Republican Senator - family values!

maineman

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2006
guess
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

(CNN) — Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, was fined earlier this month for a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge stemming from his arrest in June at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, according to Minnesota criminal records.

While the criminal records did not provide details of why Craig was arrested, Roll Call newspaper reported Monday that he was apprehended by a plainclothes police officer investigating complaints of lewd behavior in an airport men's room.
In a statement released Monday evening, Craig denied any inappropriate conduct and said he now regrets his guilty plea"

we don't need too damn many more of those fucking republican perverts in the senate to be "exposed" and 60 votes after 08 will be a cakewalk!

(CNN) — Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, was fined earlier this month for a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge stemming from his arrest in June at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, according to Minnesota criminal records.

While the criminal records did not provide details of why Craig was arrested, Roll Call newspaper reported Monday that he was apprehended by a plainclothes police officer investigating complaints of lewd behavior in an airport men's room.
In a statement released Monday evening, Craig denied any inappropriate conduct and said he now regrets his guilty plea"
This sounds like a big thing to do about nothing. All that the plainclothes police officer had to say was “Do you have a nerve twitch on your right foot or are you asking me for sex? If you are asking me for sex, I’m not interested. Leave me alone.
we don't need too damn many more of those fucking republican perverts in the senate to be "exposed" and 60 votes after 08 will be a cakewalk!
What percentage of Republicans are “fucking perverts”? You are starting to sound like the liberal equivalent of “Red States Rule”. Be careful about generalizing.

LOL. I didn't even need to read the post to know where this was going. I was right of course. Filed under the heading: Individual behavior we can label a whole group of people with.

The only thing more predictable is going to be your response to this.

• Banned
LOL. I didn't even need to read the post to know where this was going. I was right of course. Filed under the heading: Individual behavior we can label a whole group of people with.

The only thing more predictable is going to be your response to this.

what?

how can I possibly respond? to the guy who claims that all liberals, by their very nature, are emotional and all conservatives are coldly objective?

I really am speechless.

• Banned
This sounds like a big thing to do about nothing. All that the plainclothes police officer had to say was “Do you have a nerve twitch on your right foot or are you asking me for sex? If you are asking me for sex, I’m not interested. Leave me alone.

What percentage of Republicans are “fucking perverts”? You are starting to sound like the liberal equivalent of “Red States Rule”. Be careful about generalizing.

come on...he pled guilty. If he had had a nervous twitch on his right foot, why in the world would he plead guilty to such an offense?

And of course....a minority of republicans are perverts.... it still is really amazing to me that after Haggard and Foley and this perv, that they can actually continue to throw stones at democrats about moral issues.

Do any of them really expect democrats not to jump on stories like this after thy have been harping about morality as if their shit didn't stink for years?

give me a break.

what?

how can I possibly respond? to the guy who claims that all liberals, by their very nature, are emotional and all conservatives are coldly objective?

I really am speechless.

Actually no, I never claimed that. I even explained it to you before. How conveniently forgetfull of you.

Typical turnaround and attack instead of actually defending your ludicrous statement.

• Banned
I think it is funny when the party that made such a big deal about the immorality of bill clinton, and who impeached him for a blowjob, and who ran their next campaign on bringing morality back to washington, gets caught doing shit like this.

Clearly, all republicans are not perverts..... but if you are going to throw morality stones from your glass house, and then people peek in and catch you trolling for gay sex in the restroom, you really ought to expect to have a few windows broken, don't you agree?

I think it is funny when the party that made such a big deal about the immorality of bill clinton, and who impeached him for a blowjob, and who ran their next campaign on bringing morality back to washington, gets caught doing shit like this.

Clearly, all republicans are not perverts..... but if you are going to throw morality stones from your glass house, and then people peek in and catch you trolling for gay sex in the restroom, you really ought to expect to have a few windows broken, don't you agree?

Sure I would expect it. In this particular case you would be the person breaking the windows. Kind of the old give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile response in my opinion. I don't think that's something to be real proud of either.

The guy plead guilty to lewd conduct.

Obviously this went beyond mere tapping of feet. You don't get arrested merely for tapping feet.

What is wrong with these republicans? There's been a slew of lewd behaviour from the party that expressed such faux shock and outrage over clinton's consensual affair

Sure I would expect it. In this particular case you would be the person breaking the windows. Kind of the old give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile response in my opinion. I don't think that's something to be real proud of either.

What on earth are you talking about? He's referring to the Repub's double standard... you know, prosecute 'em and vilify 'em if they're a dem.... talk about how unimportant the indiscretions are if they're a repub.

Dems aren't the ones who think they're the party of Jesus and running around preaching morality. So I figure the right should be held to their OWN standards, don't you? After all, y'all set the bar.

you know.... if you guys didn't want to politics to sink this low, you should have thought of that when you forced the entire country to stand still while you impeached a president.

what goes around comes around and trying to stand on the moral high ground given the track record of the right on this issue is really pretty fucking disingenuous.

like I said.... my party certainly has its share of sinners. My party has never run a campaign on bringing morality back to washington either. my party has never held the country hostage for months on end while it impeached a president for lying about a blowjob.

can you not understand that point, or are you just being intentionally obtuse?

*sigh*

you can do so much better... :eusa_naughty:

no i can't jfk and bobby did MM.....they were my heroes......gary did donna.....bill did fat chicks....i have become a dem....free sex and adultry with an abortion to solve it all....fuck this gay sex family value shit the gop is pushing....

you know.... if you guys didn't want to politics to sink this low, you should have thought of that when you forced the entire country to stand still while you impeached a president.

Buddy you started it. It's your thread, remember? Sink this low? let's have a look at just your track record as far as the truth is concerned in this thread alone.

You generalized the morals of one congressman on to entire party which you slowly backtracked on.

You claimed I called all liberals emotional, which I didn't and you know it.

You implied I am a republican, which you seem to have conveninetly forgotten I'm not.

You claim Clinton was impeached for a blow job, which is also patenlty false. He was impeached for lieing under oath.

That is quite the depth you've sunk to.

what goes around comes around and trying to stand on the moral high ground given the track record of the right on this issue is really pretty fucking disingenuous.

Again the only one sinking to any level is here is you. You started the thread. Based on the statement above and your statement about Dems also not being free of sinners should mean that no party should or has the right to run on morality. that's a little ridiculous

come on...he pled guilty. If he had had a nervous twitch on his right foot, why in the world would he plead guilty to such an offense?

Why did Clinton negotiate a settlement instead of continuing to fight Paula Jones’s appeal if Bill Clinton were not guilty? Perhaps a fight would be too much of a bother and he just wanted to move on.

And of course....a minority of republicans are perverts.... it still is really amazing to me that after Haggard and Foley and this perv, that they can actually continue to throw stones at democrats about moral issues.

What is Larry Craig’s specific position on such conduct? Is he a hypocrite? I’d rather vote for the candidate than on a straight party ticket (pun unintended). Besides, I suspect that there are some democrats who have preached the “moral high ground” who have been caught in compromising positions. Neither party holds exclusive rights to hypocrisy. It comes down to statistical “bean counting” if you want to find out statistically which party is less hypocritical. Again, that is why I prefer to judge the individual and not an entire party based on the antics of a few members.

Do any of them really expect democrats not to jump on stories like this after thy have been harping about morality as if their shit didn't stink for years?

give me a break.

Republican supporters jump on stories about unethical conduct committed by Democrats and Democrats jump on stories about unethical conduct committed by Republicans. Still, two wrongs do not make a right.

And of course actually reading the charge one learns that the cop "deciphered" foot tapping as a covert signal for sex. If there were ANY other cooberation on the charge it sure as hell would be in the Story.

But hey lets pretend otherwise.

Meanwhile maineman and company do not mind one bit that one of their own on this board has repeatedly called American troops terrorists, mass murderers, criminals and Nazi's. And equated our military to that Of Nazi Germany. Our citizens to that of Germans in the late 30's through the WW2. Further refering to our Government as a Government of terrorists and Nazi's.

Larkinn and Reilly have openly praised her as well.

BUT do tell us how bad it is when a Senator decides to try and settle a matter quickly without first hiring 50 lawyers. He has explained himself. Now if this Senator had been a Muslim or a black people like Maineman would be howling about prejudice and abuse of police power.

More evidence of why I have Maineman on Ignore.

And of course actually reading the charge one learns that the cop "deciphered" foot tapping as a covert signal for sex. If there were ANY other cooberation on the charge it sure as hell would be in the Story.

But hey lets pretend otherwise.

When I was in law school, I worked in the Manhattan DA's office, and they had a collection of undercover police officers that would stakeout public restrooms (mostly in the parks) to arrest people for lewd behavior. Odd as it sounds, there is a sort of "code of conduct" for people wanting to engage in certain types of behaviors in public restrooms. My guess is that Craig's behavior corresponded to the common code of conduct and that is why he was arrested. It may not be explicitly asking for it, but I bet the police officer had sufficient grounds for the arrest.

Meanwhile maineman and company do not mind one bit that one of their own on this board has repeatedly called American troops terrorists, mass murderers, criminals and Nazi's. And equated our military to that Of Nazi Germany. Our citizens to that of Germans in the late 30's through the WW2. Further refering to our Government as a Government of terrorists and Nazi's.

Larkinn and Reilly have openly praised her as well.

That is a gross simplification of Ruby's argument, which it wouldn't hurt you to try to understand. I do praise her as an intelligent and articulate poster, although I do not always agree with her.

Forum List

Back