Republican Senate candidate says rape pregnancies are "God's will"

Anyone who understands the power of God can see the wisdom in his statement. You have to be able to understand that an all powerful being is capable of producing good from evil.

Actually, anyone who understands God's power would reject such a foolish statement. An all powerful God can stop the evil the first place. An all powerful God can bring about the good without the evil happening. And the argument from free will does nothing to save your weak minded statement. Because an all powerful God can do all those things without violating free will.

To many liberals get the idea from their religion, secularism, that their wants and desires are the most important thing --- that THEY can determine what is good and/or bad.

Any all powerful god that thinks rape is good, is himself bad.

Your god is an asshole. Bottom line. There's nothing good about a woman being beaten and forced to the ground, her clothes torn, and a man that either she thought was someone trustworthy or who is a total stranger forcibly penetrates her, often repeatedly. There's nothing good about being forced to carry the child of that vicious attack and being told that some god wanted it to happen so it's okay.

Your god needs to fuck himself in the eye.

Nice --- see I was wrong - there are many underdeveloped minds not capable of understanding.

This fool is actually suggesting that God is an asshole because of what a rapist chose to do... lol

According to the Bible every thing that happens, happens according to plan.

It's not blasphemy to know that about God that which he tells us.

That might be so, but its still offensive. Would you tell the parents of a murdered child that it was Gods will that their child be raped and murdered?
Of course not.

Hey there are those out there who do accept it is their Lord's will. And we are talking "Gods" from many faiths.

The battle still continues of those that believe in predestination and those that believe in free will. This has gone on for centuries.

The point of what I believe he was trying to say is that despite the circumstances as repugnant as this is to some that the baby that the life is a gift from God.

Your god is an asshole. Bottom line. There's nothing good about a woman being beaten and forced to the ground, her clothes torn, and a man that either she thought was someone trustworthy or who is a total stranger forcibly penetrates her, often repeatedly. There's nothing good about being forced to carry the child of that vicious attack and being told that some god wanted it to happen so it's okay.

Nice --- see I was wrong - there are many underdeveloped minds not capable of understanding.

This fool is actually suggesting that God is an asshole because of what a rapist chose to do... lol

I get what she is saying, though.

You said that God has given a gift, as in the gift of life. Something good to come out of that rape, like having a baby is intended to get the woman off drugs, or something.

But what about the rapist? Does God actually think to himself 'Well, I will make that young man over there rape that woman, so she can get pregnant and come off drugs'.

Why doesn't he just prevent the rape from happening?

To many liberals get the idea from their religion, secularism, that their wants and desires are the most important thing --- that THEY can determine what is good and/or bad.

Any all powerful god that thinks rape is good, is himself bad.

You are the only one suggesting that God thinks rape is good....

No, you're doing that. You're saying that God brings good out of the rape. If he wants to bring forth something good, he should do it without relying on the rape. Here's something good he could bring about: stopping people from raping others in the first place.

What makes your God an asshole, is that he didn't prevent the rape, even though he's all powerful.

God doesn't prevent people from chosing to do good things or bad.

True, but he knows what choices a person will make, and he should help them make better choices by influencing their decisions.

Chose to do? You just said "God would never allow the pregnancy if it weren't part of a bigger picture," implying that rapists are simply fulfilling God's plan.

A woman can't terminate a pregnancy if she's been raped because the rape was sanctioned by God. That's the premise here. Perhaps you should consider the best way to start walking back your knee jerk support for it.

O;'jeezzz. What a fucking loon. NO ASSHOLE, GOD DIDN"T WANT THE PIECE OF SHIT TO RAPE THE WOMAN. WTF is wrong with these morons???

This guy needs to step the fuck down.:mad:

He believes in predestination that's all. Many do.

Justin Bieber's mother was sexually abused as a child. Had many rough teenage years. When she got pregnant as a teenager everyone told her to abort.

She had faith in the her Lord that this was her destiny to have this child.

Now the world has Justin Bieber who even if you don't like his music is a wonderful inspiration to many and brings great joy.

There are many many stories out there where people carry on in faith and that there is a reason for what is happening to them and their Lord will carry them thru.

Boy I could give so many.

You said that God has given a gift, as in the gift of life. Something good to come out of that rape, like having a baby is intended to get the woman off drugs, or something.

But what about the rapist? Does God actually think to himself 'Well, I will make that young man over there rape that woman, so she can get pregnant and come off drugs'.

The same reason he doesn;t stop liberals from murdering babies.... It's our choice to behave the way we do. Our prize or penalty isn't one of earth. Again, things things in our immediate grasp are insignificant in the REAL picture of importance...

This is too far off political issues - not the place for this conversation. From the political view --- it's very obvious that suggesting this to be a debatable topic makes perfect sense, as I have most certainly proved by creating this debate....

The future Senator is correct and all you libs helped me prove that.

Anyone who would call Almighty God such a vile name actually hates themself. Too obvious.

Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool. ~ Eccl. 10:3

Chose to do? You just said "God would never allow the pregnancy if it weren't part of a bigger picture," implying that rapists are simply fulfilling God's plan.

A woman can't terminate a pregnancy if she's been raped because the rape was sanctioned by God. That's the premise here. Perhaps you should consider the best way to start walking back your knee jerk support for it.

I'm not walking back anything --- Just because you are to obtuse to understand Gods plan, it doesn't mean I have to spend my time justifying things you are not capable of understanding. Pray for understanding --- I guarantee it will come if you really want it to.

I'm not walking back anything --- Just because you are to obtuse to understand Gods plan, it doesn't mean I have to spend my time justifying things you are not capable of understanding. Pray for understanding --- I guarantee it will come if you really want it to.

Thankfully I don't have much interest in watching yet another one of you nuts justify rape.

You can run down the "what if" road till the cows come home, you either have faith or not. If you don't then the discussion will be fruitless because you lack what it takes to understand the other point of view.

Forum List

Back