wasting their time if they think they can get away with the usual duplicity. Who trust Obabble to hold the line?
They have every right to build the bomb, and in that neighborhood they should if they haven't already.
Obabble promised they cannot have the bomb. So your tit is in the wringer.
I couldn't care less if he promised you a pony. What Iran builds is none of our damn business. We are the only crazy fuckers to ever use the damn things so we have no right to talk, none.

They might not adhere to it. At the point they deny frequent inspections, we will be in exactly the same position we are in now without a treaty. Bombing them out of business would be appropriate.
First of all...these "talks" have been going on for a year. They ignored the first deadline. So they are one year closer to nuclear capability. By the time they no longer adhere to inspections...they will be that must closer to the objective...and if the objective was accomplished, military action will be hampered if not completely eliminated by the fear of them using that capability on an innocent country around them.

I don't think they have inspections now. That's what the treaty is for.
it takes over a year to agree to inspections?

That in itself does not give you reason to believe Iran is intentionally delaying a treaty?
It took 3 years for Iraq to agree back in the day. ..

back in the day we did not have Iran as close as they are to nuclear capabilities as they are now.
They are no closer now than they were in 1991.

Actually there is something very wrong with someone (Congress) trying to upset and derail delicate foreign policy negotiations. Wrong to the point of smelling treasony.

Republicans Warn Iran -- and Obama -- That Deal Won t Last - Bloomberg View

A group of 47 Republican senators has written an open letter to Iran's leaders warning them that any nuclear deal they sign with President Barack Obama's administration won’t last after Obama leaves office.
Organized by freshman Senator Tom Cotton and signed by the chamber's entire party leadership as well as potential 2016 presidential contenders Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul, the letter is meant not just to discourage the Iranian regime from signing a deal but also to pressure the White House into giving Congress some authority over the process.

“It has come to our attention while observing your nuclear negotiations with our government that you may not fully understand our constitutional system … Anything not approved by Congress is a mere executive agreement,” the senators wrote. “The next president could revoke such an executive agreement with the stroke of a pen and future Congresses could modify the terms of the agreement at any time.”

Arms-control advocates and supporters of the negotiations argue that the next president and the next Congress will have a hard time changing or canceling any Iran deal -- -- which is reportedly near done -- especially if it is working reasonably well.

Well, this is new, even in the world of the GOP batshit-crazy. This really does one-up it all. It's also kind of funny that there is a constitutional error in what the Senators wrote to the government of Iran. The Senate does NOT ratify treaties. That is even indicated directly on their Senate website. Instead, the Senate takes up a resolution of ratification, by which the Senate formally gives its advice and consent, empowering the president to proceed with ratification” . It's a fine point, almost splitting hairs, but worth noting.

So, Republicans hate this Democratic President so much that they are even willing to pen a letter to someone they consider an enemy of ours.

Back to the Bloomberg link:

It's stunning. And it's a rebuke on an international stage that doesn't really have a precedent. Imagine Democrats micro-managing the START talks in the 80s by sending an open letter to Gorbachev? It just wouldn't have been viewed as an acceptable political move while the talks were still happening.

The only conclusion we can make is that the GOP is not the loyal opposition, it is a severly disloyal opposition and deserves to be treated with disdain and contempt for such unamerican behavior. The GOP simply hates America, it's that simple.
Da soupream chiken done come home to roost, bruh. Uppity president gets it uppity his ass.
Nice racist touch. Been practicing a lot?

Simply the truth...in the parlance of our time....Dude.

It is to bibi.
Whatever the little Jewish Nazi cares about I couldn't care less. His Kosher butt is soon to be in a brine, of sea salt.

Actually there is something very wrong with someone (Congress) trying to upset and derail delicate foreign policy negotiations. Wrong to the point of smelling treasony.
Transparency would calm the waters...what is there to hide.

Actually, n retrospect, I don't really understand the reason for the letter. House members have no say in a treaty (other than to voice their opinions), and what right do they have to speak on behalf of the next administration and the next senate? Heck, they don't even know who will be running.
Edited...I just realized it was senators that wrote the letter...and yes, they will be around for the next president....so they had valid reason....just don't know if it was a smart thing to do.
It was not. Partisan differences within the USA are SUPPOSED to end at the waters edge. That has been our policy for more than 200 years and now, within a space of just 7 days, both Houses of Congress, first the HOR and now the Senate, under incompetent GOP "leadership" have broken that protocol and proven themselves to be a disloyal party. If they are willing to go this far to fuck with the prez, what will they do next? Allow an enemy to smuggle a dirty bomb into the USA? Give our defence codes to El Quaida? Disclose the names of secret agents across the world? Only G-d knows the depths to which the current GOP will go. It's pretty damned disconcerting. And a disgrace to our Republic.

So far the only one to give our military strategy to isis has been obama.

John McCain Lindsay Graham blast Obama for leaking ISIS attack plan - Washington Times

Actually, n retrospect, I don't really understand the reason for the letter. House members have no say in a treaty (other than to voice their opinions), and what right do they have to speak on behalf of the next administration and the next senate? Heck, they don't even know who will be running.
Edited...I just realized it was senators that wrote the letter...and yes, they will be around for the next president....so they had valid reason....just don't know if it was a smart thing to do.
It was not. Partisan differences within the USA are SUPPOSED to end at the waters edge. That has been our policy for more than 200 years and now, within a space of just 7 days, both Houses of Congress, first the HOR and now the Senate, under incompetent GOP "leadership" have broken that protocol and proven themselves to be a disloyal party. If they are willing to go this far to fuck with the prez, what will they do next? Allow an enemy to smuggle a dirty bomb into the USA? Give our defence codes to El Quaida? Disclose the names of secret agents across the world? Only G-d knows the depths to which the current GOP will go. It's pretty damned disconcerting. And a disgrace to our Republic.

So far the only one to give our military strategy to isis has been obama.

John McCain Lindsay Graham blast Obama for leaking ISIS attack plan - Washington Times
We have a strategy? Well that's curious.

So this is the first time delicate foreign policy matters were not discussed openly in front of Congress? Really?

It is to bibi.
Whatever the little Jewish Nazi cares about I couldn't care less. His Kosher butt is soon to be in a brine, of sea salt.
And if it isn't...we go to war...such will be the will of the Jewish nation.

So this is the first time delicate foreign policy matters were not discussed openly in front of Congress? Really?
This is the first time we have had a genuine moron as president. Uncharted waters.

This is the first time we have had a genuine moron as president. Uncharted waters.

If you didn't want to have an actual discussion, you should have said so. We will just have to remember this sort of thing if there is ever another republican president.

Treasonous actions are okay if you think the President elected in two electoral landslides is a "moron". Good to know for the Dems in the future.

It is to bibi.
Your fantasies of war are just that. Five million Jews versus 300 million Arabs and 75 million Persians. Do the math.

If you didn't want to have an actual discussion, you should have said so. We will just have to remember this sort of thing if there is ever another republican president.

Treasonous actions are okay if you think the President elected in two electoral landslides is a "moron". Good to know for the Dems in the future.
If you wanted an actual discussion you would not be screaming treason. Read the basis for the Senates warning. Even the ayatollah understands how the cow eats the cabbage.

It is to bibi.
Your fantasies of war are just that. Five million Jews versus 300 million Arabs and 75 million Persians. Do the math.
Suddenly there will be 5 million Persians...and they will have radiation sickness.

It is to bibi.
Suddenly there will be 5 million Persians...and they will have radiation sickness.
Yep, you're a total loon alright.

Forum List

Back