Republican Politicians Banned From Labor Day Parade In Wisconsin

Wausau Mayor Jim Tipple told Reuters on Tuesday that the decision to exclude elected Republicans "flies in the face of public policy."

"This is not a political rally, it's a parade, for God's sake," Tipple said, noting that taxpayer money is used by the city to pay for staging the event. Tipple's office is nonpartisan, and he claims no affiliation with either political party.

Labor leaders must pay for parade if GOP banned, mayor says | Reuters

Wausau Mayor Jim Tipple told Reuters on Tuesday that the decision to exclude elected Republicans "flies in the face of public policy."

"This is not a political rally, it's a parade, for God's sake," Tipple said, noting that taxpayer money is used by the city to pay for staging the event. Tipple's office is nonpartisan, and he claims no affiliation with either political party.

SWEET..

As I said, NOW YOU KNOW why people have such a LOW OPONION of Unions.
Way to go for your CAUSE...:lol:

Here's a heart warming story about how our friends on the left are eager to practice what they preach about peace, love & brotherhood!
WASHINGTON -- A group of Wisconsin union officials has voted to ban Republican politicians from a local Labor Day parade, underscoring how partisan the state has become in the wake of this year's clashes over collective bargaining rights.

The Marathon County Central Labor Council, which sponsors the parade, includes some 30 local unions.

Council President Randy Radtke said in a statement on the group's website that politicians are only welcome at the festivities if they have demonstrated support for workers' rights.

link

Seems reasonable to me. Jews don't invite Nazis to break bread after the Yom Kippur fast; blacks and catholics don't invite the KKK to supper, and Yankee and Red Sox fans don't picnic together on Independence Day.

in light of post #197, you know, right above yours? I find your comment the usual whacked idiocy....do carry on.

Here's a heart warming story about how our friends on the left are eager to practice what they preach about peace, love & brotherhood!

link

Hummmmm, looking at the OP again, only politicians who have "demonstrated support for workers' rights are" invited. Most conservatives support right to work laws so they would be pro-worker, just not necessarily pro union workers, right?
You'd think. However, union shills don't support non-union workers.

I once asked a union supporter who had more right to work: A non-union American citizen, or a union illegal alien.

He refused to answer.

Of course, that answered the question.

That's because unions are not pro-worker, they're pro themselves.

Use your brain and have some common sense, if most of the people are going to boo and jeer them why should they show up? they can hold their own event, who's stopping them?

Because they have the right to boo and jeer them just as they have the right to boo and jeer at KKK parades. And for the same reason.

I recall lots of booing and jeering from leftist whack jobs at various public events.
Imagine the Klan marching along side Dr. King from Selma to Montgomery. Why would they do that? Because they supported Dr. King and the civil rights movement?

Now, put a Wisconsin Republican in a Labor Day parade. Is there any difference?

I guess it would have been strange to see Robert Byrd in full Klan regalia marching along w/ MLK. It's a faulty comparison though, because opposing collective bargaining for public workers is not at all the same as opposing American workers. Unless, of course, you're prepared to claim FDR was anti-worker. The following is a quote from a letter penned by FDR.

All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters.

http://www.conservativeblog.org/amy...pposing-public-employee-government-union.html

It is funny to think, though, that FDR would NOT be invited to this event. LOL

Last edited:
WASHINGTON -- A group of Wisconsin union officials has voted to ban Republican politicians from a local Labor Day parade, underscoring how partisan the state has become in the wake of this year's clashes over collective bargaining rights.

The Marathon County Central Labor Council, which sponsors the parade, includes some 30 local unions.

Council President Randy Radtke said in a statement on the group's website that politicians are only welcome at the festivities if they have demonstrated support for workers' rights.

link

Seems reasonable to me. Jews don't invite Nazis to break bread after the Yom Kippur fast; blacks and catholics don't invite the KKK to supper, and Yankee and Red Sox fans don't picnic together on Independence Day.
So, you're trying to equate Republicans to Nazi's, and the KKK?

Weeeeelll, isn't that speciaaaaal......Typical liberal garbage.

You've got bigger things to worry about, Wry.......Your Giants are tankin', big time!

Not exactly happy times up in San Fudgepackincisco these days, eh, buddy?:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
It is apparently going to be a violent demonstration as most union events are

neg'd for blatant, partisan bullshit :thup:

Right, unions have never been known for violence. :lol:

Truth my ass.

Most union events are not violent. In fact, as a percentage very few are. They just happen to get all the press. If you weren't a brainwashed partisan turd you could've figured that out for yourself.

this is 100% true.

I am just curious if you agree with the same premise as it pertains to the Tea Party ralleys....

Just curious.

Yes I do.

And I also agree that the 'racist' element at tea party rallies is the exception not the rule. But sometimes I pretend otherwise for my trolling enjoyment. :eusa_angel:

And yet you neg somebody else for making a broad brush statement you didn't agree with? Yeah, yeah, he's over it. Whatever. That just strikes me as...uh...I'll go with inconsistent. Maybe I'm just to new to understand your charm. /shrug

Last edited:

link

Your problem is this is a free country and Republicans work day jobs too. Talk about extremists, I think you post is quite extreme.

Because they have the right to boo and jeer them just as they have the right to boo and jeer at KKK parades. And for the same reason.

I recall lots of booing and jeering from leftist whack jobs at various public events.
Imagine the Klan marching along side Dr. King from Selma to Montgomery. Why would they do that? Because they supported Dr. King and the civil rights movement?

I guess it would have been strange to see Robert Byrd in full Klan regalia marching along w/ MLK. It's a faulty comparison though, because opposing collective bargaining for public workers is not at all the same as opposing American workers. Unless, of course, you're prepared to claim FDR was anti-worker. The following is a quote from a letter penned by FDR.

All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters.

Text of FDR Letter Opposing Public Employee (Government)*Unions - Amy Ridenour's National Center Blog - A Conservative Blog

That's right FDR was opposed to public sector unions. He foresaw what a bunch of nut cases they would turn out to be.

Last edited:
It is apparently going to be a violent demonstration as most union events are

neg'd for blatant, partisan bullshit :thup:

Right, unions have never been known for violence. :lol:

this is 100% true.

I am just curious if you agree with the same premise as it pertains to the Tea Party ralleys....

Just curious.

Yes I do.

And I also agree that the 'racist' element at tea party rallies is the exception not the rule. But sometimes I pretend otherwise for my trolling enjoyment. :eusa_angel:

And yet you neg somebody else for making a broad brush statement you didn't agree with? Yeah, yeah, he's over it. Whatever. That just strikes me as...uh...I'll go with inconsistent. Maybe I'm just to new to understand your charm. /shrug
Yeah, they sure do engage in violence.

They also engage in cutting off phone lines to police stations and hospitals. They cut the cell service to thousands of people....Just imagine if someone needed their cell for a life and death emergency.

http://news.infoshop.org/article.php?story=20110818000053591

Bush II might has well have just put a "closed" sign on the door to the Department of Labor when he was in office :lol: Seriously, since when have most Republicans given a darn about anyone except white-collar workers?

The Republicans opted not to fire a percentage of the teachers to make budget.

They did what they had to do for their state and opted for solutions so they wouldn't have to fire people.

Schools do not make money. Teachers who want to make a million dollars should go into private business. States cannot make everybody a millionnaire and keep taxes low enough to invite industries into the state whose taxes pay salaries. Industries do not go into states whose tax bases are so high they cannot make a living there.

I'm so sorry things got ugly in Wisconsin. It was uncalled for, considering the fiscal problems the state was experiencing.

I'll be at the end of the summer pool closing party in my neighborhood.

They threw beers in the pool for dads to jump in & chase for the 4th of July (I got SIX!!)

Oughta be a good time. Then I'll go home & look for TV highlights of rabid cheese head unionists advocating for ways to bankrupt the state of WI...

Yeah, an Anti-Government Labor Day Parade. Good one. Will they be checking ID's on the street too? How about outgrowing the hypocrisy after getting over your tantrums. ;)

Their decision to exclude the ANTI LABOR representatives from a Labor Day parade has the 9-0 support of the Supreme Court. Whine, cry, rail and spit all you want to, but it's there in black and white.

1) It is a Labor Day Parade, not a Union Day Parade
2) Please show me where the GOP is againt "labor"....dont bother, you cant
3) I am sure you were on the side of the NYC St. Paticks Day parade organizers when they wanted to ban gay participants......Yes?

1) Organized by Union Members
2) Oh no, they LOVE labor...as long as they can pay it less than minimum wage or outsource it.
3) Actually, I'm on the side of the law. Supreme Court says a privately sponsored event can exclude anyone they want to. Same thing goes for the Boy Scouts. They are a private organization and as long as they aren't getting to use public buildings for their discrimination, that's cool.

Now, would I prefer that these groups take a more inclusive approach? Absolutely. My personal opinion is that you don't win hearts and minds by being antagonistic and non inclusive. Do unto others/Rule of Three/Karma...whatever.

unionincome.jpg

With all of the companies that have gone under over the past several years and all of the people that have become unemployed, I would think you would realize that folks like you are misleading the American Workler when you cry out that that private sector is waging war against them.

It seems more logical that the business owners were waging war against actions that would put them out of business and force the layoff of millions.

Pure. Horseshit. They WOULD and DO lay off millions and outsource for GREED because they can get away with it - and then we, the taxpayers who lose those jobs reward them with tax breaks for doing it! Why won't you cons own up to your OBVIOUS anti-American labor stances? Man up! Okay, try this:

Name one - JUST ONE - Republican / Conservative / Corporatist backed piece of legislation that was PRO typical American worker at the expense of the uber wealthy or a big business. JUST ONE.
Leftists get surprised when their dogs run away. After all, they only keep beating them.

You keep beating business, don't be surprised when they run away. Look at what's happening in CA and IL.

Or don't, and continue wallowing in ignorance and protest sign mentality.

With all of the companies that have gone under over the past several years and all of the people that have become unemployed, I would think you would realize that folks like you are misleading the American Workler when you cry out that that private sector is waging war against them.

It seems more logical that the business owners were waging war against actions that would put them out of business and force the layoff of millions.

Pure. Horseshit. They WOULD and DO lay off millions and outsource for GREED because they can get away with it - and then we, the taxpayers who lose those jobs reward them with tax breaks for doing it! Why won't you cons own up to your OBVIOUS anti-American labor stances? Man up! Okay, try this:

Name one - JUST ONE - Republican / Conservative / Corporatist backed piece of legislation that was PRO typical American worker at the expense of the uber wealthy or a big business. JUST ONE.

you claim to work in NYC....

SO let me ask you something...

Have you ever been in the Empire State building? The run of glass and steele buildings on Avenue of the Americas? The Chrysler Building? 1700 Bway? All of those 45th-57th buidlings on Nroadway? 520 madison? 535 Mdaison? 747 3rd avenue? 767 5th? I can go on and on...

You know what makes up those MILLIONS of square feet of offcie space?

Small busineesses of 20, 30, 50, 100, 500, 1000 employees that have never hired a single person who lives outsdide the US....thousands upon thousands of them......tens of thousands.....

Yet all you complain about are the IBM's and some of the other fortune 500's..and financial institutions that NEED offices overseas.....

You are freaking clueless and so stuck on talking points you just refuse to open your mind to reality.

You can fucking count in one hour the ampount of companies that are "evil and bad".....and it would take you a year to count the ones that arent.

You are a fucking idiot.....you are so fucking closed minded it gets me sick.
You know who they don't complain about?

GE, Obama's BFF.

Oh I get it all right, and you know that most companies have salary caps on particular pay grades / positions. For instance, my job has a salary cap. And most "raises" are 1-3% and not every year. I have never heard of anyone getting 10% a year raise every year. MANY, MANY corporations outsource claiming the "competitiveness" horseshit, but I'm sorry, when you have enough profit left over to pay 7 and 8 figure salaries to all your top executives while paying your other workers peanuts, THAT is nothing but GREED. I thought you guys said that shit would trickle down. Yeah right... Not only are companies outsourcing, but they're also using temps to get around paying health insurance and offering $10/hour for a $25/hour job because there are so many people needing jobs. I am really beginning to think the private sector wrecked the economy on purpose to further drive down wages. I would not be in the least surprised. Lovely that we, the middle class taxpayers are the only ones that lost everything in that gamble, huh.

So start your own company, and run it the way you want.

Nothing's stopping you but you.

Text of FDR Letter Opposing Public Employee (Government) Unions - Amy Ridenour's National Center Blog - A Conservative Blog

One, I find it amusing your mention the eventually repentant and do gooder Byrd without a comparison to the turncloak Thurmond, who died, rightfully, in disgrace.

Two, I find it amusing that you take out of context a quote by FDR who supported unions.

Run along to the playground, please, and go ask what "context" means in discussion. Look for the words 'honesty' and 'objectivity', OK? That's a good e-thug.

Forum List

Back