Republican Gerrymandering

I would be curious as to thoughts, if any, on what kind of gerrymandered damage the democrats have self inflicted through gerrymandering....

Maybe their ability to win elections followed by their inability to govern....?
:dunno:

Maybe its because gerrymandering IS NOT THE PROBLEM you believe it is.

Maybe not. I've been wrong before... no big thing.

Why do YOU think the Republicans are the way they are, displaying the conundrum of seemingly rational people belonging to a party whose national message seems to be stubbornly stuck in ideology based on the disproved theory of trickle-down economics, social issue buffoonery and the national search for a messenger who's 'conservative enough' to preach it correctly?

I really wish the republicans would figure it out that they need to embrace their libertarian side and change the fucking message.

Real choices AFTER the primaries would be refreshing.

HOR, DEMOCRAT, Texas 35th District;

400111-100px.jpeg

Texas 35th District

tumblr_m1pdix1AU81qg6g9po1_500.jpg

The key to Gerrymandering is not an individual district, but how that districts composition affects the rest of the states representatives
Texas 35 is a great example. It is a district Gerrymandered to be a Democratic seat. By putting all the Democrats in Austin and San Antonio into one district, you give one seat that is 90% Democrat and allow three or four other Districts to be Republican with only 60% Republican majority

Texas 35th District is a godsend to Republicans

Yet, you give no examples.

Ummmmmmm....examples?

wait......let me look

Here's one 35th District in Texas

The key to Gerrymandering is not an individual district, but how that districts composition affects the rest of the states representatives
Texas 35 is a great example. It is a district Gerrymandered to be a Democratic seat. By putting all the Democrats in Austin and San Antonio into one district, you give one seat that is 90% Democrat and allow three or four other Districts to be Republican with only 60% Republican majority

Texas 35th District is a godsend to Republicans

Yet, you give no examples.

Ummmmmmm....examples?

wait......let me look

Here's one 35th District in Texas

You claim the districts surrounding 35th Texas are gerrymandered to Republican Advantage, yet offer no proof regarding the actual nature of those districts....

Either Put Up, or admit you really don't know or erode your credability with additional blather.

The Republicans "who're" ... that would be John McCain, right ? or is it Lindsey Graham's month to turn tricks? hard to keep track of what the GOP stable is up to......

Neither is a Congressman

Republicans have made a pact with the devil with the Tea Tards. Yea, they guarantee some districts but bring the rest of the party down in the national elections

The pretense that Democrats don't Gerrymander and that they don't have "extreme" candidates doesn't pass the laugh test.

Gerrymandering was invented by Democrats.

But the sheer stupidity of one-note Democratic illiterates ensured the election of such total dead beats as Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, the Levin brothers (one infecting the Senate, the other stinking up the House), the 200 year-old spot of mold from Michigan, Dingbat, Debbie Wasserman (positive) Shultz and the genius who thought (?) Guam would tip over if more people set foot there, made Democrat gerrymandering less important at least for the time being.

No, Not really.

The word was created 1n 1812 in reaction to a redrawing of Massachusetts state senate election districts under governor Elbridge "Gerry-mander" Gerry.

District maps reminded some of the shape of a Sala-mander , thus Gerry-"mander" was coined.

Governor Gerry was not a member of either the Democratic or Republican parties, since niether existed in 1812.

Neither is a Congressman

Republicans have made a pact with the devil with the Tea Tards. Yea, they guarantee some districts but bring the rest of the party down in the national elections

The pretense that Democrats don't Gerrymander and that they don't have "extreme" candidates doesn't pass the laugh test.

But the sheer stupidity of one-note Democratic illiterates ensured the election of such total dead beats as Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, the Levin brothers (one infecting the Senate, the other stinking up the House), the 200 year-old spot of mold from Michigan, Dingbat, Debbie Wasserman (positive) Shultz and the genius who thought (?) Guam would tip over if more people set foot there, made Democrat gerrymandering less important at least for the time being.

Cry me a fucking river.

What are your thoughts on how gerrymandering has affected the republican party?

It's not the fact of gerrymandering that I bring to the table... The discussion I bring is how gerrymandering has stifled any creativity and moderation remaining in the republican party when it comes to crafting their message, causing this downward spiral of trying to find the perfect messenger, when what needs changing in the republican party is the fucking message.

Translation, the Republican Party needs to become Democrap-Lyte, correct??

Dunno, Boris. Is that the way you would like to see it go?

What is YOUR answer to the republican conundrum of more and more unelectable candidates for national office wiggling through the republican primary process?

It's not the fact of gerrymandering that I bring to the table... The discussion I bring is how gerrymandering has stifled any creativity and moderation remaining in the republican party when it comes to crafting their message, causing this downward spiral of trying to find the perfect messenger, when what needs changing in the republican party is the fucking message.

What is YOUR answer to the republican conundrum of more and more unelectable candidates for national office wiggling through the republican primary process?
Problem is we tried to foist two limpwristed RINOs the last two elections. The GOP needs to be the Conservative party and stand up for what it believes. Not try to appease the enemy, which in this case, is the American Left and the Democrat party.

Problem is we tried to foist two limpwristed RINOs the last two elections. The GOP needs to be the Conservative party and stand up for what it believes. Not try to appease the enemy, which in this case, is the American Left and the Democrat party.

I love it! Hell, we wouldn't even have to campaign! I suggest you nominate Palin and Bachmann! We could win with Pee Wee Herman!

In the process of setting electoral districts, gerrymandering is a practice that attempts to establish a political advantage for a particular party or group by manipulating district boundaries to create partisan advantaged districts.

Gerrymandering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The TEA Party wing of the Republicans may not owe its existence to Gerrymandering, but the tail-wagging-the-dog power it holds over the party and the nation is a direct result.

The Republican insistence on nominating conservative candidates who are right-wing buffoons in the general elections is a direct result of Gerrymandering.

Gerrymandering may be protecting the ideology of the Right, but it's rendering the Republicans impotent in national elections.

Gerrymandering is THE reason that Americans have a less than 10% approval rating for Congress.

It's the REPUBLICANS who're being hurt by Republican Gerrymandering in the long run.

`

NC 12th district.

I love it! Hell, we wouldn't even have to campaign! I suggest you nominate Palin and Bachmann! We could win with Pee Wee Herman!

What? And have the rest of the country Detroited because of lack of opposition to Dumbshitocrats like you?

Your conservative candidates can't even win a GOP primary. By what stretch of he imagination do you think they could win a general election?

What does it believe?
the GOP needs to bet back to its Conservative roots of smaller government, more individual autonomy, and empowering people, not the government.

When was the GOP ever like that?

Name a president

Well, to be fair, I admit that they could dig up Herbert Hoover.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d8FTPv955I]All in the Family / Archie Bunker's Place Opening Credits - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back