Republican Senator - family values!

DeadCanDance said:
Good God, screaming eagle...what would you NeoCons do, if you couldn't travel back a quarter century or more, to talk about some Democratic sleaziness in the ancient past?...what would you guys do, if you didn't have the ancient history of Garry Studds and Chappaquidick to talk about? All I can say, is that Dems must have been pretty well behaved generally in the last quarter century, if you have to keep time traveliing to the 1970s and early 80s.
Yes, Democrats have a pretty darn sleazy history. Plus you got Bubba as your Big Star of the "Oral Orifice" who is now pushing for position of First Gentleman…now there's a laugh. She ain't no lady and he ain't no gentleman. No telling how many more "gates" and "guests" we'd have at the White House if they got reelected.

DeadCanDance said:
I don't think Larry Craig should resign. Part of me feels sorry for him - living a lie all these years, has to tear one apart mentally and emotionally. His crime was not so egrergious, that its inexcusable. Its certainly sleazy, and I'm disturbed that he's obviously lying to the cop on the audio tape, during the interview. But, I know that humans are imperfect. They're going to make mistakes. Unless they commit felonies, or very egregious ethical lapses, I'm not going to judge whether they should serve or not. That's up to their constituents. That's what makes me a Democrat and you a NeoCon.
You don't want Craig to resign because you "feel sorry" for him? So this is due to your liberal compassion and liberal sentimentality? You are darn right, that's the difference between us. That's why you are a neocom patsy and I'm a conservative. The guy broke the law. He even admitted guilt. Then he backpedaled. This guy is a U.S. Senator. That is not the kind of "mistake" I want to see a U.S. Senator make. It shows a serious lack of character and proves he is too stupid to stay in office. I'm glad that the Republican party has pressured him into resignation. We conservatives have no desire to have that kind of person represent us.

jillian said:
Because they conducted themselves inappropriately..... not illegally. The House, also, I might add, went beyond the recommendation of the judiciary committee.
Glad that you agree that Studds acted like a pervert. 99% of the House agreed too. There is hope for you yet.

jillian said:
I'm not quite sure why you feel you can make untrue, defamatory statements just because you're on the internet.
What defamatory statement? That Studds sodomized a minor? Hey, he even admitted as much - that he was having an affair with a teenager, a 17yo boy under the legal age of 18, which is by definition is a minor. I suppose that fact upsets you, but it is true. Maybe they met by toe tapping in a capital hill bathroom…?

jillian said:
Again, not worth responding to....
You don't want to respond to my claim that liberals support perverts because you are a liberal who doesn't want to support perverts, but by extension, you are supporting them.

jillian said:
I have no clue what that means,.. it's just rambling.
First, I know Craig is a hypocrite - in my world. However, in your liberal and pro-homosexual world, your reasoning behind calling him a hypocrite is based solely upon political purpose. You found out he is a homo who is against the political homo agenda. Thus Craig's homo behavior is not worth defending. Where did your "tolerance" for differences disappear to? Obviously liberals demand that a homo fall into fascistic lockstep with their political agenda or else they are dead meat.

jillian said:
Do you? I guess that's one opinion. Do you mean drawing the line like saying if Roe v Wade were repealed there'd be fewer rapes because women would have to be "more careful"?
Yes, in most cases. Let's not change the subject. The Left won't be happy until society is twisted enough to encompass their agenda. By the time that happens the Left won't give a damn anymore about homos because it will have attained its total control of society - which is the real goal. It's sentimental fools like you who have fallen for their sob stories who wind up promoting their agenda - which is to destroy our Christian American society and institute their godless society that bows only to the State.
mattskramer said:
I still can’t find where Frank committed statutory rape on a young man – a minor. If I had, then I would have been very surprised that Frank was still in office. Now, someone said that Frank sodomized a minor. Where is the information? Give me a link, a web site, anything. Well, luckily I’ve been taught to question what I’m told. Otherwise, I might think that Frank committed statutory rape. Where is the retraction or where is the evidence?
Quit your whiny, self-righteousness blathering - like I said before, if you would read post #299 you will see I only got your elected known perverts mixed up, as if it mattered. It was not Frank (as far as we know) who sodomized a minor - it was Studds. Studds even admitted the affair. However, BOTH Studds and Frank are examples of outright Democratic support of perversion. Studds was re-elected 6 times. Frank was also re-elected after a House Ethics reprimand. Frank's boyfriend was conducting a prostitution ring right there in Frank's home. And if you think poor Frankie didn't have a clue - then he's too dumb to be an elected rep. Birds of a feather flock together. Either way his character (or lack thereof) should have got him ousted from office. Yet the Left is willing to overlook the obvious in pursuit of power.

Quit your whiny, self-righteousness blathering - like I said before, if you would read post #299 you will see I only got your elected known perverts mixed up, as if it mattered. It was not Frank (as far as we know) who sodomized a minor - it was Studds. Studds even admitted the affair. However, BOTH Studds and Frank are examples of outright Democratic support of perversion. Studds was re-elected 6 times. Frank was also re-elected after a House Ethics reprimand. Frank's boyfriend was conducting a prostitution ring right there in Frank's home. And if you think poor Frankie didn't have a clue - then he's too dumb to be an elected rep. Birds of a feather flock together. Either way his character (or lack thereof) should have got him ousted from office. Yet the Left is willing to overlook the obvious in pursuit of power.

Try to get your facts straight. Well. You finally explained yourself - without apologizing. Oh well. I guess that I can’t expect much from you. I did not elect either person.Anyway, as I said before, there is not much difference between republicans and Democrats. They will try to change the rules when they get into trouble.

GOP Pushes Rule Change to Protect DeLay's Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54572-2004Nov16.html

They will reelect their own people even when their people have a history of corruption and unethical behavior.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boehner

They will try to do just enough to protect their own without losing too many votes from people who become angry at the way that they circle the wagons.

It all comes down to bean counting.

Here is another character:

http://www.culturekitchen.com/categories/republican_corruption

Kentucky just held their primary election for Governor. The results (see here) mean currently indicted Republican Governor Ernie Fletcher will face off against Democrat Steve Beshear in November's general election. Democrat Beshear has been a reformer, pushing for a referendum reforming the Kentucky Judicial System and working as a consumer advocate. By contrast, Ernie Fletcher is currently indicted on charges of conspiracy, official misconduct and political discrimination. And yet Republicans elected Fletcher in the primary with just over 50% of the vote. Once again, the Republican Party shows itself to be accepting of corruption.

Republicans have their share of support for corruption if you just look.

Try to get your facts straight. Well. You finally explained yourself - without apologizing. Oh well. I guess that I can’t expect much from you. I did not elect either person.Anyway, as I said before, there is not much difference between republicans and Democrats. They will try to change the rules when they get into trouble.

Yeah, I figured you were out for an apology of some sort. Dream on pervert patsy.

I know. Name-calling and posting erroneous statement is more your style.
Wow. How many times can a person be wrong on this board!? I am not a pervert.

I didn't say you were one. I said you were a patsy for them. If you run around whining about Barney Frank as if he is some sort of innocent you deserve the label.

I didn't say you were one. I said you were a patsy for them. If you run around whining about Barney Frank as if he is some sort of innocent you deserve the label.

Oh well. You are wrong in that case then. I am not a patsy for anyone or for any party. I do value logic, truth, and correctness. I am not whining about Barney Frank. He is probably guilty of some unethical, if not illegal, activity. If I was whining I was whining about the erroneous statement that Frank committed sodomy on a minor. You finally made the correction.

You got it all wrong, he is a mo0derate free thinker. Just because he has never found a democrat to critizes and critizes republicans doesn't mean anything at all.

By the way, all you needed to do to be forgiven by him was say " In my opinion" then you can make any outrageous claim you want for days and then when finally cornered on it just slip in " in my opinion" and your good to go.

You got it all wrong, he is a mo0derate free thinker. Just because he has never found a democrat to critizes and critizes republicans doesn't mean anything at all.

I criticized MM.

By the way, all you needed to do to be forgiven by him was say " In my opinion" then you can make any outrageous claim you want for days and then when finally cornered on it just slip in " in my opinion" and your good to go.

Someone made an outrageous claim about Bush. The claim was brought to my attention. I looked at the post. The person who created the posted said that her conclusion was her opinion as opposed to her conclusion being an established fact. If she had continued to claim that her conclusion was a proven fact, I would have likewise “called her on it”.

Oh well. You are wrong in that case then. I am not a patsy for anyone or for any party. I do value logic, truth, and correctness. I am not whining about Barney Frank. He is probably guilty of some unethical, if not illegal, activity. If I was whining I was whining about the erroneous statement that Frank committed sodomy on a minor. You finally made the correction.

I did not "finally" make the correction. I made it freely way back in post #299 after jillian questioned it immediately. I said I got your elected perverts mixed up. Then post #299 was also referenced for DCD too. And you were also referenced to it. Obviously you decided to ignore it.

But, however, you continued to whine and make out like Barney Frank was some kind of innocent person being injured by some wrongful claim. Either you are a lazy jerk or you were doing it on purpose. Your leftie games are not as slick as you think.

I did not "finally" make the correction. I made it freely way back in post #299 after jillian questioned it immediately. I said I got your elected perverts mixed up. Then post #299 was also referenced for DCD too. And you were also referenced to it. Obviously you decided to ignore it.

But, however, you continued to whine and make out like Barney Frank was some kind of innocent person being injured by some wrongful claim. Either you are a lazy jerk or you were doing it on purpose. Your leftie games are not as slick as you think.

Okay. I stand corrected. You did correct yourself after she called your attention to it. You stated
Not really....I just got your much-loved perverts mixed up.

It is funny how you throw in irrelevant and possibly erroneous additives. Who greatly loves Barney Frank?

there you go again.

Simply making stuff up and pulling it out of your ass.

I don't recall anyone saying Barney Frank was some kind of pure, innocent soul. I'm sure he's as flawed as anyone on this board, or in congress. He's made his fair share of mistakes and sins.

when he paid for sex, with a male prostitute who was of consensual age, it was pretty sleazy. But, its not like he committed an egregious crime that harmed anyone else. You alleged he committed a crime of statutory rape of an underage boy.

there you go again.

I don't recall anyone saying Barney Frank was some kind of pure, innocent soul. I'm sure he's as flawed as anyone on this board, or in congress. He's made his fair share of mistakes and sins.

when he paid for sex, with a male prostitute who was of consensual age, it was pretty sleazy. But, its not like he committed an egregious crime that harmed anyone else. You alleged he committed a crime of statutory rape of an underage boy.

You're dumber than mattskramer.

Not only sleazy, but against the laws of Massachusetts.
http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/sex.html

Re-electing a U.S. Representative after he broke the law is a whole lot worse than sleazy.

That's exactly why Senator Craig had to go.

Please. You're embarrassing yourself.

If we had to fire every congressmen and senator who had ever paid for sex at least once in their lives, there'd be no one left in congress.

But, thanks for playing, and proving yet again that the GOP is the party of intolerant, crazy religious nuts. That's why I left the GOP years ago. Thanks for reminding me why :clap2:

Can we just let this piece of shit Senator crawl off to whatever hole he came from, and call it good?

No wonder we need "playground" supervisors, the "piling on" is embarrassing.:eusa_sick:

Obviously the Democrat party and the morally bankrupt liberals in Massachusetts who keep electing him.

Just because you vote for someone does not mean that you love him. I don’t like Kerry and I don’t like Bush. I preferred Bush a tiny bit to Kerry. Yet, that certainly does not mean that I love Bush. I simply consider him to be the “lesser of two evils”.

there you go again.

I finally found where he cleared that up. He made a mistake but quickly corrected it. I admit that it took me a while to notice it. That is all.

Forum List

Back