Republican Senate candidate says rape pregnancies are "God's will"

According to the Bible every thing that happens, happens according to plan.

It's not blasphemy to know that about God that which he tells us.

That might be so, but its still offensive. Would you tell the parents of a murdered child that it was Gods will that their child be raped and murdered?
Of course not.

I wanted to come back to you with a perfect example. It does not mean that the parents don't grieve and agonize and have to come to terms with their faith and with their God. Not all.

It means you go thru many phases. Have you ever heard of Adam? And John Walsh?

And after John Walsh came to terms as to what happened to his life and his wife's life what he has done in the name of his son?

Adam's kidnapping and murder prompted John Walsh to become an advocate for victims rights and helped to spur the formation of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC). As a result of his advocacy, he was approached to host the television program America's Most Wanted.[citation needed]

The Code Adam program for helping lost children in department stores is named in Walsh's memory.[citation needed] The U.S. Congress passed the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act on July 25, 2006, and President Bush signed it into law on July 27, 2006.

The signing ceremony took place on the South Lawn of the White House, attended by John and Revé Walsh. The bill institutes a national database of convicted child molesters, and increases penalties for sexual and violent offenses against children.[6] It also creates a RICO cause of action for child predators and those who conspire with them

Murder of Adam Walsh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can run down the "what if" road till the cows come home, you either have faith or not. If you don't then the discussion will be fruitless because you lack what it takes to understand the other point of view.

Utter stupidity?

I'm not walking back anything --- Just because you are to obtuse to understand Gods plan, it doesn't mean I have to spend my time justifying things you are not capable of understanding. Pray for understanding --- I guarantee it will come if you really want it to.

Thankfully I don't have much interest in watching yet another one of you nuts justify rape.

Nobody is justifying rape....

You arguments are sophmoric - and your debate skillls elementary --- when you grow intellectually enough to have a fair discussion minus your hate and anger let me know. Again, I suggest prayer. I used to be stupid and angry just like you....

Anyone who understands the power of God can see the wisdom in his statement. You have to be able to understand that an all powerful being is capable of producing good from evil. It's is such a simple concept that even liberals can grasp it --- at least I would think they would have an intellect developed enough to understand it. Maybe I'm wrong here??...

Wrong? I'm suspecting mentally ill.

In 1988, Republican Pennsylvania Rep. Stephen Freind said the odds that a woman who is raped will get knocked up are "one in millions and millions and millions" because rape causes a woman to "secrete a certain secretion" that kills evil sperm.

In 1995, North Carolina state Rep. Henry Aldridge told the House Appropriations Committee that "The facts show that people who are raped — who are truly raped — the juices don't flow, the body functions don't work and they don't get pregnant. Medical authorities agree that this is a rarity, if ever."

In 1990, Texas Republican gubernatorial nominee Clayton Williams told ranchers that victims should take rape in stride and try to enjoy it — like when you have picnic plans but then there's a huge thunderstorm so you decide to see a movie instead and it turns out to be a pretty enjoyable afternoon after all! Yes, Williams literally compared rape to the foggy weather that was affecting his ongoing speech by saying, "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it.''

In 1997, Bush appointee Federal Judge James Leon Holmes said in an article that "concern for rape victims is a red herring because conceptions from rape occur with approximately the same frequency as snowfall in Miami."

The Official Guide to Legitimate Rape

Last year, Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act", which introduced the awesome new term "forcible rape" into our vernacular. Federal funds can only be used to pay for abortion in cases when a woman is raped; the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act" sought to chip away at that exception by clarifying that only pregnancies resulting from "forcible rape" would qualify for federally funded abortions. The true meaning of "forcible rape" was never clearly defined, and the term was eventually removed from the bill.

Another whacked out religious nutjob.
I wish these people would keep their mouths shut, how hurtful and offensive would it be for a rape victim to be told that if she gets pregnant, it was Gods will?

The resident whack job is trying to paint someone else as extreme. Want to go another round and end up looking dumber than cow shit again, or do you simply want to admit that he didn't say anything to justify your stupid attack?

Mitt Romney is for ending funding for Planned Parenthood...including cancer screenings.

He said he would overturn Roe v Wade.

We have Republicans trying to redefine rape....trying to force women to get invasive ultrasounds.

In the last two years over 1,000 anti choice bills were introduced at the state level by Republicans.

From the Center for Reproductive Rights report:

"The Center is hard-pressed to cite a time in the last twenty years that can rival -- in volume and in severity -- this most recent period of anti-woman, anti-child, and anti-health legislative action in the United States."

According to the Bible every thing that happens, happens according to plan.

It's not blasphemy to know that about God that which he tells us.

That might be so, but its still offensive. Would you tell the parents of a murdered child that it was Gods will that their child be raped and murdered?
Of course not.

I wanted to come back to you with a perfect example. It does not mean that the parents don't grieve and agonize and have to come to terms with their faith and with their God. Not all.

It means you go thru many phases. Have you ever heard of Adam? And John Walsh?

And after John Walsh came to terms as to what happened to his life and his wife's life what he has done in the name of his son?

Adam's kidnapping and murder prompted John Walsh to become an advocate for victims rights and helped to spur the formation of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC). As a result of his advocacy, he was approached to host the television program America's Most Wanted.[citation needed]

The Code Adam program for helping lost children in department stores is named in Walsh's memory.[citation needed] The U.S. Congress passed the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act on July 25, 2006, and President Bush signed it into law on July 27, 2006.

The signing ceremony took place on the South Lawn of the White House, attended by John and Revé Walsh. The bill institutes a national database of convicted child molesters, and increases penalties for sexual and violent offenses against children.[6] It also creates a RICO cause of action for child predators and those who conspire with them

Murder of Adam Walsh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You make it sound like what happened to Adam was ALMOST a good thing, that if it wasn't for Adam's murder, none of the programs or laws would have happened. I don't believe that. The Child Protection Act et al. came about because of necessity and if it wasn't Adam's murder, it very well could have come about from the other countless murders of children in this country. I think predestination is a figment of our overworked imaginations.

Last edited:
Last year, Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act", which introduced the awesome new term "forcible rape" into our vernacular. Federal funds can only be used to pay for abortion in cases when a woman is raped; the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act" sought to chip away at that exception by clarifying that only pregnancies resulting from "forcible rape" would qualify for federally funded abortions. The true meaning of "forcible rape" was never clearly defined, and the term was eventually removed from the bill.

Did their proposed act have a 'Scott DesJarlais' exemption clause, you know, just in case God doesn't bestow his grace on the right people?

Mitt Romney is for ending funding for Planned Parenthood...including cancer screenings.

He said he would overturn Roe v Wade.

We have Republicans trying to redefine rape....trying to force women to get invasive ultrasounds.

Darn right he is. Not one penny of U.S. tax dollars should EVER go to an organization whose prime function is murder....

In the last two years over 1,000 anti choice bills were introduced at the state level by Republicans.

From the Center for Reproductive Rights report:

"The Center is hard-pressed to cite a time in the last twenty years that can rival -- in volume and in severity -- this most recent period of anti-woman, anti-child, and anti-health legislative action in the United States."

You act as if posting good news about Republicans will better YOUR cause....

lol

Anyone who understands the power of God can see the wisdom in his statement. You have to be able to understand that an all powerful being is capable of producing good from evil. It's is such a simple concept that even liberals can grasp it --- at least I would think they would have an intellect developed enough to understand it. Maybe I'm wrong here??...

Not many people would see a pregnancy as a good thing to come of rape.

There are an estimated 12,000 children born every year to victims of rape every year, I am sure every single one of them would be delighted to tell you just how glad they are that their mothers got pregnant, even if the method was reprehensible. Maybe we should just kill all of them to make you feel better.

Forum List

Back