Republican Senator - family values!

Your opinion of my intellectual capacity is about as relevant as dog leash on a grizzly bear. For a guy whose moral compass tells him that elected republican homosexuals are fair game to unmask over a misdemeanor with the excitement of archie bunker at a lynching you are maybe a little too quick to call anyone slow.

I love the catchy little phrases. "Relevant as dog leash on a grizzly bear." So cute. So downhome.

Hypocrites are fair game to unmask, whatever their party. The fact that he committed a crime is irrelevant, except to the extent that it is the basis for knowing that he is a hypocrite.

so, you bring the inquisition to every other republican charged with a misdemeanor? no? only the gay ones who you think can become political capitol because their constituants NEED to know that they voted for a gay man? Indeed, you are the next ghandi.

Constituents decide what is important for themselves. I see no harm in them having all the facts - including that he is a hypocrite.

I always have envisioned myself more as a Nelson Mandela type, except white... and American... and never imprisoned... and not a national leader. But otherwise, pretty much like Nelson - I think we were born in the same month.

First, what is my quest?

Please explain to me how I am "totally silent" on the Jefferson issue when I say, for the third or fourth time, that the man is corrupt. How many ways and times must I say this before you acknowledge that I keep saying this. Are you slightly touched?

Corruption is a big issue. It just doesn't happen to be the issue in this thread. It also isn't necessarily the same thing as hypocrisy.

your little quest has been whitewashing the antagonizing sentiment implied with the creation of this thread. You might as well be saying that the black joke you just told was only a joke.. and only told to all white people anyway. You tow as much partyline loyalty as anyone the bush whitehouse could appoint to Fema. Sure you say Jefferson is corrupt NOW.... but who were you defending when the conservatives were busy handing you your ass when the jefferson story broke? Meanwhile, let's pretend that your hardon for gay republicans, out of the closet or not, who are guilty of misdemeanors isn't a witch hunt. Let's also pretend that you are tolorant too. That is what the left is supposed to be known for, right? tolorance (non-elected non-republicans, that is)

Every time you say it's only about hypocricy You might as well use your best Gunny impression and say "it was just a joke anyway!"

your little quest has been whitewashing the antagonizing sentiment implied with the creation of this thread. You might as well be saying that the black joke you just told was only a joke.. and only told to all white people anyway. You tow as much partyline loyalty as anyone the bush whitehouse could appoint to Fema. Sure you say Jefferson is corrupt NOW.... but who were you defending when the conservatives were busy handing you your ass when the jefferson story broke? Meanwhile, let's pretend that your hardon for gay republicans, out of the closet or not, who are guilty of misdemeanors isn't a witch hunt. Let's also pretend that you are tolorant too. That is what the left is supposed to be known for, right? tolorance (non-elected non-republicans, that is)

Every time you say it's only about hypocricy You might as well use your best Gunny impression and say "it was just a joke anyway!"

Ahhh... so all of this is because you are upset about the "implied sentiment" of Maineman's post? Okay, now we are getting somewhere. What exactly was the "implied sentiment" in your humble opinion? I think we are just about on the cusp of getting to the real issue here.

I never defended Jefferson. You can feel free to check. The threads about him are on the board somewhere. Do a quick search.

Also, I don't know if anyone has told you this, but it is not a good thing to make generalizations - even about the libs and their tolerance. Tsk...Tsk...

By the way, it is "tolerance," not "tolorance." I don't usually correct spelling (on the theory that most are typos), but you have made the mistake several times. I do believe in educating the disadvantaged.

Once again... moving.
I feel your passion.
So your problem is what?
You think that Maineman was generalizing in that first post?
You think he was picking a fight?
Is this it? Do we have winner?
Just let me know so that I can be clear.
Here. Just finish the sentence. "Maineman was wrong to [insert here] because it [insert here]."

Yes. Mainman posted a thread with the intent of starting shit with republicans due to wording that could be construed as a generalization of the entire republican/conservative political movement. Further, you both show a level of apathy towards the privacy of elected gay republicans while trying to rationalize your own shit that is just as sickening as anyone on the right trying to qualify what positions THEY don't think homosexuals have any business conducting.

tenez, sucker.

I love the catchy little phrases. "Relevant as dog leash on a grizzly bear." So cute. So downhome.

Hypocrites are fair game to unmask, whatever their party. The fact that he committed a crime is irrelevant, except to the extent that it is the basis for knowing that he is a hypocrite.

Hey, i'm sure no other hate group felt the same way! Fair game because YOU don't think they qualify based on YOUR opinions of their lifestyle. Indeed, tell me about that tolorance talking point again. I guess that makes every private jet and limo used by the environmentalist dems a little too rich for you to pass up giving the same ridicule too, eh?

no?!?!?!

b-b-b-but I thought your main concern was HYPOCRICY?!?!?!

and of course you like my analogies. Smart people have a way of bedazzling with their words those a little lower on the IQ scale.

Yes. Mainman posted a thread with the intent of starting shit with republicans due to wording that could be construed as a generalization of the entire republican/conservative political movement. Further, you both show a level of apathy towards the privacy of elected gay republicans while trying to rationalize your own shit that is just as sickening as anyone on the right trying to qualify what positions THEY don't think homosexuals have any business conducting.

tenez, sucker.

"Tenez?" I am sorry, I am not familiar with the word.

Okay, the crux of the issue beckons. Did Maineman post with wording that could be construed as a generalization of all Republicans? I don't think so, but I am willing to let you have this one. For the sake of argument, let us say that he did.

Of course... and you know I hate to be a bother... but... He did also state, just a couple of posts after his thread starter, that:
"Of course....a minority of republicans are perverts" and
"Clearly, all republicans are not perverts"

Good. No problem. Whatever transgression he made initially, he clarified and corrected.

As for the privacy of gay Republicans. They are entitled to as much privacy as any other politician. Alas... very little. I don't go digging through their garbage cans (or freezers), but when information comes out that calls their character (hypocrite) into question, it is newsworthy and generally relevant to their constituents. As such, it is also relevant electorally... as MM pointed out.

and I am unaware of any in congress who are both members of the log cabin republicans, who either vote AGAINST gay rights legislation, and/or castigate the gay lifestyle as did the senator in question.

but if there are some, let me know who they are so that I can examine their voting records.

if you are saying that, merely by voting FOR a republican, that a log cabin republican votes against his or her interest, then you have the oft-mistaken impression that a gay person's sexuality is the most important interest in their life.

Gays can be gun owners. Gays can be rabidly pro-life. Gays can be in the top tax bracket and see that republicans are looking out for their financial interests.

Ahhh... so all of this is because you are upset about the "implied sentiment" of Maineman's post? Okay, now we are getting somewhere. What exactly was the "implied sentiment" in your humble opinion? I think we are just about on the cusp of getting to the real issue here.
I never defended Jefferson. You can feel free to check. The threads about him are on the board somewhere. Do a quick search.
Also, I don't know if anyone has told you this, but it is not a good thing to make generalizations - even about the libs and their tolerance. Tsk...Tsk...
By the way, it is "tolerance," not "tolorance." I don't usually correct spelling (on the theory that most are typos), but you have made the mistake several times. I do believe in educating the disadvantaged.

I never asked if you defended him. I asked if you gave him the same critical treatment as you are willing to defend mainman dolinig out to a gay republican who you seem to think shouldn't have been gay or shouldn't have been an elected republcian. did you just try to bluff with a strawman?

And, again, ignore what you will... but how many people from the right said EXACTLY the same thing about his post?

oh yes, SPELLING! HAHAHAHA! you totally got me there, dude.. heres an easy one for you:

dam, yu r soo smarrt! Itt tackes a reel masstermynd too takkle th bigg isues lyke wordz speld rong. Goshe, I almmoste wante two staart which huunting gaye replikanz to!

Hey, i'm sure no other hate group felt the same way! Fair game because YOU don't think they qualify based on YOUR opinions of their lifestyle. Indeed, tell me about that tolorance talking point again. I guess that makes every private jet and limo used by the environmentalist dems a little too rich for you to pass up giving the same ridicule too, eh?

no?!?!?!

b-b-b-but I thought your main concern was HYPOCRICY?!?!?!

and of course you like my analogies. Smart people have a way of bedazzling with their words those a little lower on the IQ scale.

Hypocrisy is the issue. Perhaps that is why I mentioned it in the post you are responding to. It is also fair game, primarily because it is a question of character, and also because it is electorally significant.

As for environmentalist taking private planes. That is fair game too. Perhaps you recall in my post where I mentioned it would be fair game to point out if Gore used a private jet???? Yeah.

You are really reaching with the hate group stuff.

I do love that down home stuff.

Once again - "tolerant," not "tolorant" (especially funny because you question my IQ just a little further down).

You are so cute when you get all outraged.

""Tenez?" I am sorry, I am not familiar with the word."

Indeed, what were you JUST saying about educating the disadvantaged?
HAHA!

"Okay, the crux of the issue beckons. Did Maineman post with wording that could be construed as a generalization of all Republicans? I don't think so, but I am willing to let you have this one. For the sake of argument, let us say that he did. "

sure, you dont think so. SHOCKER. hey, i wonder if ann coutler would feel the same way about the rediculous comments of sean hannity? it blows the mind, lemme tellya. NOT to mention the very fact that, indeed, was expressed in the thread by local conservatives.. but hey, lets ignore that while you construct your strawman.

"Of course... and you know I hate to be a bother... but... He did also state, just a couple of posts after his thread starter, that:
"Of course....a minority of republicans are perverts" and
"Clearly, all republicans are not perverts""

after the very second post called him on it, no less...

"Good. No problem. Whatever transgression he made initially, he clarified and corrected.
As for the privacy of gay Republicans. They are entitled to as much privacy as any other politician. Alas... very little."

HA! ooook. So, then, are you finally admitting that the ken star investigation was fair game too? After all, Ole Billy wasn't entitled to much privacy, right?

"I don't go digging through their garbage cans (or freezers), but when information comes out that calls their character (hypocrite) into question, it is newsworthy and generally relevant to their constituents. As such, it is also relevant electorally... as MM pointed out."

like how it was important for the nation to see the character behind someone who would cheat on their wife while in the white house by getting a blowjob and using a cigar as a dildo? Gotcha! glad to see you can finally admit how important and relevant it was to investigate with the intention of character assasination!

:rofl:

I never asked if you defended him. I asked if you gave him the same critical treatment as you are willing to defend mainman dolinig out to a gay republican who you seem to think shouldn't have been gay or shouldn't have been an elected republcian. did you just try to bluff with a strawman?

And, again, ignore what you will... but how many people from the right said EXACTLY the same thing about his post?

oh yes, SPELLING! HAHAHAHA! you totally got me there, dude.. heres an easy one for you:

dam, yu r soo smarrt! Itt tackes a reel masstermynd too takkle th bigg isues lyke wordz speld rong. Goshe, I almmoste wante two staart which huunting gaye replikanz to!

Sorry, your post wasn't that clear. You asked who I was defending when the Jefferson story broke. I thought you were implying I was defending Jefferson. You see how you can mean one thing, but others just assume you mean something else. Oh well, you clarified yourself. No harm. No foul.

I only point out the spelling because you made the mistake several times, and I want you to be smart... and I want you to be all you can be. If we don't help each other, who will?

and I am unaware of any in congress who are both members of the log cabin republicans, who either vote AGAINST gay rights legislation, and/or castigate the gay lifestyle as did the senator in question.
but if there are some, let me know who they are so that I can examine their voting records.
if you are saying that, merely by voting FOR a republican, that a log cabin republican votes against his or her interest, then you have the oft-mistaken impression that a gay person's sexuality is the most important interest in their life.
Gays can be gun owners. Gays can be rabidly pro-life. Gays can be in the top tax bracket and see that republicans are looking out for their financial interests.

yet you expect this elected republican to make his sexuality the forfront of his political agenda.. because he was gay?

uh huh.

but, because he was GAY he was required to buck his party line and obliged to make gay issues his priority... but other gay republicans are off the hook?

HAHAHA!

riiiiiiiiight. Again, that sentiment is no better than a conservative insisting that gays should not be allowed in the military and I bet youd be crying about the civil liberties of gay ex soldiers who were hunted down and ratted out by a conservative holding your same opinion too.

"Hypocrisy is the issue. Perhaps that is why I mentioned it in the post you are responding to. It is also fair game, primarily because it is a question of character, and also because it is electorally significant."

Like bill Clinton during the Ken Starr investigation, right? NO?!?!?!?!

"As for environmentalist taking private planes. That is fair game too. Perhaps you recall in my post where I mentioned it would be fair game to point out if Gore used a private jet???? Yeah."

Perhaps you can show me where you have railed on gore's hypocricy with the quickness found in this thread? I mean, it's HYPOCRICY you can't stand, right? not gay elected republicans but the HYPOCRICY, right?

"You are really reaching with the hate group stuff.
I do love that down home stuff.

"Once again - "tolerant," not "tolorant" (especially funny because you question my IQ just a little further down). "

funnier still because you can't seem to figure out where the word Tenez comes from. Indeed, it is SPELLING, no ideals, which makes a man intellegent. Hell, just read Ben Franklin's autobiography! Good LORD what a fucking idiot he must have been, right?

"You are so cute when you get all outraged."

hehehe.. outraged. You must get a lot of things confused on a daily basis.

Indeed, what were you JUST saying about educating the disadvantaged?
HAHA!

I did look up "tenez." It just doesn't happen to be in the dictionary.

after the very second post called him on it, no less...

HA! ooook. So, then, are you finally admitting that the ken star investigation was fair game too? After all, Ole Billy wasn't entitled to much privacy, right?

like how it was important for the nation to see the character behind someone who would cheat on their wife while in the white house by getting a blowjob and using a cigar as a dildo? Gotcha! glad to see you can finally admit how important and relevant it was to investigate with the intention of character assasination!

:rofl:

Good. We have no disagreement. Someone called MM out on an interpretation of his comment. Minutes later, he clarified it. No problem. No harm. No foul. Why you felt the need to chime in after he clarified, I don't know, but perhaps you just wanted to reiterate that he should be more clear. Well done to you sir.

To be honest, I don't even remember what Ken Starr's investigatory mandate was, but provided he was within it - okay. Whether the issue was worth the cost is another question (for the taxpayer), but I have no problem investigating whether a politician committed a crime - provide there is cause.

Sorry, your post wasn't that clear. You asked who I was defending when the Jefferson story broke. I thought you were implying I was defending Jefferson. You see how you can mean one thing, but others just assume you mean something else. Oh well, you clarified yourself. No harm. No foul.

I only point out the spelling because you made the mistake several times, and I want you to be smart... and I want you to be all you can be. If we don't help each other, who will?

Your ability to comprehend beyond misspelled words is neither here nor there. By all means, find every word spelled wrong that you can now that I seem to have pummeled you so bad that you'd rather relapse into lame grammer nazi patrol than defend your sinking ship. It's cool. They are probably lying when they say that focusing ad hominems and spelling errors denotes a losing debate. After all, an elected gay republican probably said that and we all know that THEY aren't fit for public office.

Perhaps you can show me where you have railed on gore's hypocricy with the quickness found in this thread? I mean, it's HYPOCRICY you can't stand, right? not gay elected republicans but the HYPOCRICY, right?

Does Gore take a private plane? If so, then he would be a hypocrite. I've got no problem with someone calling him on that.

funnier still because you can't seem to figure out where the word Tenez comes from. Indeed, it is SPELLING, no ideals, which makes a man intellegent. Hell, just read Ben Franklin's autobiography! Good LORD what a fucking idiot he must have been, right?

I don't know what "tenez" is. If it is a gap in my schooling, then I guess I will just have to make it up. Please let me know. I have no fear of knowledge.

You read Ben Franklin's autobiography? How fascinating for you.

Your ability to comprehend beyond misspelled words is neither here nor there. By all means, find every word spelled wrong that you can now that I seem to have pummeled you so bad that you'd rather relapse into lame grammer nazi patrol than defend your sinking ship. It's cool. They are probably lying when they say that focusing ad hominems and spelling errors denotes a losing debate. After all, an elected gay republican probably said that and we all know that THEY aren't fit for public office.

I really thought we were getting along. Are you upset with me?

Pummeled??? Yes indeed sir, you acumen was too much for poor me. I guess I will just retire in shame and look for the strength to go on.

Sinking ship? I thought we agreed. MM made a boo boo, and then fixed it. Problem solved. Everyone can join hands and sing.

Does Gore take a private plane? If so, then he would be a hypocrite. I've got no problem with someone calling him on that.
I don't know what "tenez" is. If it is a gap in my schooling, then I guess I will just have to make it up. Please let me know. I have no fear of knowledge.
You read Ben Franklin's autobiography? How fascinating for you.

and how dreadful for you since you seem to think spelling a word correctly disqualifies an ideal. Don't ever look at Franklin's book, dude.. It might just turn the remaining ounce of your greymatter into pudding.

Forum List

Back