Republican legislator slams Muhammad Ali

I personally don't think "dodging the draft" is particularly reflective of Ali's character. He more than made up for his mistake (if it was one) by becoming a hero to hundreds of millions of people. Oh, and let's not how this "draft dodger" endorsed Ronald Reagan for president in 1984. Another thing is that it's pretty childish to condemn a man because of his faith, even if he was a member of the Nation of Islam.

I recall when Nelson Mandela died, this same stuff happening. It's pathetic to me. Really.

I wasn't condemning anyone at ALL. I spoke the truth though. Sorry you took it as me slamming him.
You didn't speak the truth. He was not a draft dodger. Learn your history.

First off..please do not call me a liar. I DID speak the truth. You just can't handle the truth...so you go on the attack.
My husband served in the military. I take HIS word, and he said Ali did dodge. So whether he dodged, said he was refusing to go..whatever words he used, it comes out the same.

The fact you RW people don't understand the difference is yet another indication of your total ignorance of history, of social norms, and just a general lack of education, as well as you are all very, very dumb and narrow minded.

I beg your pardon?

I happen to be a "RW" person, and I know for a fact that we don't all have such a failing.
Not all no. Most on here though. And those are obviously the ones I am referring to.

Just hoping you understand that. :)

It is also interesting how people criticize Trump's racism, but won't address Ali's or criticize Ali's but not Trump's. Am I living in an alternate universe?
Trump is not a racist. Don't let the left dictate your opinions.

Actually he is. He is not being characterized as a racist; he is a racist.
Please tell him to not change a thing... The best thing that could happen to HRC is to have Trump near an open microphone.
Actually that's your opinion, which really isn't worth anything.

Perhaps it will sink in on a Wednesday in November when President Elect Clinton is taking her victory lap and your messiah is blaming the ______________ for his losing.

It is also interesting how people criticize Trump's racism, but won't address Ali's or criticize Ali's but not Trump's. Am I living in an alternate universe?
Trump is not a racist. Don't let the left dictate your opinions.

Actually he is. He is not being characterized as a racist; he is a racist.
Please tell him to not change a thing... The best thing that could happen to HRC is to have Trump near an open microphone.
Actually that's your opinion, which really isn't worth anything.

Perhaps it will sink in on a Wednesday in November when President Elect Clinton is taking her victory lap and your messiah is blaming the ______________ for his losing.
Another opinion that is worthless. Any more worthless opinions?

You know..............back in the 1960's, Islam was considered to be a religion of peace, and, by the practices of those like Mohammed Ali, it was considered to be so.

However...............because of certain world events (look them up yourself) that happened in the late 1970's, terrorist attacks became something to be feared and looked out for.

But then again, we have Christians who are willing to shoot doctors, shoot people in churches or blow up federal buildings.

Face it....................terrorists don't belong to just one religion, all religions have some kind of fringe wing that thinks it's okay to go against the rule of one of the 10 Commandments that states "thou shalt not murder".

Murder and killing never solve anything.
why does the left constantly lie about christians 'terrorist"?

except for a few shootings, there's nothing else. McVey didn't do what he did in the name of religion, and you know that.

so why lie?

LOL, you're just like everyone who thought Sonny Liston would wipe the floor with Ali. We will see who wins in November, won't we?

You know..............back in the 1960's, Islam was considered to be a religion of peace, and, by the practices of those like Mohammed Ali, it was considered to be so.

However...............because of certain world events (look them up yourself) that happened in the late 1970's, terrorist attacks became something to be feared and looked out for.

But then again, we have Christians who are willing to shoot doctors, shoot people in churches or blow up federal buildings.

Face it....................terrorists don't belong to just one religion, all religions have some kind of fringe wing that thinks it's okay to go against the rule of one of the 10 Commandments that states "thou shalt not murder".

Murder and killing never solve anything.
why does the left constantly lie about christians 'terrorist"?

except for a few shootings, there's nothing else. McVey didn't do what he did in the name of religion, and you know that.

so why lie?

Because they have nothing else.

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?
If I were called upon to serve my country in any way, I certainly wouldn't dodge. I'd serve my country proudly. However, it's physically impossible for me to serve in the military. I'm not sure how drafts work in those cases, but I'm about 90% sure they only draft able-bodied people. I'd also like to point out that rich people can get drafted for either Iraq war, so claiming that only poor people can get drafted is ignorant(Military Selective Service Act).

I don't really get the point of this thread. Ali DID dodge the draft. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it doesn't mean we should not speak it.

He didn't dodge the draft. He flat out told them he wasn't going.

Being a conscientious objector is not, NOT I repeat, dodging the draft. He was not a draft dodger. He was conscientious objector, which was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States.

A conscientious objector is NOT A DRAFT DODGER.

The fact you RW people don't understand the difference is yet another indication of your total ignorance of history, of social norms, and just a general lack of education, as well as you are all very, very dumb and narrow minded.

Conscientious objectors have been around a great long time before Ali. They are not draft dodgers.

aliwins4a-4-web.jpg

You lost me with you started in the ''you RW people''. GMAB. I may have used the wrong term. I said that already, but Taz said himself he flat out said he was not going.
Do you know when he said that?
If you read any of the biographical material in the news right now, you will have it explained to you. Also, you may want to look up the term conscientious objector. See what it means, its purpose, and how long it has been around. Many young men tried to use that to get out of going to Vietnam. Not many succeeded with the courts. The US Supreme Court voted 8-0 to agree with Ali and recognized that he was a true Conscientious Objector.

I don't really get the point of this thread. Ali DID dodge the draft. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it doesn't mean we should not speak it.

Being a conscientious objector is not, NOT I repeat, dodging the draft. He was not a draft dodger. He was conscientious objector, which was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States.

Conscientious objectors have been around a great long time before Ali. They are not draft dodgers.

aliwins4a-4-web.jpg

You lost me with you started in the ''you RW people''. GMAB. I may have used the wrong term. I said that already, but Taz said himself he flat out said he was not going.
If you read any of the biographical material in the news right now, you will have it explained to you. Also, you may want to look up the term conscientious objector. See what it means, its purpose, and how long it has been around. Many young men tried to use that to get out of going to Vietnam. Not many succeeded with the courts. The US Supreme Court voted 8-0 to agree with Ali and recognized that he was a true Conscientious Objector.

Okay.

If it were WW2, then maybe you have a point. If it's Vietnam, Iraq 1 or 2, or any other modern conflict which is fought by poor people for the benefit of rich people, then they should NEVER feel guilty.

Would you die so some rich person can make an extra $100 million a year? Really?
If I were called upon to serve my country in any way, I certainly wouldn't dodge. I'd serve my country proudly. However, it's physically impossible for me to serve in the military. I'm not sure how drafts work in those cases, but I'm about 90% sure they only draft able-bodied people. I'd also like to point out that rich people can get drafted for either Iraq war, so claiming that only poor people can get drafted is ignorant(Military Selective Service Act).
Interestingly, there was a thread on here recently on John Wayne, and all the RWrs praising him to the hilt for being a 'true American hero.' He dodged the military: he didn't fight for his country or serve his country. This during WWII. Not a conscientious objector, just didn't go. Stayed home.

How is he different from Ali? Oh yeah, he's white.

weirdo is one of our America and Vet haters.

Mans so ignorant he's using lines from songs that don't apply anymore

Interestingly, there was a thread on here recently on John Wayne, and all the RWrs praising him to the hilt for being a 'true American hero.' He dodged the military: he didn't fight for his country or serve his country. This during WWII. Not a conscientious objector, just didn't go. Stayed home.

No different at all in my eyes. My dad, as an 18 year old didn't want to serve in WW2 either............but he did.

I personally don't think "dodging the draft" is particularly reflective of Ali's character. He more than made up for his mistake (if it was one) by becoming a hero to hundreds of millions of people. Oh, and let's not how this "draft dodger" endorsed Ronald Reagan for president in 1984. Another thing is that it's pretty childish to condemn a man because of his faith, even if he was a member of the Nation of Islam.

I recall when Nelson Mandela died, this same stuff happening. It's pathetic to me. Really.

I wasn't condemning anyone at ALL. I spoke the truth though. Sorry you took it as me slamming him.

First off..please do not call me a liar. I DID speak the truth. You just can't handle the truth...so you go on the attack.
My husband served in the military. I take HIS word, and he said Ali did dodge. So whether he dodged, said he was refusing to go..whatever words he used, it comes out the same.
Your husband is wrong. You are wrong. The US Supreme Court is right. End of.

aliwins4a-4-web.jpg

The others weren't celebrities.

No different at all in my eyes. My did, as an 18 year old didn't want to serve in WW2 either............but he did.
You haven't even looked up the meaning of and purpose of the term conscientious objector, so you cannot know what you are talking about. It isn't the 'same thing.'

First off, he refused to serve his country when called on, and whether he's a Draft Dodger or "Conscientious Objector", it doesn't change that. Secondly, there's hardly a difference, which I just explained. Liberals love splitting hairs whenever it suits them, don't they? Thirdly, Kat was using the general term for someone who refused to serve their country, nobody says "Conscientious Objector", that's no reason to jump on and insult someone, you're acting immature. LASTLY, you could have summed all of that up with ignorant, the rest is redundant and off point.

Your husband is wrong. You are wrong. The US Supreme Court is right. End of.

Newp. We are right.....especially my husband. I take his word over yours...someone on a message board, any day. I do however think you need to read further before replying to any more of my posts. I already said OKAY.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back