representative in florida resigning; Merged

It's so much fun to watch the spin... Amazing how you guys can turn things on their ear like that... quite an amazing talent. And if you believe that garbage for a second, you've been reading too much of Annie Coultergeist.

Lay it on us, Jillian. How did this all come down ? The Dems knew nothing about this until ABC broke the story, right ? and now they are shocked--just stunned by it all ! right?

Lay it on us, Jillian. How did this all come down ? The Dems knew nothing about this until ABC broke the story, right ? and know they are shocked--just stunned by it all ! right?

right. :smoke: hypocrits and you are calling this right.

So, we know the identity of the young man who was IMing Foley. I say young man because he was 18 at the time. Glad to hear there was no pedophilia.

I think this changes a bit. Doesnt justify anything Foley did. However, it goes to show that Foley resigned for making sexual comments with an adult at consenting age. An inappropriate relationship, of course, but this makes things much more comparable to Lewinsky.

it just goes to show, Republicans will resign if caught in inappropriate relationships, Democrats will blame the american public and defend their bad behavior.

So, we know the identity of the young man who was IMing Foley. I say young man because he was 18 at the time. Glad to hear there was no pedophilia.

I think this changes a bit. Doesnt justify anything Foley did. However, it goes to show that Foley resigned for making sexual comments with an adult at consenting age. An inappropriate relationship, of course, but this makes things much more comparable to Lewinsky.

it just goes to show, Republicans will resign if caught in inappropriate relationships, Democrats will blame the american public and defend their bad behavior.

Adult? You consider 17 or 18 adult? How old was Monica? Age should be her, minus one month. She already caused damage. Doh. So now we'll go with page or 'advisor' from any rhelm.

Loath as you are to read things you don't like, I suggest you bone up on the two different strands of communication Foley engaged in. The Democrats have some serious problems here. It is THEY who engineered a cover-up - THEY who potentially exposed minor children to continuing danger because it suited their depraved political ends - THEY who have acted with hideous irresponsibility. There was political hay to be made here - by doing the right thing - months or years ago, not in this miserable, sociopathic, and opportunistic way. It's hard to come up wrong in a situation like this, but somehow the Dems have managed it. They're better than a sitcom!

RATFLMAO!! Well, at least you haven't lost your sense of humour. You are the King of sarcasm....I mean the above post is sarcasm, right? :thup:

RATFLMAO!! Well, at least you haven't lost your sense of humour. You are the King of sarcasm....I mean the above post is sarcasm, right? :thup:

Wow - that was devastating, Dr Grump. I guess you told me a thing or two. Can I get up now?

Now, if we could just get Foley to lie under oath about it...

Lawyers engaged already! I'd say that,

A. It's getting ready to be somebody's ass, and

B. the Democrats and the MSM/DNC are going to come out of this with shit dripping from their faces.

foley... gay......asses.......shit on their faces.....LOL....good one

foley... gay......asses.......shit on their faces.....LOL....good one

That's icky...

This is what abcnews.com is saying now: Please note the part in bold.

Three More Former Pages Accuse Foley of Online Sexual Approaches
October 05, 2006 5:20 PM

Brian Ross, Rhonda Schwartz & Maddy Sauer Report:

Three more former congressional pages have come forward to reveal what they call "sexual approaches" over the Internet from former Congressman Mark Foley.

The pages served in the classes of 1998, 2000 and 2002. They independently approached ABC News after the Foley resignation through the Brian Ross & the Investigative Team's tip line on ABCNews.com. None wanted their names used because of the sensitive nature of the communications.

"I was seventeen years old and just returned to [my home state] when Foley began to e-mail me, asking if I had ever seen my page roommates naked and how big their penises were," said the page in the 2002 class.

The former page also said Foley told him that if he happened to be in Washington, D.C., he could stay at Foley's home if he "would engage in oral sex" with Foley. The page told ABC News he was interviewed this week by FBI agents who had a six-page list of questions about Foley and the exchanges.

The second page who talked with ABC News, a graduate of the 2000 page class, says Foley actually visited the old page dorm and offered rides to events in his BMW.

"His e-mails developed into sexually explicit conversations, and he asked me for photographs of my erect penis," the former page said.

The page said Foley maintained e-mail contact with him even after he started college and arranged a sexual liaison after the page had turned 18.

The third page interviewed by ABC News, a graduate of the 1998 page class, said Foley's instant messages began while he was a senior in high school.

"Foley would say he was sitting in his boxers and ask what I was wearing," the page said.

"It became more weird, and I stopped responding," the page said.

All three pages described similar instant message and e-mail patterns, with remarkably similar escalations of provocative questions.

"He didn't want to talk about politics," the page said. "He wanted to talk about sex or my penis," the page said.

The three new verbal accounts are in addition to two sets of sexually explicit instant messages provided to ABC News by former pages.

An online story on the Drudge Report Thursday claimed one set of the sexually explicit instant messages obtained by ABC News was part of a "prank" on the part of the former page, who reportedly says he goaded the congressman into writing the messages.

"This was no prank," said one of the three former pages who talked to ABC News today about his experience with the congressman.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/10/three_more_form.html

I wouldn't be so quick to take the Drudge Sludge as a source ....

It would be better for Democrats if the boys WERE of age. The more certain it becomes that Foley was IMing underage boys, the more heinous the cover-up of that information becomes. Nancy Pelosi needs to be on the horn to ABC as we speak, telling them to STFU.

It is hard to offer a substantive refutation

As we see.

Dr Grump said:
of a post of little or no substance in the first place....:smoke:

Ah, yes - a critical differentiation in types, substance, and possession of Internet communications - purposely obscured by a party seeking to make political hay - the upshot of which convicts said party of a depraved indifference to the safety of children, in favor of the advancement of its own cynical political ends...such pap...such fluff...nothing there to grab on to at all.

History is unfolding before your eyes, Dr Grump. Why don't you take off your blinders and enjoy it?

Drudge is a bottom feeder, most people realize this. I'm not saying he is always wrong, but I don't put much weight to stuff he writes.

CLAIM: FILTHY FOLEY ONLINE CHATS WERE PAGE 'PRANK GONE AWRY'

Its fun covering your ass with words.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU OCT 5 2006 22:01:25 ET XXXXX

BILL CLINTON HAD SEX WITH TWO MIDGETS, A GOAT, A RAW HALIBUT, AND MY DEAD GRANDMOTHER IN A LITTLE BAR DOWN IN TJ CALLED EL GUSANO GRANDE?

Again, note the bolded text.

Forum List

Back